Thread: Colour + Texture?

Default Colour + Texture?

Hi all. Just wanna see how does one of my personal favourite picture works out for you guys. I'm all ears. I guess it's the colour and texture that catches my eye.

bukit batok

Default Re: Colour + Texture?

focus abit to the back. imo, should focus on the onion on the left "pointing at you".

also, i think the DOV is too small.

color to not strong enough.

which texture you want us to see? i see only basket have, the wall that is blurr also have.

what is it you want to us to focus more / to see.
    Last edited by denniskee; 3rd June 2006 at 09:19 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

West Legion

dof too shallow for me. would be better if the potatos is swap with something in green, maybe young tomatos. with it the contrast between the orions/basket and tomatos will really show the contrast

juz my 2c

good elements and potential for a great still life. The DOF and focus have mentioned but I think the more important thing is the composition.

Go look at some still life that artise have painted and photographers have photographed - you can find tons just browsing the Internet - and then know what is a GOOD still life.

Then come back, recompose and then shoot.

-dof isn't deep enough to show texture, most of the vegetables are blurry blobs.
    -no 'colour' to speak of, very dull unattractive pink/brown/grey.
    -choose simpler compositions in the future. choose better backgrounds in the future.
    -unattractive foreground, consider filling the 'hole' with a potatoe or something next time.
    -lighting lighting lighting.

it may have been your favourite but it's time to junk it for something better.

thx you for all the pointers! will try to put all those into actions.