Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing from digital to slr

Default Re: Changing from digital to slr

Quote Originally Posted by zac08
    Especially when your cam has a good continous shooting speed... "zichap..zichap..zichap.."

Even more shoik
    how true. reminded me when I tested the 5D. at high speed. the "recoi"l from the shutter blows me away. that's when I converted to a DSLR.

Quote Originally Posted by giam_siap_lang
    how true. reminded me when I tested the 5D. at high speed. the "recoi"l from the shutter blows me away. that's when I converted to a DSLR.
    You should try one with 5fps... really POWER.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

What dslr is good for newbie? Canon 30D? How to test out when u wanting to get a dslr?

Deregistered

You should try one with 5fps... really POWER.
    then when u try 8fps how?

Quote Originally Posted by zheng_ruixian
    What dslr is good for newbie? Canon 30D? How to test out when u wanting to get a dslr?
    there isnt really a specific good dslr for a newbie ba. maybe a too pro level one would have more learning curve on using it, as there might be many buttons on it. but then again, its jus a matter to getting use to it and learning it. depending on your budget, ur needs, then get a camera that you like as well.

for me i chose nikon d70s cos i like the way the buttons are laid out. also i like the feel of the grip. it fits jus nice to me. simply said, everything about the camera is jus nice for me. you should find 1 camera that fits it like that to u too.

dont get ur 2nd qns. u mean how to test the cam? or how to test if u want the cam?

to test cam, normally i see thru viewfinder for big dirt. also if can see inside. then try shooting. take burst shots. try out all the function lah.

as for test if u want the cam. well, its going to be an expensive hobby. you really got to decide and stay with it. then get 1

hope it helps
    D70s-er Since 2005

Hmm like how to test on noise level etc...

Quote Originally Posted by markccm
    then when u try 8fps how?
    Lagi steam lor... hahahaha

Wonder how high can they get??
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Hmm like how to test on noise level etc...
    hmmm.... like that i think must than can see....

else read reviews, borrow from frens....

ask in this forum. i think alot would already asked such qns. try a search.

but i think most of the DSLR are ok with the noise. esp like nikon and canon.

depends on ur need lah. i think cams like D50, D70s,D200,300D,350D,20D,30D are all well used, well liked by various ppl in the forum. ask around for their opinions. getting any one of them would be great! i got my D70s!
    D70s-er Since 2005

Deregistered

Lagi steam lor... hahahaha

Wonder how high can they get??
    simple.
    change your hobby to video.
    30fps non-drop

Quote Originally Posted by zcwnfx
    as for test if u want the cam. well, its going to be an expensive hobby. you really got to decide and stay with it. then get 1
    Agree, when i parted wih my money for my DSLR, heart pain sia.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    Agree, when i parted wih my money for my DSLR, heart pain sia.
    me too... must control...

my fren got a lot of lens now! i only got a few. but sufficient lah. i got the 18-70mm and a 70-300mm which covers me quite well. aiming for a 12-24m super wide, and also a 18-200mm power zoom for walkabout and also travelling.

but all is money money money!
    D70s-er Since 2005

me too... must control...

my fren got a lot of lens now! i only got a few. but sufficient lah. i got the 18-70mm and a 70-300mm which covers me quite well. aiming for a 12-24m super wide, and also a 18-200mm power zoom for walkabout and also travelling.

but all is money money money!
    Having lots of lens is not impt, what most impt is whether the lens u have is sufficient enough of u to use.

For me my 2 lens as stated in my signature is enough for me le...except need to get an 11-18mm to complete the package.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

actually i am quite happy with my set of lens now. i have 2, the 18-70mm DX and the 70-300mm G. covers me well. jus would like to replace these 2 with 2 other, a ultra wide 12-24mm for me to shoot landscape and building which i love. and a 18-200mm all in 1 lens for general walkabout and also for travel.

but i do see that, building up on skill is more important than building up on lenses!
    D70s-er Since 2005

but i do see that, building up on skill is more important than building up on lenses!
    Yes i agree too!! No point having so many gd lenses if u dunno how to make gd use of them.

When's e time u know that a digi can't give u e result u want and makes u have e urge to change to a more powerful slr?
    The moment you ask this question

I also used prosumer digital cameras for many years until I realized that many of the effects you can get with a dslr (with the appropriate lenses) I would never be able to get with my camera I used at that time. (Fuji 602 Z).

Although the picture quality I got from this camera was good, I just saw to many pics taken with a dslr that I knew my camera would never be able to deliver.

That's when I bought my Nikon D50 and never looked back.

But the collection of lenses I bought since then did overtake the initial purchase prize by a considerable amount.

Quote Originally Posted by markccm
    simple.
    change your hobby to video.
    30fps non-drop
    Nah... already with photos I can't believe the amount of time I spent doing PP...

with video, the time spent to render it would be even more scary... I won't go into video (the proecssing time and power used is horrendous)
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Deregistered

Nah... already with photos I can't believe the amount of time I spent doing PP...

with video, the time spent to render it would be even more scary... I won't go into video (the proecssing time and power used is horrendous)
    Actually, I don't spend that much time doing PP, I think it's overhyped that you must spend thousands of hours doing PS.

Just need some getting used to the camera knowing what it does and then adjust it accordingly to suit your needs. Still I prefer RAW for just in case(s). Storage is cheap, the opportunity isn't

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Actually, I don't spend that much time doing PP, I think it's overhyped that you must spend thousands of hours doing PS.

Just need some getting used to the camera knowing what it does and then adjust it accordingly to suit your needs. Still I prefer RAW for just in case(s). Storage is cheap, the opportunity isn't
    Not exactly thousands of hours... But as it is, I have loads of pics which have not gone thru even the basic evaluation and checks on whether the colour or balance is good enough.

Need to get my butt into action and start work on my pics liao...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

So...What do u bros look for in a photo? What kind of feeling must it give u and others?

So...What do u bros look for in a photo? What kind of feeling must it give u and others?
    Most imptly is satisfaction. Diff pple might see it diffly. Composition is also crucial.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12