Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R U guys excited about the new Sony DSLR release?

Deregistered

Default Re: R U guys excited about the new Sony DSLR release?

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    i'll bet sooner or later they will want to change everything to their own standards. I wun be surprised if they started their own version of 'jpeg'.

Reason for doing so? simple: "It's a sony"
    Reminds me of M$.

A simple XMLHttpRequest object, they also must come out with their own version(s). It's just to be 'unqiue' and setting 'standards'.

Thus pissing off a lot of people.

The question was: "R U guys excited about the new Sony DSLR release?"

My answer is: yes, I want to see what so many ppl talked about and have been waitning for so long. So now, I want to see this miracle camera.

But, I guess, I am not going to regret my decision of going for Oly, I am happy with my camera. And if I would have wanted a better one, it would have been a Nikon D200. Even after 06 06 06, the supposed release day of Alpha according to wind30.

BTW, has anybody heard something? Today is 06 06 07, so it must be out now. What a day to have as a release day, all these "6". Doesn't Sony knows "666" is the devils number?

Quote Originally Posted by tsan81
    What might not excite me is

1) price of new lenses
    carl zeiss. what you expect?

i was never interested in sony products.
    except perhaps a pair of earphones. lol

R U guys excited about the new Sony DSLR release?

YES
    Prices will come down for us consumers with the added competition

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by gfidm
    R U guys excited about the new Sony DSLR release?

YES
    Prices will come down for us consumers with the added competition

Price will not come down...

Cause Nikon and Canon will produce even better products while maintaining price...

Its like a Ferrari worrying about the price of a toyota... dun see that happening..
    Last edited by westwest1; 7th June 2006 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westwest1
    Price will not come down...

Cause Nikon and Canon will produce even better products while maintaining price...

Its like a Ferrari worrying about the price of a toyota... dun see that happening..
    but if you see the recent trends, Canon was not really worried about nikon. Looked at the recent 30D launch. Like never change like that. No innovation, no nothing. Just happy with their leader position. As nikon also never introduce something really convincing. It is the other manufacturers like oly who is desperately trying to innovate with live view etc.

Ultimately is not about which camera is better but rather are they will to slash the price and makes it better for us consumers.

At least the Sony is uping the bar by introducing a DSLR that uses a similar sensor as the D200 at D70s price. This will force not just Nikon but also canon to at least make better products if not reduce the price.

Furthermore, if you notice that 2 out of 3 Carl Z new lens for Sony is FULL-FRAME. Sony makes their own sensors so I think they can develop a full frame sensor pretty easily and compete with canon 5D. Another price war else nobody compete with canon 5D and full frame will always be so expensive.

Of coz I'm excited...
    Not coz I'm going to jump ship from Nikon to Sony.
    But any competition are welcome and good for the consumers.
    Especially, for the DSLR market.
    More competition may not mean prices will go down, but it will push
    the DSLR technology to a higher level.
    All companies want our money. They will try to beat one another
    in term of technology and hence better products come out.

Let's wait and see what Sony can do and hope it gives a good fight
    to Nikon and Canon...

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Sony first DSLR camera is Alpha. Maybe next series is Beta. In computer program, alpha and beta is not ready yet (still in testing stage) . Are you willing to be a guinea pig? You need to pay some more .

Regards,
    Arto.
    There is a reason why Sony DSLR is called "Alpha". Last time Minolta SLR/DSLR cameras are known as Alpha in some places while some places is know as Dynax Maxxum.

Quote Originally Posted by OlyFlyer
    The question was: "R U guys excited about the new Sony DSLR release?"

My answer is: yes, I want to see what so many ppl talked about and have been waitning for so long. So now, I want to see this miracle camera.

But, I guess, I am not going to regret my decision of going for Oly, I am happy with my camera. And if I would have wanted a better one, it would have been a Nikon D200. Even after 06 06 06, the supposed release day of Alpha according to wind30.

BTW, has anybody heard something? Today is 06 06 07, so it must be out now. What a day to have as a release day, all these "6". Doesn't Sony knows "666" is the devils number?
    The official specs have already been discussed in the Minolta sub-forum in clubsnap since 5th June and previews by well known photography websites around the world have been out since 6th Jun.

(p.s. I keep seeing you saying that your Oly is the best camera in the world for you but you keep contradicting yourself by saying another camera D200 is better for you. So I guess you're saying that the D200 is the better best camera for you.).

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    but if you see the recent trends, Canon was not really worried about nikon. Looked at the recent 30D launch. Like never change like that. No innovation, no nothing. Just happy with their leader position. As nikon also never introduce something really convincing. It is the other manufacturers like oly who is desperately trying to innovate with live view etc.

Ultimately is not about which camera is better but rather are they will to slash the price and makes it better for us consumers.

At least the Sony is uping the bar by introducing a DSLR that uses a similar sensor as the D200 at D70s price. This will force not just Nikon but also canon to at least make better products if not reduce the price.

Furthermore, if you notice that 2 out of 3 Carl Z new lens for Sony is FULL-FRAME. Sony makes their own sensors so I think they can develop a full frame sensor pretty easily and compete with canon 5D. Another price war else nobody compete with canon 5D and full frame will always be so expensive.
    Yes, more competition is always better for technological improvement and lowering of price over the longer run.

So any additional competition in the market place is always welcome by consumers.

Bigger image sensor is always better and the stumbling block has always been the price. As technology improves, better yields will lower price and full frame is the way forward.
    Last edited by Clockunder; 8th June 2006 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    I am eagerly waiting fot the release of Sony DSLR. Anyone waiting for it too?

How much will you pay for the camera below?
    Absolutely Not. Don't care if it gets released or not. At the very least, not this whimp of a camera Sony is introducing!

How much would I pay? $0.

I am absolutely disappointed with Sony. I was hoping Sony will give the DSLR market a shot to invigorate itself. At the moment, its too dominated by 2 companies. There is really no competitions. Sony is a mass market expert, I should not have expected anything else.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Tks god...u not joining us...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Absolutely Not. Don't care if it gets released or not. At the very least, not this whimp of a camera Sony is introducing!

How much would I pay? $0.

I am absolutely disappointed with Sony. I was hoping Sony will give the DSLR market a shot to invigorate itself. At the moment, its too dominated by 2 companies. There is really no competitions. Sony is a mass market expert, I should not have expected anything else.
    Last edited by eow; 8th June 2006 at 12:31 PM.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Eow are you buying the Sony A100?

Quote Originally Posted by smtan24
    Eow are you buying the Sony A100?
    nope will just let it pass..shall wait for the d7d replacement

Quote Originally Posted by eow
    Tks god...u not joining us...
    Thank god? For what? How can one get emotional about who owns what brand of camera or not? there must be a psychological term for such maladies.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Thank god? For what? How can one get emotional about who owns what brand of camera or not? there must be a psychological term for such maladies.
    simple....we can't accomodate/tolerate a "prima donnas"

Quote Originally Posted by eow
    simple....we can't accomodate/tolerate a "prima donnas"
    One bad apple is not representative of KM/Sony user.

eow, you really mean "you" can't accomodate/tolerate a "prima donnas".

I will take this either as your ignorance in the importance of the rights to freedom of expressions, or take this as a direct challenge and insult. Since I do not start wars, I take this that you are just ignorant. You may prove me wrong.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

One bad apple is not representative of KM/Sony user.

eow, you really mean "you" can't accomodate/tolerate a "prima donnas".

I will take this either as your ignorance in the importance of the rights to freedom of expressions, or take this as a direct challenge and insult. Since I do not start wars, I take this that you are just ignorant. You may prove me wrong.
    Dp...that my opinion of u... a PRIMA DONNAS
    it not an insult.
    Last edited by eow; 8th June 2006 at 02:57 PM.

It sounds nothing special to me. I still prefer Canon coz I have invested the L lens and infected by Canon virus.
    btw, a "SONY" brand name printed on the DSLR cam sounds weird to me.
    Canon EOS 70D + 40D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast