Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Expodisc worth buying?

Default Re: Is Expodisc worth buying?

moola on the LSPJII??

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    u'll do better to use ur moola on the LSPJII instead of this expodisc gizmo.
    that's a true waste of $$ if there ever was one.
    I also use the 'little bra cup' at the top of the LSIIPJ to do white balance sometimes

Not too bad.

But having to measure WB is a pain. If its an important shot with potential, I will shoot RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken chop
    moola on the LSPJII??
    use ur money on the flash accessory, LightSphere PhotojournalistII by GARY FONG.

cheers. u may run a search on the LSPJII
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh
    I also use the 'little bra cup' at the top of the LSIIPJ to do white balance sometimes

Not too bad.

But having to measure WB is a pain. If its an important shot with potential, I will shoot RAW.
    yesssssh!! RAW is the way to go!!! i bring lotsa CF cards!! burn them all!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I have a book printed in 1994 (before digital cameras became commercially available), which explains the use of the expo disc as a cheaper alternative to buying a handheld lightmeter to convert the camera to an incident light meter as opposed to using it as a less accurate reflected light meter. I guess with the advant of digital photography, where white balance can be manupilated directly on the camera, it has been cleverly repackaged.
    But at $300, I think getting a second hand minolta v flash meter would be a cheaper option since it will tell you the colour temperature at a glance.

I think CP having a promotion at this moment. Bought 1 recently at $250.00 from CP Marina Square. It's handy device and fairly accurate, unless of course you are shooting in irregular lightings and it changes from time to time....

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    77mm is about $300.00

if it was a universal fit, i might consider... but as not all my lenses are one filter size, probably not.

Need and Want question ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by MDZ2
    I have a book printed in 1994 (before digital cameras became commercially available), which explains the use of the expo disc as a cheaper alternative to buying a handheld lightmeter to convert the camera to an incident light meter as opposed to using it as a less accurate reflected light meter. I guess with the advant of digital photography, where white balance can be manupilated directly on the camera, it has been cleverly repackaged.
    But at $300, I think getting a second hand minolta v flash meter would be a cheaper option since it will tell you the colour temperature at a glance.
    #1, exposdise is a translucent version of gray card, to be use like a filter in front of lens, it can be use to take incident mater reading, or use as white balance reference, like do a custom WB setting or shoot a WB reference, same as the use of gray card in photography. be it in film or digital.
    #2, can minolta flash meter give you color temperature reading? No, is minolta color meter, costy is about $1K plus, it only tell you the color temperature reading, not correcting the color for you.
    Last edited by catchlights; 15th June 2006 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    if it was a universal fit, i might consider... but as not all my lenses are one filter size, probably not.
    get the bigger size of you filter mount, so you can use on all lenses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12