Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81

Thread: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

  1. #21

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Everyone knows that there is only one way to prevent your images from being leeched online .... don't post at all.
    But there is another way to "discourage" others from leeching is to post low-res photos, usually below 30k. Pic quality may not be good but still acceptable in most situations. Also, if you realise, most of the leeched images are mostly, if not all about sexy gals ... so the best way is to post only those that are nice but not sexy .... usually i post only close up of the head shots.
    But why not look at the matter from another view ... if yr images are not good or nice, then why ppl want to leech them? So if you are not interested in financial gain, why bother at all? at least you keep seeing yr photos all over the place and you still have the original file ... that's a shiok feeling!
    always the Light, .... always.

  2. #22
    Senior Member knpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    use myphotoalbum.com like me. they have no way of stealing your photos. when they right hand click the photos, immediately the web doesnt allow any thing done to it, so its very save.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    I've posted a "how to" to change a particular handphone LEDs on my website, and all my pictures were leeched by a company selling LEDs. When I contacted them, they had to guts to challenge me to sue them!

    I didn't persue the matter, as the photos were low-res and easily available (taken by webcam), and didn't have the time nor $$ to file a civil lawsuit!

  4. #24
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by knpan
    use myphotoalbum.com like me. they have no way of stealing your photos. when they right hand click the photos, immediately the web doesnt allow any thing done to it, so its very save.

    you mean like this?

    [Ok, 10mins is up, image removed.]

    don't need screen capture also can.

    nothing is safe, if you worry. don't upload it to the net.

    show hardcopy only.
    Last edited by catchlights; 9th June 2006 at 12:42 PM.

  5. #25
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    I will remove my last post with the hot link image from knpan's album in 10 mins time.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    you mean like this?

    [IMG][/IMG]

    don't need screen capture also can.

    nothing is safe, if you worry. don't upload it to the net.

    show hardcopy only.
    lol.... A lot of people only think of using screen capture but they did not know there way other method even more powerful than screen capture.
    Last edited by DarkForce; 9th June 2006 at 12:32 PM.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  7. #27

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by knpan
    use myphotoalbum.com like me. they have no way of stealing your photos. when they right hand click the photos, immediately the web doesnt allow any thing done to it, so its very save.
    actually hor...when i right-click on your photo i get "sorry, photo downloading is not enabled..." but then hor after i click OK i get a popup menu that let me save your pic

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    lol.... A lot of people only think of using screen capture but they did not know there way other method even more powerful than screen capture.
    Why need powerful method if simple method is work ?

    Do you need to use an Atomic bomb to kill your house's rat ?

    Regards,
    Arto.
    Last edited by Artosoft; 9th June 2006 at 12:44 PM.

  9. #29
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    actually hor...when i right-click on your photo i get "sorry, photo downloading is not enabled..." but then hor after i click OK i get a popup menu that let me save your pic
    yalor, this site are so "hi tech", full res image also can let any people save in computer.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Its hard to stop it, just post really low res images with very small dimensions with a whopping great copywrite over it so its impossible to PS out. This has to be one of the safest methods, but the safest is not to post at all.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    actually hor...when i right-click on your photo i get "sorry, photo downloading is not enabled..." but then hor after i click OK i get a popup menu that let me save your pic
    and if u didnt there is a miracle thing called "Ctrl-C" it usually works on all those sites

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    Its hard to stop it, just post really low res images with very small dimensions with a whopping great copywrite over it so its impossible to PS out. This has to be one of the safest methods, but the safest is not to post at all.
    Yah. Or send to your friend(s) directly via email lor.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Why need powerful method if simple method is work ?

    Do you need to use an Atomic bomb to kill your house's rat ?

    Regards,
    Arto.
    I know what you mean. What I meant was there are many other ways to do it lah. Most of them can work not only on graphic files but on all sort of other things too
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Ok. In short.

    When you understand how computer handle internet files (be it graphic or non-graphic) , you will know where to get them. It's already waiting there for you to copy.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Yah. Or send to your friend(s) directly via email lor.
    Bro,

    How come you never email me your handsome photo leh ? Email me one tonight leh
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  16. #36

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Bro,

    How come you never email me your handsome photo leh ? Email me one tonight leh
    you collecting guys photos?

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    I know what you mean. What I meant was there are many other ways to do it lah. Most of them can work not only on graphic files but on all sort of other things too
    Hehehe...

    "Many ways lead to Rome". Use the way you are convinient with .

    Cheers!

    Regards,
    Arto.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Hehehe...

    "Many ways lead to Rome". Use the way you are convinient with .

    Cheers!

    Regards,
    Arto.
    Shortest way might not be the bests way

    Anyway each of us got our own way so no matter using what way, as long as we still can find our way can liao .

    Regards
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    you collecting guys photos?
    Ya. Whenever I find damn good photos, I always download it to my storage device for my own study. Be it Man or women.

    Don't know does it consider as leeching ?
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: How to prevent photos from being leech from online photo album?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Ya. Whenever I find damn good photos, I always download it to my storage device for my own study. Be it Man or women.

    Don't know does it consider as leeching ?

    I think its fine as long as you do not show it as your own or sell it commercially

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •