Thread: Replacement remote control for Onkyo DS575X

Default Replacement remote control for Onkyo DS575X

The remote for my AV receiver, an Onkyo TX-DS575X, died.

Called the local distributor, Hwee Seng (Electronics). They said that they don't have the model and will ask Japan (!!!)

Does anyone know how else or where to get a replacement, or is there a universal remote that can do the trick?

TIA!

Default Re: Replacement remote control for Onkyo DS575X

Hwee Seng just replied. Remote from Japan will cost S$185 before GST. It would take three weeks. Some more got to own self collect!!!

get those programmable/learn-capable remote control. cost a bit more but you can control your TV/aircon/DVD/SCV/Onkyo/Hifi/LCD/projector with just one unit.

Only one that comes to mind is the Sony RM-VL1000T that costs $171...almost the same as the Onkyo replacement. Any model you would recommend?

plenty of remotes to choose from http://www.remotecentral.com/remotes.htm

the sony one is a touch-screen monochrome LCD type http://www.remotecentral.com/av3000/index.html very cool-looking in the dark with EL backlight

Thanks user12343!

Nice site

Pity many not sold here

An update on my remote replacement quest.

Was at Mustapha yesterday - amazing place - and spotted a replacement remote. One of those preprogrammed thingies. Had Onkyo as one of the manufacturers. Bought it for less than $12. Happier than Larry.

Thumb and first finger now sore for trying to get a code that will work. It works OK for other equipment but...sign...not the Onkyo.

Now dunno whether a branded one will work. Also won't know until I have tried it out.

BTW Mustapha also sells replacement remotes for aircons. Yup, the I need one too. THAT worked like a charm. Some more smaller than the original Sanyo one

Try Sim Lim Tower. I've seen shops with LOTS of remote controls for sale.

An update on my tale of woe. So faithfully I to SLT went. Remotes galore but Onkyo nay. Then chanced I on a woman fierce. Onkyo she snarled? Repair, repair, she said. Tis the only way. Of days, two or three only. Cost a pittance, said she. Entrusted to her my remote. And waited. And waited. And waited. A week later, with my patience spent, I called on her. Too expensive, she said, you may not want. Too many within the remote amiss. Exasperated was I so proceed with despatch I said. One day or so passed and again to SLT I ventured. And left $45 poorer. Pointed at a device when pressing buttons on my remote. And lo, the device lit up and so all was went, she claimed. Crystal, IC and more were sore so not expensive, she exclaimed. But back home when at my AV receiver I pointed. Worketh not the remote!

Stayed tuned...

Quote Originally Posted by cyaw
    An update on my tale of woe. So faithfully I to SLT went. Remotes galore but Onkyo nay. Then chanced I on a woman fierce. Onkyo she snarled? Repair, repair, she said. Tis the only way. Of days, two or three only. Cost a pittance, said she. Entrusted to her my remote. And waited. And waited. And waited. A week later, with my patience spent, I called on her. Too expensive, she said, you may not want. Too many within the remote amiss. Exasperated was I so proceed with despatch I said. One day or so passed and again to SLT I ventured. And left $45 poorer. Pointed at a device when pressing buttons on my remote. And lo, the device lit up and so all was went, she claimed. Crystal, IC and more were sore so not expensive, she exclaimed. But back home when at my AV receiver I pointed. Worketh not the remote!

Stayed tuned...
    Checked out Ebay for you, and the price range was frm US$79-$112. All do not ship overseas. Any chance you have a friend in the USA who can help you out?

Cool, Reflection! Never thot of that route. Guess can vpost

Chances are I'll give the SLT folks one more shot to redeem themselves. A bit tied up now to go down.

Confess to being extremely tempted to change the whole AV receiver. But the thot of having to deal with the unholy mess of wires, adhesive tape and chewing gum behind the console gives me the shudders!

An update on my remote replacement quest.

Was at Mustapha yesterday - amazing place - and spotted a replacement remote. One of those preprogrammed thingies. Had Onkyo as one of the manufacturers. Bought it for less than $12. Happier than Larry.

Thumb and first finger now sore for trying to get a code that will work. It works OK for other equipment but...sign...not the Onkyo.

Now dunno whether a branded one will work. Also won't know until I have tried it out.

BTW Mustapha also sells replacement remotes for aircons. Yup, the I need one too. THAT worked like a charm. Some more smaller than the original Sanyo one
    Yes after see this I go get my sanyo remote control but takes some time for them to search.

Was there with my office ah neh which does the translation for me.

Cool, Reflection! Never thot of that route. Guess can vpost

Chances are I'll give the SLT folks one more shot to redeem themselves. A bit tied up now to go down.

Confess to being extremely tempted to change the whole AV receiver. But the thot of having to deal with the unholy mess of wires, adhesive tape and chewing gum behind the console gives me the shudders!
    Go to Peoples Park Center, 3rd storey. Look for a shop called Koba Electronics. They might have what you need.

OTOH, have you ever considered that the infared receiver on the main unit might have failed instead of the remote control?