Thread: LCD monitor is blinking

Default LCD monitor is blinking

Hi brothers and sisters,

My 2 year-old Dell 20" LCD monitor is blinking. There is an intermittent flash once a while but not to the extent of making work impossible.

It did that 2 months ago. I turned off the power and let it rest for half and hour. The blinking went off. But not this time leh.

Anyone encounters this sort of problem before or knows how to fix the problem?

Thanks.

Default Re: LCD monitor is blinking

Times to send for repair liao

20" LCD should have 3 yrs warranty

its getting horny?
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Hi brothers and sisters,

My 2 year-old Dell 20" LCD monitor is blinking. There is an intermittent flash once a while but not to the extent of making work impossible.

It did that 2 months ago. I turned off the power and let it rest for half and hour. The blinking went off. But not this time leh.

Anyone encounters this sort of problem before or knows how to fix the problem?

Thanks.
    i think i have exactly the same problem as yours. and it is very diffcult to show them the problem.

i called up the tech support of dell, they asked me to update my bios and video drivers, but still the same. still following up with the dell support.

Hi Barracuda,

Thanks.

This morning the LCD monitor was blinking now and again.

This afternoon I had a break from photography and shut down PC and monitor for an hour or so. After that the blinking has just gone away.

It sometimes behaves like a woman. Doesn't it?

i suspect something wrong with their power management. for mine, once the lcd heats up, it will start to blink. let's see what their tech support has to say.

tine to get a new monitor

dell support came to change my LCD. but very unfortunately, my monitor still blinks! now i suspect it is the LCD controller. OMG.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda
    dell support came to change my LCD. but very unfortunately, my monitor still blinks! now i suspect it is the LCD controller. OMG.
    Where is the LCD controller?

Mine has stopped blinking for the past few days. I think it gets tired of blinking at me seeing it has no effect on me as I am a happily married man.

Honestly I don't know what to do if I send mine for servicing as I need it everyday for PS works.

How long is your warrenty? In Dell australian site it says only in USA got 3 years warranty for LCD screens.

my warranty is 1-year, still got ard 140+ days left

in sg, it doesn't take long to service your computer (in my case, my laptop). the service work here is outsourced to another company. the service guy just came and replaced the lcd screen for me. 45mins work, done on the spot.