Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Kurohige Kiki Ippatsu - HG Version

Default Re: Kurohige Kiki Ippatsu - HG Version

paid liaos.....

Confirmed that I have received the payment and will proceed to purchase the toys. Might have slight delay as I will need to run around a few stores to pick up the required number. Will try to get everything out within the week.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Confirmed that I have received the payment and will proceed to purchase the toys. Might have slight delay as I will need to run around a few stores to pick up the required number. Will try to get everything out within the week.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey TMC,

Thank you so much for helping us get this on your end. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
    WG
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I am sure those who have 2 will be willing to spare u one.... like wolfgang.
    Wah.... Nicely done Nisa....

--
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Hahah. If there's a spare for me, or if anyone's willing to let me have one pls let me know =)
    QX

My thanks to TMC for going out on a limb and helping us get the toy.

I want...

Sorry for the long absence in this thread.

Here`s the update:

Managed to get my hands on 10sets at long last and also piss off Yodobashi Toy Department`s manager Guess I am infamous over there now. So I will try to send everything out by Wed. Depending on the shipping rate, I will try to send it by the fastest affordable method that is available, 10 pcs is a lot heavier than I imagined.

Sorry for the long absence in this thread.

Here`s the update:

Managed to get my hands on 10sets at long last and also piss off Yodobashi Toy Department`s manager Guess I am infamous over there now. So I will try to send everything out by Wed. Depending on the shipping rate, I will try to send it by the fastest affordable method that is available, 10 pcs is a lot heavier than I imagined.
    ty! i think we can ruse up some more fund if needed.

Really thanks to TMC.

Hopefully can reach in time for my GF bday.
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

Thanks TMC! Let us know if you need a top-up.

Quote Originally Posted by sprewell
    Really thanks to TMC.

Hopefully can reach in time for my GF bday.
    when is the bday?

Hmm... I thought Tomy had already recalled the products? Still available at some places?

Prolly will look around for it next Spring. Hopefully some smaller shops in Akiba would still carry it... FOOOOooooooo~~~~~~~
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

They recalled it? I didnt know about that. Saw stores were selling it at ridiculous prices.

Why recall?

If I'm not wrong, the iconic character HG isn't really popular with some homosexual groups in Japan and they lodged a protest to Tomy, which subsequently led to its recall.

U guys can do a google on this toy.

Sorry i did a google... but can't seemed to find the recall news.
    Can you link? Thank u

*checks news*

Apologies. Apparently Tomy hasn't recalled the toys yet. But sexual minorities group did lodge a complain:

Quote Originally Posted by Source from Mainichi dated 2005/12/22
    Source: http://transnews.exblog.jp/m2005-12-01/ (do a find in ur browser: "Hard Gay" will lead u to the article directly)
    Sexual minority group complains over Razor Ramon Hard Gay game - Mainichi 2005/12/22

The "Kurohi-gei Kiki Ippatsu" game based on television personality Razor Ramon HG has caused a stir.A sexual minority network has sent complaints to toy giant Tomy and Tokyo Broadcasting System (TBS) over a new version of Tomy's Kurohige Kiki Ippatsu game that uses a character based on television personality Razor Ramon HG, alternatively known as Hard Gay.

The Kyoto-based sexual minority teacher's network is demanding that Tomy halt sales of a version of the game titled "Kurohi-gei Kiki Ippatsu."

In the game, which is scheduled to go on sale on Dec. 30, plastic swords are inserted into holes in a barrel until the character inside jumps out.

The game was planned by TBS, the channel on which Razor Ramon frequently appears, and Tomy is marketing it.

The complaints claim that selling a toy in which a gay or similarly associated person is put in a barrel and people 'enjoy' poking swords into it discriminates against homosexuals. They also raise fears that the game instills the impression in children that discrimination against gays is fine.

Officials from the sexual minority network are seeking a response from Tomy and TBS over the issues.

Tomy officials said they would respond.

"We have taken the matter seriously, and want to respond. The concept of the game is not to stab people with swords, but rather it is to have the character jump out from the barrel. We want to explain that there has been confusion," a company official said. (Mainichi)

Also, other controversies about Razor Ramon HG personality by politicians:

Quote Originally Posted by Source: Wikipedia
    URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Gay

Sumitani himself is not gay. In fact, his supposed homosexuality was exposed as a gimmick when he was caught in the midst of a date, in "civilian" clothes with Japanese actress and swimsuit model Anna Suzuki. He has been criticised for his stereotypical depiction of gay men and for building a career on parodying a social minority with "bizarre and extreme" "erotically charged antics". Despite his popularity in the mainstream, Hard Gay is not popular among some Japanese gays and lesbians, and his best-selling book has not sold well in gay areas. (Citation?)

A spokesperson for the Hokkaido Sexual Minority Association Sapporo Meeting, a support group for gay, lesbian and transgender people, has said that "Hard Gay's acceptance by the Japanese public shows me that there is a strong tendency here to see homosexuality as something to be laughed at. That is sad".

Openly lesbian Osaka Prefectural Assemblywoman Kanako Otsuji has been quoted as saying:

[The way the media treats sexual minorities] makes me angry. This morning I saw [comedian] Razor Ramon for the first time. I never watch TV. I'd only heard about him. He's not homosexual. He just uses gayness for his act, to make people laugh. I'm afraid that people will get the idea that gay people are all like that, yelling and pumping their hips.
    Last edited by jsbn; 28th June 2006 at 09:51 AM.

KurohiGAY Kiki Ippatsu rocks! Too bad they decided to recall it. Now its value is going to sky rocket! I want one too...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast