Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

Thread: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

  1. #41
    Senior Member knpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    somebody died in x japan. d70s, d100 rocks! and d200 rocks too!

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    2,340

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    $1650 from MS Colour on 19th June with the standard 1GB + 2GB + Dry etc... (as advertised on newspaper)

    Standard 1 year warranty.

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Eastside Singapore
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    Quote Originally Posted by davsmiths
    $1650 from MS Colour on 19th June with the standard 1GB + 2GB + Dry etc... (as advertised on newspaper)

    Standard 1 year warranty.
    Nice!

    quoted price is for cash terms only huh?

  4. #44

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    Quote Originally Posted by davsmiths
    $1650 from MS Colour on 19th June with the standard 1GB + 2GB + Dry etc... (as advertised on newspaper)

    Standard 1 year warranty.

    Did MS advertise on Newspaper ?

  5. #45

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    Quote Originally Posted by davsmiths
    $1650 from MS Colour on 19th June with the standard 1GB + 2GB + Dry etc... (as advertised on newspaper)

    Standard 1 year warranty.
    wa price drop

  6. #46

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    someone advice must read the term and condition for HN 2 years ext wty.

  7. #47

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    So does anyone bought the D70s sets from Harvey Norman? How do we get 2 year extended warranty? Is it true for 5% discount for credit card payment? Thanks.

    By the way MSColor quote me the following package for $1650 (inclusive of GST)

    D70s + 18-70mm Kit lens
    2GB Lexar 80x CF
    Lowepro Bag
    Dry Box
    123 Imaging Ebook
    67mm filter
    1 year warranty

    So do you think is this a better deal or not. Headache, can't decide my own..

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    2,340

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    5% off HV is for HV Credit Card Holders, i think or HV members.

    Oh, MS did not advertise on papers, i meant MS promo is the same as Nikon's promo on newspaper but at $1650 instead of $1788.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    Quote Originally Posted by DeWei
    So does anyone bought the D70s sets from Harvey Norman? How do we get 2 year extended warranty? Is it true for 5% discount for credit card payment? Thanks.

    By the way MSColor quote me the following package for $1650 (inclusive of GST)

    D70s + 18-70mm Kit lens
    2GB Lexar 80x CF
    Lowepro Bag
    Dry Box
    123 Imaging Ebook
    67mm filter
    1 year warranty

    So do you think is this a better deal or not. Headache, can't decide my own..
    Yep i think its a pretty good buy if you actually need the things
    DryBox assumming its an electronic kind and 30L will cost you about 100
    Lexar Cf probably around 150 at least
    The Kit lens brand new cost bout 400
    Essentially your brand new D70S with 1 yr warr cost 1k
    not too bad considering ppl asking 950-1k for 2nd hand one in BnS...

  10. #50

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    Quote Originally Posted by DeWei
    So does anyone bought the D70s sets from Harvey Norman? How do we get 2 year extended warranty? Is it true for 5% discount for credit card payment? Thanks.

    By the way MSColor quote me the following package for $1650 (inclusive of GST)

    D70s + 18-70mm Kit lens
    2GB Lexar 80x CF
    Lowepro Bag
    Dry Box
    123 Imaging Ebook
    67mm filter
    1 year warranty

    So do you think is this a better deal or not. Headache, can't decide my own..
    Harvey Norman - All at $1,788

    1. Nikon D70s kit
    2. Case
    3. Dry Box
    4. 1GB CF Card + 2 GB CF Card (Total 3GB CF card)
    5. 2 yrs extended warranty by Harvey Norman (Total 3 years warranty)
    6. 5% off city bank credit card for HV or HV members.

    Any problem after first year warranty goes back to HN they will send in repair to Nikon Service Centre on your behalf.
    I believed HN is signing back-to-back warranty from Nikon SG.

    Can call HN to check for more detail.

    MSColor - All at $1650 (inclusive of GST)

    1. D70s + 18-70mm Kit lens
    2. 2GB Lexar 80x CF
    3. Lowepro Bag
    4. Dry Box
    5. 123 Imaging Ebook
    6. 67mm filter
    7. 1 year warranty

    You can compare and decide yourself.

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    332

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    Quote Originally Posted by DeWei
    So does anyone bought the D70s sets from Harvey Norman? How do we get 2 year extended warranty? Is it true for 5% discount for credit card payment? Thanks.

    By the way MSColor quote me the following package for $1650 (inclusive of GST)

    D70s + 18-70mm Kit lens
    2GB Lexar 80x CF
    Lowepro Bag
    Dry Box
    123 Imaging Ebook
    67mm filter
    1 year warranty

    So do you think is this a better deal or not. Headache, can't decide my own..
    I suppose u didn't see my previous post on page 2...so I'm goin to repeat

    OK so here what I got from them. I paid $1788

    Nikon D70s Kit
    Nikon Jounalist Bag
    Dry Box
    Tripod
    4GB CF Card
    2 yrs extended warranty by Harvey Norman.

    Basically I paid $138 more in exchange for a 4Gig instead of ur 2Gig (But mine is normal speed)
    1 tripod which isn't included in Nikon's package
    Nikon Jounalist Bag which yours is Lowepro Bag
    3years Warranty as compared to your 1 year
    U got extra 123 Imaging Ebook and 67mm filter which I don't have.

    So its up for you to decide. I find Harvey Norman package more worth it as compared to the double size of CF 4gig and 2gig difference and of course the 2years extra warranty. Dry Box and tripod is a bonus to start if you dont decided to invest in a good one yet.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    Quote Originally Posted by glay78
    I suppose u didn't see my previous post on page 2...so I'm goin to repeat

    OK so here what I got from them. I paid $1788

    Nikon D70s Kit
    Nikon Jounalist Bag
    Dry Box
    Tripod
    4GB CF Card
    2 yrs extended warranty by Harvey Norman.

    Basically I paid $138 more in exchange for a 4Gig instead of ur 2Gig (But mine is normal speed)
    1 tripod which isn't included in Nikon's package
    Nikon Jounalist Bag which yours is Lowepro Bag
    3years Warranty as compared to your 1 year
    U got extra 123 Imaging Ebook and 67mm filter which I don't have.

    So its up for you to decide. I find Harvey Norman package more worth it as compared to the double size of CF 4gig and 2gig difference and of course the 2years extra warranty. Dry Box and tripod is a bonus to start if you dont decided to invest in a good one yet.
    Glay78:

    Ya, I think Harvey Norman has better deal, almost kena BBB virus after you posted this reply. Anyway, do you have any idea on D50 promotion in HN?

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    332

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    Quote Originally Posted by DeWei
    Glay78:

    Ya, I think Harvey Norman has better deal, almost kena BBB virus after you posted this reply. Anyway, do you have any idea on D50 promotion in HN?

    No idea but can call up to check b4 u decide to commit

  14. #54

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    Quote Originally Posted by glay78
    No idea but can call up to check b4 u decide to commit
    Hi glay78,

    Just wish to ask you a question, it is the Harvey Norman warranty includes Shutter Failure? If it is included then it is really worth to buy from Harvey Norman cos most probably we need to change the shutter within 3 years right?

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    332

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    Quote Originally Posted by DeWei
    Hi glay78,

    Just wish to ask you a question, it is the Harvey Norman warranty includes Shutter Failure? If it is included then it is really worth to buy from Harvey Norman cos most probably we need to change the shutter within 3 years right?
    I'm not sure...its not written in the warranty card...I only know anything happen after 1years of Nikon jus bring down to HN and they will send for repair and we wont need to pay if its camera fault. So does shutter failure consider wear and tear or camera fault? Anyone can help?

  16. #56

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    Quote Originally Posted by glay78
    I'm not sure...its not written in the warranty card...I only know anything happen after 1years of Nikon jus bring down to HN and they will send for repair and we wont need to pay if its camera fault. So does shutter failure consider wear and tear or camera fault? Anyone can help?
    Depends on what shutter count.If it breaks down after having very high shutter count, I think it is consider as wear and tear.

  17. #57
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    Quote Originally Posted by glay78
    I'm not sure...its not written in the warranty card...I only know anything happen after 1years of Nikon jus bring down to HN and they will send for repair and we wont need to pay if its camera fault. So does shutter failure consider wear and tear or camera fault? Anyone can help?
    Not sure whether nikon state the life of the shutter for the MTBF for D70s...

    I think it should be good for around 100k if not lesser...

  18. #58

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    Quote Originally Posted by glay78
    I'm not sure...its not written in the warranty card...I only know anything happen after 1years of Nikon jus bring down to HN and they will send for repair and we wont need to pay if its camera fault. So does shutter failure consider wear and tear or camera fault? Anyone can help?
    Can call HN to check weather they cover all the hardware parts for normal warranty and extented warranty. Or better still go down to ask so that can buy on the spot if everythings is ok.

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    I think HN provides extension on FULL COVERAGE of your existing vendor's gurrantee.
    Imagine if Nikon will replace shutter within his gurantee, then HN just extends that gurantee and pays nikon should anything happens.

    FYI, HN is the only place with 100% coverage without depreciation. If your thing is beyond economical sense to repair, they will replace a new set for you at your buying price. (Image a camera selling at $1788 3 years later)

    Most HN claims are not much question asked.

    That's why they swee. (I don't work in HN, dun worry)
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  20. #60
    Senior Member ricleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    6,551

    Default Re: Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

    The HN deal seems pretty good!

    but have to think about whether HN will still be around in singapore 3 years later? Seems that their presence in SG is shrinking? The branch at Suntec city just closed down not too long ago?
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •