Thread: Video using Olympus c730

Default Video using Olympus c730

How do I rotate the video clip? It was taken vertically (portrait). Is it possible to do it using the cam or do I need some 3rd party program to do it on the comp? The wierd thing is... when viewing the clip in playback mode (lock is off), the index and edit commands are disabled. I did refer to the manual... but doesn't seem to have anything helpful in there.

AFAIK>...there is no such prog...accept for the special monitor for page setters...(they might have the software)

else the best thing to do..is to convert all to frames....its MOVIE TIME !

cool man, now ur video can send in for experimental category...
    u need a recompressor like divx codecs.. virtualdub iirc... *maybe* can rotate... but now u need to know that ur fullscreen mode will be wasting screen space...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

VirtualDub can rotate the video, but it will go thru another layer of compression (generative loss).

Originally posted by darkness
    VirtualDub can rotate the video, but it will go thru another layer of compression (generative loss).
    no choice lah... JPEG rotates losslessly because it' a hack: rotate screenbits. u can't do that for video becos of the keyframes and the change vectors... the latter has nothing for u to rotate. UNLESS u convert all to keyframes at 15fps lor... then it'll be min 10x the raw screensize, maybe like 30+x ur filesize...
    so just rotate and recompress at a higher bitrate to retain ur quality lor...

or ask everyone to lie down on their sides to watch heheheh... ultimate experimental film...

sounds so complex... in other words, should always shoot your videos horizontal... LOL or just make ppl watch ur vidz with their heads tilted to one side hehe

Originally posted by irishblue
    sounds so complex... in other words, should always shoot your videos horizontal... LOL or just make ppl watch ur vidz with their heads tilted to one side hehe
    yeah that's why video cameras dun have vertical grip (in the photography sense)..