Hi, I own a 6-yr-old Olympus Camedia C3030, 3.1 megapixel digital camera. It has served me well. Now, I'm seriously thinking of getting a DSLR.
Can any seasoned photography buff advise me the pros & cons of Nikon D50 & D70s? Matter of factly, pls help me make a rational decision between these two.
My objectives of getting a DSLR:
- To capture Candid shots of my months-old boy (e.g. spontaneous Smiles & Gestures)
- To capture close-up Portrait shots of my months-old boy
- WYSIWYG, unlike my 4:3 format C3030 where top/bottom get cropped during photo development
- Speedier photo-shooting capability, unlike my C3030 which takes 5s to write to SmartMedia, a 2048x1536 resolution shot
- Clarity & more vibrant colours
- To capture multi-frame shots of my dogs running in the field, with utmost clarity
I like D70s handling. It's heavier & feel sturdier. I also prefer D70s lens to D50. But as I'm a novice user who probably won't ever toy with manual adjustment of aperture, shutter speed, etc. & will solely rely on automatic... And given my objectives above, does it make a difference, & is it wise paying $500 extra for a D70s to D50?
Thanks very much.