Thread: How much to frame movie poster?

Default How much to frame movie poster?

Anyone know how much is costs to frame a normal sized movie poster and where is the cheapest?

Thanks.

Default Re: How much to frame movie poster?

Originally posted by dragos
    Anyone know how much is costs to frame a normal sized movie poster and where is the cheapest?

Thanks.
    Framed a few before. With aluminium frame and non-reflective glass. Around $55-60. Shop is quite ulu, at clementi ave 2.

if you need cheap framing you should consider getting ready made frames at Ikea. Well, if the sizes are too large, you can alway do a window mounting to fit your poster in.

Default Re: Re: How much to frame movie poster?

Originally posted by azone

Framed a few before. With aluminium frame and non-reflective glass. Around $55-60. Shop is quite ulu, at clementi ave 2.

where is it? do u have the exact address?

i stay near clementi..

Default Re: Re: Re: How much to frame movie poster?

where is it? do u have the exact address?

i stay near clementi..
    Since you lived near here, it should be easy. I dun have the exact address thou. Its blk 354. The shop is quite near the Econ minimart and directly facing blk 360. Look for the friendly guy called andrew.

Originally posted by excentrique
    if you need cheap framing you should consider getting ready made frames at Ikea. Well, if the sizes are too large, you can alway do a window mounting to fit your poster in.
    window mounting?

Default Re: How much to frame movie poster?

Thanks.
    if you have found where to go yet... i have the following to recommend...

Wah Yow Trading Company
    520 Sims Ave #01-04 (Near Gelang Lorong 35)
    Tel: 67444131

Went to the shop once to do framing. cost about $30 for a 80cm x 23cm with aluminium frame and rough surface glass.

call them up first to check for estimated price before u go down.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: How much to frame movie poster?

Originally posted by azone

Since you lived near here, it should be easy. I dun have the exact address thou. Its blk 354. The shop is quite near the Econ minimart and directly facing blk 360. Look for the friendly guy called andrew.
    That's my uncle. Just mention that Shannon recommended you to him.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How much to frame movie poster?

Originally posted by Minimalis

That's my uncle. Just mention that Shannon recommended you to him.
    OMG!! What a small world! But i have to admit that he's a very skillful craftsman. A nice person to chat with too.

Originally posted by Necroist

window mounting?

opps.. sorry, another of my jargon... Window mount basically means a cardboard (presentation board/mounting board) which you can get at Art friend. Cut a hole in the centre big enough (but slightly smaller than your picture)and fit your picture nicely. Bingo. The boards comes in huge sizes so you can cut them down to size to fit odd sizes frames. Cheap and beautiful.

erm in that case, how would window mounting make the poster size smaller for a ready-made poster frame?
    Canon EOS 5D Classic | Minolta X-700 | http://flickr.com/photos/zeus

Originally posted by Necroist
    erm in that case, how would window mounting make the poster size smaller for a ready-made poster frame?
    Well, I guess you will normally get a frame which is bigger than the poster. No point of getting a frame smaller than the poster right? The board will be good if the frame are far too huge for the poster.