Thread: Converting old 35mm film to digital format

Default Converting old 35mm film to digital format

Greetings,

Have a sudden urge to do the above. I am toying with 2 options: either send to fuji lab to do it, cost $5 to 10 per roll or buy a dedicated scanner to do so. Before I decide, any bros and sis have any experience and advise to share?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: converting old 35mm film to digital format

r u mainly a film shooter? if so, get a dedicated films scanner. On the other hand if u only needs to scan a few rolls and shoot mostly digital then u might as well send it to the labs.

as far as i know, scanning alone wont cost u $10.

i see, i belong to the scan a few roll kind. will send to Fuji lab then. thanks.

depends on how many u want to scan... as 4 me, i've tons of film so decided to get a film scanner instead. much more cheaper than sending 2 fuji.

Phildate
    Guests

Grace Digital Labs scan 35mm film at around $3 per roll. Excellent price and great service. Note that they are closed this week for a few days.

jus wanna add a lil point frm my experiance...was purely a flim shooter once (cos no $$ to get DSLR mah...heh)....I usually develop the film and ask the Lab to scan them as well...don't need prints...will only print those that I want from looking at the scans...like that...i find that i incur less then getting all the prints out...I freq Grace pretty freq myself...