Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blur photo

Deregistered

Default Re: Blur photo

Quote Originally Posted by zheng_ruixian
    Normally at night i take photo at iso 400..Good enough ma?
    How high a ISO value is is only 1 factor. The shutterspeed is the other factor you need to take into concern. Having the highest ISO value but if the shutter speed doesn't make it, you will still face the same problem.

This is kinda blur but at times i take photo it will be clear

wow, if so bad, u maybe hav to shoot more to train le
    fast shutter also good

Your photos are suffering from hand shake... Try to have a fast enough shutter speed if you gonna hand hold camera.. General rule of thumb is to keep to min 1/focal length speed when shooting hand-held.. so if u shooting at 50mm, keep to at least 1/50 sec shutter speed. Some pple with steady hands can do well at slower speed.. others with shaky hands even this also not enough.
    Last edited by stk; 19th June 2006 at 03:11 PM.

since ur using A620, i believe ur camera has manual and shutter/aperture prioriety modes.
    as a general rule.... night shots needs slower shutter speed (1s or longer). hence u would need a tripod or a stable surface. as long as ur body is touching the camera, there is a high chance the picture would turn out blur if slow shutter speed is used.

hope this helps
    Photo Album - Photo Album

This is kinda blur but at times i take photo it will be clear

no matter what camera you use, it will be blur to take this at 1/1.25 sec hand held. Using a tripod will help. For hand held, best result is 1/60s or 1/focal length whichever is faster.

This is kinda clear..Can give some pointers pls..Thankz alot...

Pls give some comments good or bad as long as can let me improve on my mistakes all comments are most welcome

at shutter speed of 1/30s, its still not easy to hand held. Pratice your shot more and soon you will have clearer picture. a tripod or resting the camera on stable surface is a must for low light situation.

This is kinda clear..Can give some pointers pls..Thankz alot...

Pls give some comments good or bad as long as can let me improve on my mistakes all comments are most welcome
    imho, this one is still a bit blur, albeit a better than the 1st.
    if u intend to take nightshots frequently, u can consider getting a tripod
    Photo Album - Photo Album

and for "newbies" like you (as you claim), use the 1/focal length rule
    eat. drink. shoot

ok..Thankz i'll remember those pointers..Hmm can give some comments on e photo? I feel like something is missing but don't know what...

So far those two photos look like test shots, like you were just trying out your camera by shooting out of the window. So nothing much to comment on. If #2 was meant to be a real attempt, then my comments are:
    1. Technically, the whole picture looks a little under exposed. Unless you were aiming for the silhouette of the building. But I think there was not enough light in the sky to give enough contrast for an effective silhouette pic.
    2. As for composition, I can't figure if you were more interested in the sky or the building. If it was the sky, then the building just sticks out like a sore thumb. On the other hand, if it was the building you were after, then adding more of it would have added more interest (perhaps a portrait format?) as it is, the chopped off building does not have a very unique form to make a good silhouette.
    3. yes this one is a little clearer, but there is still some shake in it (unless thats a tree swaying in the breeze on top of the building). If you do not have a tripod but still want to use slower shutter speed, you might find these tips useful.

a. If outdoors, try supporting the camera on a steady object. eg parkbench/table, low fence, lamp post (my favourite, press the camera firmly against it), bird bath, water fountain.....well you get the picture.

b. If there is nothing around but a building behind you, try leaning against the wall, hold your breath and click.

c. If If there doesn't seem to be any of these things around (quite unlikely unless you are standing in the middle of the road or in the middle of the desert), then try sitting or half kneel, keep the camera close to your body and again hold your breath and click. If you have already gone through NS, you will know these techniques already.

d. Finally, if you really need to stand then, adopt a comfortable shoulder wide stance with one leg forward, strap the camera as tightly against your eye with the camera strap hold your breath and...well you know.

The list starts from the most steady to the least, so you will have to increase your shutter speed a little as you progress down. Even d. should give you a more steady picture then simple hand holding since your neck is definitely steadier than your arms.

Hope these tips help. But the best advice is to go get a tripod. No need for those expensive ones (unless you are thinking of progressing to a DSLR) just a simple one will work wonders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12