Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to take tack sharp pictures?

Default Re: How to take tack sharp pictures?

Teh tarik please! or milo peng =p
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Actually I've got a silly qn....How do you define "tack sharp"?

I don't know if my pictures are considered sharp or not actually. When I use my L lens or prime lens on tripod, low iso and high shutter speed in broad daylight, pictures should be very sharp right? But when I blow up to 100%, some parts can still be a bit blurred. But of cos A4 or even A3 size it looks sharp.

So how do I know I took sharp photos?

I'm also new at this and face the same problem. With manual focus, maybe you can try to "magnify" the image on the viewfinder. My 2 yr old DSLR has the feature. With Autofocus I just "trust" the DSLR and shoot... but yes - I do find that occasionally it just doesn't focus exactly as I want.

Hers's a follow on question.... If I have put on "autofocus" and I get that box which shows where the focus is, how can I change the point of focus to something else without using manual focus? Can I "force" the DSLR to focus on one specific object in the viewfinder?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by bigu2fan
    Actually I've got a silly qn....How do you define "tack sharp"?

I don't know if my pictures are considered sharp or not actually. When I use my L lens or prime lens on tripod, low iso and high shutter speed in broad daylight, pictures should be very sharp right? But when I blow up to 100%, some parts can still be a bit blurred. But of cos A4 or even A3 size it looks sharp.

So how do I know I took sharp photos?

when taking portrait, sometime i want the effect of narrow depth of field, got no choice but to zoom in & use small f-stop, by doing so, subject will not turn out to be sharp, any advice ?

Are you still within the minimun fosucing distance of your camera/lens? Also is it focused on the subject and not the b/g?

u mean I can use eg 75mm, shoot close to subject & use high f-stop, will still set narrow depth-of-field effect ???

For PnS digicams with a small sensor the easist way to get decent bokeh is to shoot in macro mode

High fstop number (f/11) = smaller aperature = wider DOF
    Smaller fstop numer (f/2.8) = bigger aperature = narrower DOF

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123