Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Asian VS Caucasian (Or Chak Pa Lang)

Default Re: Asian VS Caucasian (Or Chak Pa Lang)

Unlike DP, I do not look for models who are seasoned, professional and can deliver looks.

I do not care if the model can pose or not.

Primarily, what I look for are models who are not into how they look, but into who they are. I am not really interested in models who are so full of "themselves".

I want to make images of women who are first of all, women.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravemaid
    I personally can't stand girls who wanna be a model but is shy or unadventurous in front of the camera. They can get on my nerves because it's very hard to train them.
    Send them to us. We can train them for you.

Many that have been trained by SCers can now climb trees and pluck fruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Send them to us. We can train them for you.

Many that have been trained by SCers can now climb trees and pluck fruits.

Wow... multi-tasking models??! They don't happen to be hairy all over and have a long tail right?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    I prefer models who are seasoned, who are professional in their approach to a shoot, and who can deliver the look that I want to shoot.

Personally, I prefer blondes, but nomatter how beautiful said blonde is, if she cannot pose, if she is camera shy, and if she is not into modelling, my camera will stay in the bag!
    and most impt, remember, DP hates M E S S Y H A I R!
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    and most impt, remember, DP hates M E S S Y H A I R!

I love messy hair!

Wild! Erotic! Abandonment!

(Oops! Maybe I have a fetish for hairs!)

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by student
    I love messy hair!

Wild! Erotic! Abandonment!

(Oops! Maybe I have a fetish for hairs!)
    As long as it's not facial, body, armpit and leg hairs....

ya I know DP HATES messy hair BIGTIME!!

Unlike student, I believe the models must deliver. If I want certain looks, the model must be able to deliver that look I want, period. If they are seasoned and have a professional approach to modelling, they will most likely be able to deliver what I want.

Are we looking for girl friends when shooting models? Why do we care who they are, it's none of our business. If the model delivers, she is a good model. Now, I will care who she is if I am looking for a girl friend.

Now, where on earth does "models who are so full of 'themselves'" gets into the discussion? No one likes models who are so full of themselves. I have met many who behaves that way, both locals and from overseas, and I will not shoot them, case close.

Last but not least the photographer must also deliver. Hence, this becomes a collabarative process.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Unlike student, I believe the models must deliver. If I want certain looks, the model must be able to deliver that look I want, period. If they are seasoned and have a professional approach to modelling, they will most likely be able to deliver what I want.

Are we looking for girl friends when shooting models? Why do we care who they are, it's none of our business. If the model delivers, she is a good model. Now, I will care who she is if I am looking for a girl friend.

Now, where on earth does "models who are so full of 'themselves'" gets into the discussion? No one likes models who are so full of themselves. I have met many who behaves that way, both locals and from overseas, and I will not shoot them, case close.

Last but not least the photographer must also deliver. Hence, this becomes a collabarative process.
    We had discussed this before.

Basically I have no interest in the sort of photographs you make. I may make them just for fun. But I will not keep them. These are images I trash after a while. You aim to make pretty photographs that models must aprrove of. I do not care a damn whether models like the photographs I make of them.

There is one big problem with many models. And that is they want to look pretty. Models are usually "exhibitionists" - otherwise they will not be models! They like to be photographed and like to see pretty pictures of themselves. "Full of themselves".

But I will still like to photograph models. For one simple reason. They are usually not shy in front of the camera. But with seasoned models, I do have a big job to do before I start photographing them. I have to get them not to pose. I have to get them to get of the "model" mentality. Of poses.

Yes, they must deliver. But not in the way they deliver in 99.99% of images posted here. And if they are seasoned and professional, they will not deliver what I want. They will deliver for you. But not for me, because what you want and photograph, and what I want and photograph, is very, very, different.

We had discussed this before.

Basically I have no interest in the sort of photographs you make. I may make them just for fun. But I will not keep them. These are images I trash after a while. You aim to make pretty photographs that models must aprrove of. I do not care a damn whether models like the photographs I make of them.
    Yes, they must deliver. But not in the way they deliver in 99.99% of images posted here. And if they are seasoned and professional, they will not deliver what I want. They will deliver for you. But not for me, because what you want and photograph, and what I want and photograph, is very, very, different.
    Yes we had. We will always disagree.

Likewise, I approach photography strictly from my point of view. I shoot things and in ways I like and enjoy. I do not see myself ever shooting the pictures you like to shoot, they simply do not interest me one bit, they do nothing for me. And that is the beauty of it, diversity.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Oh no.. Are we going to have another war here
    Last edited by jeryltan; 8th June 2006 at 02:14 PM.

An OT on "Messy hairs"

Here are some images scanned from a book titled "10 Women by Peter Lindbergh"

Well, I do love messy hairs!

Claudia Schiffer

Cindy Crawford

Tatjana Patit

Amber Valletta

I seriously hope not...

I seriously hope not...

Don't worry!

No war.

Just voicing out differences in opinions on what one like and dislike.

Just doing some simple survey, to see if I can cater to the crowd.

With suggested approach from Canonised: What kindda "fruits" do you do you prefer for your shoots?
    Boh-Huu-Hair-Yar-Ho type of models.

Boh Huu Hair Yar Ho.

Quote Originally Posted by jeryltan
    Oh no.. Are you going to have another war here
    Nothing to worry about. I don't start wars.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Sorry.. Meant to say "we".. Not directed at you personally.. Edited original msg

Nothing to worry about. I don't start wars.

You have Susannah Adams's pic. already? You didnt' give me your email address? You could consider signing her up

I seriously hope not...

Quote Originally Posted by jeryltan
    Sorry.. Meant to say "we".. Not directed at you personally.. Edited original msg
    no need, you did nothing to call for a "sorry".
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

An OT on "Messy hairs"

Here are some images scanned from a book titled "10 Women by Peter Lindbergh"

Well, I do love messy hairs!

Claudia Schiffer
    Cindy Crawford
    Tatjana Patit
    Amber Valletta
    We all know you like messy hairs, blurred stuffs and on occasion, those out of focus pictures. But I really do not get your point here. Are you suggesting that since Peter Lindberg shot some of the most beautiful and famous women with messy hair, then messy hair is fine, should be accepted, embraced, loved but not ridiculed?

Looking back again at the pictures, both Cindy's and Claudia's hair, I see the handy works of stylists, working hard to make the hair messy. These two pictures, the hairs are messed up, but random they are not.

From Lindbert to Litchfield, it does not matter, messy hair is messy hair and I still HATE MESSY HAIR. Well, I won't refused Cindy Crawford, messy hair or not, but if I have my choice ...
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast