Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81

Thread: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by knpan
    wt...lol on the same page, i right hand clicked and still that pop up window came out, disallowing stealing. what did u click after that? copy image? i think its due to you safari browser window that enables that indirectly. Mad Skillz! lol
    eh. can download the pic file leh. no pop up at all

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by Illidan
    hi guys. i a newbie here. i just upload some photos up to yahoo photos. i would like to know how to prevent my photos from being leech from my online photo album?? PS it?? how to know if its been leech??? any good ways to prevent photos from being leech? thanks alot
    no way to prevent leeching once they are uploaded, and no way of knowing they are leeched ... unless the leechers tell you, which happened to me more than once liao

  3. #63

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by knpan
    wt...lol on the same page, i right hand clicked and still that pop up window came out, disallowing stealing. what did u click after that? copy image? i think its due to you safari browser window that enables that indirectly. Mad Skillz! lol
    see if you can view this video i captured.

    http://images.madmacs.multiply.com/m...eu8Fg3PB7e8w==

  4. #64

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    I read this line

    "Your photos are copy righted by default but to get damages it must be registered."

    Line extracted from "Learn to Copyright your Photograph "

    http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Arts/artlaw.html

    Not sure does it apply in Singapore too ?

    The statement is very misleading. From what I know, because copyright exists once a work is created, you can always get damages if someone "steals" your work, provided you can prove some form of loss (money or otherwise).

    In some countries (such as the US), registering your work or placing a copyright notice on your work may result in an automatic fine/statutory damages being awarded against the infringer. In such a situation, you need not prove loss to get those fixed damages. But you will still have to prove actual loss should you demand for damages higher that the amount fixed by the law.

    Within Singapore, however, I do not know of any form of registration for copyright.

    This post does not answer the question about how to prevent leeching, but this is where you stand should your works be leeched!

  5. #65
    Senior Member knpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    see if you can view this video i captured.

    http://images.madmacs.multiply.com/m...eu8Fg3PB7e8w==

    i must sign in. i dont have my space. so i cant see whats that

  6. #66
    Senior Member knpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by Errz
    eh. can download the pic file leh. no pop up at all

    u can do that when the picture is loading halfway only, right? when u enlarge the pic. thats it

  7. #67

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by knpan
    i must sign in. i dont have my space. so i cant see whats that
    try this one: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...332F151D35D5B6

  8. #68
    Senior Member knpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs

    HAHAHA! same way i did and still i couldnt achieve that. maybe its your version of computer that allows that to happen. i am using the normal windows home edition, i think that doesnt allow it. anyway what programme did u use to record what u r doing on the computer? i have been trying to find that long ago.

  9. #69

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by knpan
    HAHAHA! same way i did and still i couldnt achieve that. maybe its your version of computer that allows that to happen. i am using the normal windows home edition, i think that doesnt allow it. anyway what programme did u use to record what u r doing on the computer? i have been trying to find that long ago.
    you used IE? i tried with both firefox on both mac and xp, so i dun think its anything special

    i used a mac program snapz pro to record what i did. i think for pc you can try camtasia (either snagit or studio).

  10. #70
    Senior Member knpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    you used IE? i tried with both firefox on both mac and xp, so i dun think its anything special

    i used a mac program snapz pro to record what i did. i think for pc you can try camtasia (either snagit or studio).

    ok forget bout the photoalbum, maybe it depends on different computers or versions. can u give me the link or webby to download that recording software?

  11. #71

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by knpan
    ok forget bout the photoalbum, maybe it depends on different computers or versions. can u give me the link or webby to download that recording software?
    snagit (for windows)
    http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.asp

    snapz pro (for mac)
    http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

  12. #72

    Talking Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    lol.....only 1 way....watermark it lah.


    Quote Originally Posted by Illidan
    hi guys. i a newbie here. i just upload some photos up to yahoo photos. i would like to know how to prevent my photos from being leech from my online photo album?? PS it?? how to know if its been leech??? any good ways to prevent photos from being leech? thanks alot

  13. #73

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by Illidan
    hi guys. i a newbie here. i just upload some photos up to yahoo photos. i would like to know how to prevent my photos from being leech from my online photo album?? PS it?? how to know if its been leech??? any good ways to prevent photos from being leech? thanks alot
    If someone can view it, then it can be leeched.
    To prevent this, dont put it up for viewing

  14. #74

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by knpan
    wt...lol on the same page, i right hand clicked and still that pop up window came out, disallowing stealing. what did u click after that? copy image? i think its due to you safari browser window that enables that indirectly. Mad Skillz! lol
    can meh???? that web site like dun allow download pix leh

  15. #75

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975
    can meh???? that web site like dun allow download pix leh
    you referring to myphotoalbum.com ah? hehe...i already provided proof using firefox to knpan

  16. #76

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    I've been using Flickr, and there's a way to prevent high-res images from being stolen -- I just set it so that only low-res ones are shown. Simple.

    It also means that no one can see my high-res images, but what the hell. If I have a commercial request I can send them the high-res myself.

  17. #77

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    these is absolutely no way for u to stop ppl from leeching your online pics. even if you set those miserable "no right click script", all u need is to get the source code n u can download the pictures directly. or better, everything is there in the Internet Temporary Folder.

  18. #78

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    True, but Flickr resizes your images when you upload them from thumbnails up to the full size. Then it only makes the smaller images available to the public.

    So I upload full-res 5MB photos but all people can see is the smaller (500px at the longest) image that Flickr creates. Problem solved.

  19. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by hayami.wai
    these is absolutely no way for u to stop ppl from leeching your online pics. even if you set those miserable "no right click script", all u need is to get the source code n u can download the pictures directly. or better, everything is there in the Internet Temporary Folder.
    Actually you don't even have to go through all that trouble now, screen capture like snag-it can easily grab the photos and re-save as any format you want. Even if the photos are "sliced", can still capture. Got a small copyright name below, can crop before saving. If I post any photos online, I would expect them to be leeched (I would be disappointed and hurt if they aren't). As long as its not being used for profit, unagreeable websites or taken by the leecher as his/her own then I would let them enjoy however they want. Those I don't want to be leeched I just post privately for personal friends or keep it offline.

  20. #80
    Senior Member knpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    oh hey guys, HOW DO YOU WATER MARK your images? its really goooddddd.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •