Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to take tack sharp pictures?

Default Re: How to take tack sharp pictures?

Photographer's general rule of thumb to avoid camera shake which can cause unsharp pictures:

If your zoom lens is set at 100mm, make sure your shutter speed is 1/125 or faster. If 200mm, then set to 1/250 or faster etc. If anything slower than than that then I hope your lens has image stablisation or your camera is on a tripod. To achieve fast enough shutter speed you may have to open up your aperture or increase your ISO. Also you may want to cut down on the caffeine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
    Photographer's general rule of thumb to avoid camera shake which can cause unsharp pictures:

If your zoom lens is set at 100mm, make sure your shutter speed is 1/125 or faster. If 200mm, then set to 1/250 or faster etc. If anything slower than than that then I hope your lens has image stablisation or your camera is on a tripod. To achieve fast enough shutter speed you may have to open up your aperture or increase your ISO. Also you may want to cut down on the caffeine.
    actually should set your arms and heartbeat at different frequency to maximise the anti shake...

anyway, if OOF, also no use already... or the in camera default is soft, no matter how u shoot, still soft...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Err what will coffee cause? I blur guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    Err what will coffee cause? I blur guy.
    IMHO, Caffeine from coffee caused heart to beat faster, thus will make you difficult to hold a breath, causing a body shaking. Must relax or calm when you take a photos.

Regards,
    Arto.
    Last edited by Artosoft; 13th June 2006 at 10:47 AM.

And for the coffee addicts, they can't function without coffee either... hehe
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Hi, if that the case, if my lens is 40-150 and i using zoom function, my shuter should be 1/125 or more? and if i never zoom, i should set to 1/60? thanks, i still very new to these.

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    IMHO, Caffeine from coffee caused heart to beat faster, thus will make your difficult to hold a breath, causing a body shaking. Must relax or calm when you take a photos.

Regards,
    Arto.

Then I must quit coffee liao. No wonder my photos are not that sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    Then I must quit coffee liao. No wonder my photos are not that sharp.
    I quit coffee several months ago, but my photos still not sharp enough .

I think I need to drink 'kaki tiga' (Indonesian colling down drinking water, English translation is 'tripod') .

Regards,
    Arto.

IMHO, Caffeine from coffee caused heart to beat faster, thus will make your difficult to hold a breath, causing a body shaking.

Now that explains why my images are out of focus! I take two cups of coffee every morning!
    Last edited by student; 13th June 2006 at 10:45 AM.

I think I need to drink 'kaki tiga' (Indonesian colling down drinking water, English translation is 'tripod') .

Regards,
    Arto.
    Great Idea. With a in-built "tri-pod" we should be able to get more stabilised shot.

Anyone doing a MO to deliver daily supply of "kaki tiga" for all who suffer from hand shakes?

Your body might be still be shaking from the withrawal... that's why photos not sharp..

Regards,
    Arto.
    Can coffee be QUITTED?
    Is it more difficult than quitting smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    Can coffee be QUITTED?
    Is it more difficult than quitting smoking?
    I done it. Few months already. Cappuccino, Kopi, Kopi O. Now changes to Milo .

Regards,
    Arto.

I done it. Few months already. Cappuccino, Kopi, Kopi O. Now changes to Milo .

Regards,
    Arto.

Any side effect for Milo?

I had not had my coffee since I posted quiting Coffee this morning. dunno how long can hold on. esp tomorrow morning Brazil match at 3am.

Quote Originally Posted by student

Now that explains why my images are out of focus! I take two cups of coffee every morning!
    Doc .. I am no far from you .. I took 1 cup kopi-O and 1 cup kopi in the morning .. afternoon another cup of kopi and maybe another cup of kopi in the evening ... like that I jia liat liao ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

IMHO, Caffeine from coffee caused heart to beat faster, thus will make you difficult to hold a breath, causing a body shaking. Must relax or calm when you take a photos.

Regards,
    Arto.
    Jia Liat .. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=202283

then I cannot shot beautiful women liao as my heartbeat will beast veri fast ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Actually tea has higher caffeine than coffee....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Now this thread become like Kopitiam .

Coffee, tea or Milo?

Regards,
    Arto.

Now this thread become like Kopitiam .

Coffee, tea or Milo?

Regards,
    Arto.
    Coca-Cola
    eat. drink. shoot

sorry, i do not have access to internet all day yesterday...
    okay, my shutter speed is always 1/60 or faster. for aperture, i try to keep it at f5.6 or 8 for the kit lens (is that correct?) maybe the problem is with the lens...how to check backfocus of a lens?
    or maybe i should try with the in-camera sharpening...does it cost u a lot of noise when doing this?

i used the center spot af point (to make it easier for me to meter the light) so, i focused then recompose while still pressing the shutter button halfway.
    the thing is, when i view the picture at 100% zoom, the sharpness is gone. while at 50% is still acceptable though. isn't 100% zoom important if i want to print the pic for a maximum resolution?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast