Thread: Pin Hole cam

Default Pin Hole cam

Thinking of making one,I've already got a Pringles container spray painted and the pin hole made...
    1)How to load the film?
    2) The film can be developed in those photo developing shops right?

Show me ur creations,so I can try to make one,I think this is a very interesting thing,and gives me something to do,since my cam is at svc...

Default Re: Pin Hole cam

Quote Originally Posted by Swatch
    Thinking of making one,I've already got a Pringles container spray painted and the pin hole made...
    1)How to load the film?
    2) The film can be developed in those photo developing shops right?

Show me ur creations,so I can try to make one,I think this is a very interesting thing,and gives me something to do,since my cam is at svc...

the only film size available to use for that would be a 35mm/6x4.5 (i think) and it would have to be b&w negative to be developed yourself as no lab will take in unspooled roll film.

my diy is a 6x7 roll film pinhole, modelled after the holga. i don't have pictures of it at the moment unfortunately. but there's examples on the web, takes a while to build if you're up to the challenge.

if you're still set on using the pringles container you can consider making a pano-pinhole by poking the hole at the side instead of the top/bottom. then load strips of film down the tube, sounds like plenty of experimentation. interesting idea.
    Last edited by foxtwo; 10th June 2006 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    the only film size available to use for that would be a 35mm/6x4.5 (i think) and it would have to be b&w negative to be developed yourself as no lab will take in unspooled roll film.

my diy is a 6x7 roll film pinhole, modelled after the holga. i don't have pictures of it at the moment unfortunately. but there's examples on the web, takes a while to build if you're up to the challenge.

if you're still set on using the pringles container you can consider making a pano-pinhole by poking the hole at the side instead of the top/bottom. then load strips of film down the tube, sounds like plenty of experimentation. interesting idea.
    Thanks for ur help,but I would like to ask,how to develop the negative by myself,and what/where to get the materials to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Swatch
    Thanks for ur help,but I would like to ask,how to develop the negative by myself,and what/where to get the materials to do it?
    head down to Ruby and ask for their advice. you can get the materials there too. Or post in traditional darkroom forum for anyone willing to help/teach you dev.