Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics taken with Olympus E500

Default Re: Pics taken with Olympus E500

Quote Originally Posted by hhho
    My relative is getting married end of this year in Hongkong.
    and my whole family would be invited over to attned her wedding dinner
    My mum hope that I can go and be a cameraman that day for family and relative.
    So it good to know my Olympus camera and lens can be used for that occasion. right?
    unfortunately, I have no 14-54mm lens with me. only have kit lens 14-45mm and 50mm macro lens.
    u can check the price of 14-54mm at HongKong there...

go buy 1...Cathay photo is selling ~S$780
    MS color is selling S$760 no stock

14-54mm is a veli good lens..should have 1..hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by orislee
    go buy 1...Cathay photo is selling ~S$780
    MS color is selling S$760 no stock

14-54mm is a veli good lens..should have 1..hahahaha
    OT: btw is this a walk-in retail price? Or a e-quote?

to selamatlzh, hello! that pro is me lah!
    i was also shooting michelle and jason's wedding! there are 1 or 2 images on my website that are of them. what a small world.

Quote Originally Posted by hhho
    So it good to know my Olympus camera and lens can be used for that occasion. right?
    unfortunately, I have no 14-54mm lens with me. only have kit lens 14-45mm and 50mm macro lens.
    Of corse you can use Oly as a pro also. In fact, I am convinced the customer don't really care what camera you use, as long as you provide him/her what he/she wants, and deliver in time the expected quality. And that goes even for 14-45. It is not that the lens is crap, just the 14-54 is better, which again, your customer does not give a damn about.

I think the game is more about finding a customer than finding a camera. If you start by getting the worlds most expensive camera I think you start the wrong way. Start by learning photography, doing photography and finding an area to work in and custumers in that area. If you have a decent camera and you can't make it it is not the tools fault. Very few of the famous ones (if any) started with a very expensive camera. Photography is not about perfection, which quite a few wrongly belives. It is eigther art, or doing pictures for somebody who is ready to pay. Some times even lousy pics make big money.

Quote Originally Posted by OlyFlyer
    Of corse you can use Oly as a pro also. In fact, I am convinced the customer don't really care what camera you use, as long as you provide him/her what he/she wants, and deliver in time the expected quality. And that goes even for 14-45. It is not that the lens is crap, just the 14-54 is better, which again, your customer does not give a damn about.

I think the game is more about finding a customer than finding a camera. If you start by getting the worlds most expensive camera I think you start the wrong way. Start by learning photography, doing photography and finding an area to work in and custumers in that area. If you have a decent camera and you can't make it it is not the tools fault. Very few of the famous ones (if any) started with a very expensive camera. Photography is not about perfection, which quite a few wrongly belives. It is eigther art, or doing pictures for somebody who is ready to pay. Some times even lousy pics make big money.
    Thank you, OlyFlyer.
    I've no intension of getting 14-54mm lens.
    Trying to do it with 14-45mm and 50mm lens on that day.
    I'm confident it can be done and just do it like what Nike said
    Form now on, just pay more attention to portraits shooting and read more .......

Cheers,

I would say no big problem using the 14-45 lens, it is actually a under-rated kit lens. Yes, read and shoot more, then understand your camera well for the big day.

cheers

14-45 no problem. When using flash make sure you dont exceed f4-4.5 when you zoom. Otherwise flash is not usable.
    Visit my Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Teo
    I would say no big problem using the 14-45 lens, it is actually a under-rated kit lens. Yes, read and shoot more, then understand your camera well for the big day.

cheers
    I agree. There is a slight barrel distortion at the widest part, but unless you are taking pictures of too many parallell lines, that is not disturbing. Unfortunatly, I find the mechanical quality is not very good. Touching the front part moves the picture and some times brings it out of focus. I am not very happy with the way the lens is built but the picture is good. That 40-150mm is much better built.

Quote Originally Posted by selamatlzh
    14-45 no problem. When using flash make sure you dont exceed f4-4.5 when you zoom. Otherwise flash is not usable.
    Why? So far, I could not see any problems with that. Range is limited but the built-in flash far better than many other built-in flashes. Red eye reduction not needed, range and color is good considering the size. The only problem I have is the lens hood, which I don't use any more. Vignetting caused by lens hood is terrible at wide range.

Quote Originally Posted by OlyFlyer
    Why? So far, I could not see any problems with that. Range is limited but the built-in flash far better than many other built-in flashes. Red eye reduction not needed, range and color is good considering the size. The only problem I have is the lens hood, which I don't use any more. Vignetting caused by lens hood is terrible at wide range.

I used to shoot without my lense hood, but start to do so now. Cause it helps to protect my lense at the same time. Just realised that, when i start to use 2 camera for my wedding shots. Just take note of the lense hood postion when fixing it.

Im thinking of getting another Olympus camera. Already have 2 E300, not sure to get E1 or E500. This one will be for my wife and me to use. We use it for our wedding shots. Anyone to suggest?
    Last edited by artfakeme; 13th June 2006 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by artfakeme
    Im thinking of getting another Olympus camera. Already have 2 E300, not sure to get E1 or E500. This one will be for my wife and me to use. We use it for our wedding shots. Anyone to suggest?
    E-1!!! The E-500 is newer tech, but cameras ain't all about technology isn't it?

Besides, you can take photos in the rain with the E-1.

PS: Anybody selling theirs? I want one too!

Yah, skali out of the blue they come out a big brother for E1. This is what im waiting for actually... but got no news bout that.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by akertesz

you can visit www.greymatterphotography.com and view the images under weddings/3. those are all taken with E500.

cheers.

very nice..

KC, those bw photos effect comes from the camera setting or from ps? looks good, i never tried my cameras bw setting before. Always do it from ps.

hi artfakeme,
    the b/w effects are from PS. I have never tried the monochrome settings on the camera before. perhaps one day can try. frankly, i think i am only using 1% of the camera.

For E500, can we use the built in flash at the same time when using the FL50?

Quote Originally Posted by artfakeme
    For E500, can we use the built in flash at the same time when using the FL50?
    The built-in flash of the E-500 cannot be used with together with an external flash. Only the E-300 and E-330 can do this because the built-in flash is located to one side of the hotshoe. Even so, the FL-50 also cannot be used because it is too big and would prevent built-in flash from fully opening. So only the FL-36 and FL-20 can be used this way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12