Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female Clubsnap

Default Re: Female Clubsnap

*sigh* Can't you guys show a bit of basic respect and courtesy, and NOT crush another person's thread? Whether this thread gets locked, it's up to the admin and moderators. If Lord_Angelus is really a lady, most of the replies here are really very disrespectful to her.

We do have quite a few ladies lurking around here, but most of them are rather low profile. Watch out for the next upcoming GO(Girls Only) outing. I'm already doing the recce and planning for it. The first was very successful and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by roninwolf
    *sigh* Can't you guys show a bit of basic respect and courtesy, and NOT crush another person's thread? Whether this thread gets locked, it's up to the admin and moderators. If Lord_Angelus is really a lady, most of the replies here are really very disrespectful to her.

We do have quite a few ladies lurking around here, but most of them are rather low profile. Watch out for the next upcoming GO(Girls Only) outing. I'm already doing the recce and planning for it. The first was very successful and fun.
    You know... Boys will be Boys. Nothing Can change that. ^^

Will see if can pop by for the next one

You mean if Lord_Angelus is a man, most of the replies here will be okay?

Hmmm u know what's disrespectful? Organising outings which discriminate against gender AND posting it openly as if to taunt those who are not included. The least you can do is post it in this "Females Only section" where only the target audience sees it and not others who you wish to exclude.

Now you will ask: What's my problem? Well this is my beef:

Women of today want gender equality. They want equal rights, to be treated as equals and not regarded as inferior to men. They want a say. They want integration... they don't want to be segregated and treated like they are unworthy or less capable.

I have no issue with this. I believe in gender equality. If females are capable, they deserve the respect accorded to their male peers. I agree that gender discrimination for the sake of it is as bad as racial discrimination.

What I dislike is the fact that while fighting for equality, females are simultaneously discriminating & segregating themselves. Girls only, no guys allow stuff. You want to be treated like equals and yet you want special treatment. You don't want to be discriminated against yet you discriminate.

You say "I want to carve out a niche for ourselves", yet when males carve one for themselves, you cry foul and shout "Gender bias" or "male chauvinist" as females have done for the last century.

Have you seen any guys only outings? Do male organisers say no girls allowed? I'm sure if someone did, females will post their opposition, even if in jest or otherwise. Is this a case of I can do it, but if you do it I will cry foul?

So you'll say: Females are the fairer sex. So you're now asking for affirmative action because you feel males should give in to you?

So choose: Full equality, or no equality. You cannot choose bits and pieces... I take if it suits me, reject if I don't like it. That's playing plum-pudding.

I state my aguments in principle and only because you brought up this issue of "respect".

I know... you'll say male bigot and stuff like that. But stop for a moment to consider what I've said.
    Last edited by solarii; 3rd June 2006 at 12:32 PM.

Is this thread really necessary? I do not think the amount of grief is worth it.

Seriously, threads of this nature have surfaced no less than 3 times in recent memory (if not more) and i really doubt why this thread is called for at all.

The thread is now closed. Should the thread originator or anyone else has any issues with this, please do PM me.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 3rd June 2006 at 01:18 PM.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12