Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lens costs

Default Re: lens costs

so many contributions.. now where is the thread starter gonna said and give more details as to what he really needs ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Reading his past posts, I think he is looking for 2nd hand Canon EOS5 or similar. I also notice he mentioned he had bought a 400mm lens.

2nd hand film caneras should meet his budget right? Maybe he cant find a Canon body meeting his budget sio is considering to jump to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    Put yr $300 on Brazil and make it $372 @1.24 odds. By the end of WC2006, you will have snowballed enough $$ to buy a Canon 1DsMK2 with an assortment of lenses and accessories. If lose, den it only $300. Worth a try. (However I'm in no way responsible for any loses)

$300 is too little to buy a DSLR. You need about S$2K to get a basic setup.

For individual lens cost can go to the Price list section.

Really? I got $300, but too young to bet, how? Any bookie out there accepting my bet?

OK, just kidding.

Just wondering how is it that he has already bought a 400mm lens and still does not know which brand of lens to get. You sure he got a 400mm already?

iirc, he already got a 10D... hmmm... or was that someone else? hmmm...

http://www.forum.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=199194

The above link says he already bought a 400mm lens. Did not mention what brand.

http://www.forum.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=199448

This link mention he is deciding between EOS 5 and EOS 55 and there was another link saying he is changing/changed from Pentax to EOS 5.

Dunno how to help him.

guys, thanks for all of your help. as I was finding for a film camera earlier on, and I dunno which one to find for , a seller was trying to sell me an EOS 50 or an EOS 5. and I was caught in between the 2. therefore I asked to get the 50 or 5. I got my answer. being young and gan chiong, I bought a 400mm lens in advance. and landed myself in cash-strapped situation. . this post about lens costs was asked on behalf of my friend. a non-clubsnap member. a noobie like me, he was considering to go for Nikon or Canon and which lens to get. therefore I asked the question for him lor. ha ha.. sorry to clear up the air so late. you guys been a great help. thanks.

Regards,
    kevyyn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12