Thread: enquiries on how a portfolio should be

Default enquiries on how a portfolio should be

Hi there,

I would like to ask how should a professional portfolio look like.

I have the impression that all pictures should be in A3 size mounted on black cardboard, and your name should be printed in a card and pasted on the right corner of the black mounting board.

May I ask how many photographs should a beginner have in his portfolio and what are the kinds of photographs an employee might be looking for. Is it a range of photographs from building to people to potrait to landscape? Or might it be shots that best reflect the person you are.

Thank you all for your help.

alexx

Default Re: enquiries on how a portfolio should be

what would you like your portfolio to be? what do you set out to achieve?

there are many different ways to present a portfolio, it would be really boring if everybody did the same thing!

to throw a figure, select say 15 to 25 of your shots to show in your portfolio. you want to show more than just a few and not too many to take up the viewer's time too much.

it's ok for say a beginner to have a portfolio containing a range of different genres - his purpose maybe just to show his favourite or best shots to date.

Here's a link you may find useful:
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/co...tfolio-8.shtml

So far i have about 20+ S8R prints in a plastic folder. Will have to invest in a good S8R album soon.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet