Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Is it safe to drive to JB?

Default Re: Is it safe to drive to JB?

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    Hey guys ~! Stop all this bashing lah ... pls lah ..... ProImage has his own opinion and although some may not agreed to it , no need for name calling leh ..... aiyo relax leh .... If ask u all go do charity? all so on the ball meh ? Relac lah ....

Now for my 2 cents.....

1) I'm born in JB , but came over sg since young. Now Singaporean. But most of the family members in malaysia. So don't doubt my nationality.

2) It's true that crime do happen and it's not like they are targeting sg or what .... come on..... if u the robber , u choose 20 year proton sage or brand new Toyota Harrier ? Just happen so singapore drivers are the ones driving into JB. Anyway .... most of the time , robbers themselves are not malaysia also. (dun ask me to quote source, just based on own observation and hearsay, strictly personal opinon.)

3) They are singaporeans committing serious offences , drug-trafficking etc etc .... Why not all spend energy condemn them better ?? U ever hear other people condemn the way some people do here ?

4) Personlly, most of the time , again from my own observation. Some(not all, just in case flame coming at me) of the singaporean visitor to JB are actually digging their own graves. They will come in Big big thick thick gold necklance or chain, drive brand new big big BMW 7 series , The aunties will shout at each other in a mall " Cheap cheap , here beri Cheap 1/2 prices onli" even though they are standing beside each other. Come one lah ...... It's macham U STICK A BIG NOTE ON THE FORE HEAD AND IT SAYS " COME ROB ME , IF U DON"T U SURE LUGI" ....... Some can dispute my observation , but anyway next time got go City Square, JUSCO , whatever , wherever got MEGA SALE , try to spot the Singaporean lor.

5) Peace ~!! and stop all the bashing. Make love not war ~!!
    Bro it is ok. Some people lose their tempers easily. Opinion varies and I thank you for understanding. I am just trying to know more about it and why the original poster ask this question about "Whether Driving into JB is safe?"

Of course it's safe and not safe. Really depends on your luck.

Besides, the ONLY country they can drive their cars to is of course MALAYSIA. So, most if not all is likely the incidents will happen in Malaysia. Just imagine, if Singaporean can drive their car to Indonesia, Thailand or even Vietnam. I just wonder what else they are going to say about those countries.....if they actually drive to. Haha....

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Besides, the ONLY country they can drive their cars to is of course MALAYSIA. So, most if not all is likely the incidents will happen in Malaysia. Just imagine, if Singaporean can drive their car to Indonesia, Thailand or even Vietnam. I just wonder what else they are going to say about those countries.....if they actually drive to. Haha....
    1. Wrong fact .... you can drive your Sg plate car to Thailand
    2. From my experience, driving in Indonesia and Thailand (not sure about Vietnam) is much "safer" than in JB or KL. Besides the bad traffic condition, you actually feel safer in these countries. The police actually always give the benefits of doubt to the foreigners if you are nice to them.
    What some of us are trying very hard to explain to you is that the traffic police in MY actually "hunt" or "wait" (like bauya) for drivers (Sg or My) to make the slightest mistake. This makes driving in MY a bad decision.
    Then there is so much lawlessness in so many aspects. This reflects badly on the Home Affairs and the security forces. If you still cannot accept that the MY n Sg papers are reporting true cases, then we have nothing to compare notes.
    Please dont assume that we are bashing MY country or its ppl, but we are talking about the MY Police force as well as those bad guys, who I understand are mostly foreign workers.
    always the Light, .... always.

[QUOTE=Pro Image]Bro it is ok. Some people lose their tempers easily. Opinion varies and I thank you for understanding. I am just trying to know more about it and why the original poster ask this question about "Whether Driving into JB is safe?"

How about "Is it safe to drive to SG? Any case reported malaysia car got rob, stolen or policeman asking for kopi-money during road block??

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    2. From my experience, driving in Indonesia and Thailand (not sure about Vietnam) is much "safer" than in JB or KL. Besides the bad traffic condition, you actually feel safer in these countries. The police actually always give the benefits of doubt to the foreigners if you are nice to them.
    What some of us are trying very hard to explain to you is that the traffic police in MY actually "hunt" or "wait" (like bauya) for drivers (Sg or My) to make the slightest mistake. This makes driving in MY a bad decision.
    Then there is so much lawlessness in so many aspects. This reflects badly on the Home Affairs and the security forces. If you still cannot accept that the MY n Sg papers are reporting true cases, then we have nothing to compare notes.
    Please dont assume that we are bashing MY country or its ppl, but we are talking about the MY Police force as well as those bad guys, who I understand are mostly foreign workers.
    I rest my case lar.....too tired to talk to you lar. Not giving up but just tired of typing.

[QUOTE=JL1500k]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Bro it is ok. Some people lose their tempers easily. Opinion varies and I thank you for understanding. I am just trying to know more about it and why the original poster ask this question about "Whether Driving into JB is safe?"

How about "Is it safe to drive to SG? Any case reported malaysia car got rob, stolen or policeman asking for kopi-money during road block??
    You are just trying to be funny here.

[QUOTE=Pro Image]
    Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k

You are just trying to be funny here.
    So! Fact is Fact. Don't deny it.

Red face Re: Is it safe to drive to JB?

'MALAYSIA BOLEH'.....Dr.M style.......
    Never spoil malaysia imaige lah.......

Easy guy...like the hk bus uncle case.....你有压力,我有压力,万事都是可以解结的.

vince123123
    Guests

Maybe you can consider adding the word "Ambush" to "hunt" and "wait".

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised

Relax man.
    Not safe la...as long as you on the road it is not safe already.
    For myself i agreed JB is not a safe place to be around too. Don't say i haolian ok?...i been around the majority of west malaysia already, mostly on 2 wheel...only JB i feel unsafe, just too happening la this place.

From a personal experience, i was in penang sometimes ago and my friend was with some others driving down to KL. One of the car made an illegal reverse after making a wrong turn, a motorbike crashed onto that car and the pillion girl died, rider is her brother.
    So how? The Sg driver finally got off by paying $$$ to the authorities. Walau..as if $$$ can buy life.

Myself...i kana XXX by malaysian police before on NSHW. "you all singapore orang think malaysia highway machiam racing track huh?" Yeah to think, it is quite true. Just imagine on the weekend at NSHW near JB stretch, majority of those speeding at very high speed are singaporean if you noticed.
    No wonder malaysian side uncle want to aim us...
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

Smile Re: Is it safe to drive to JB?

according to recent report in the newpapers, a politician there claimed that dr. m is discrediting the current malaysian govt. never spoil malaysian image?
    Quote Originally Posted by ornegu
    'MALAYSIA BOLEH'.....Dr.M style.......
    Never spoil malaysia imaige lah.......

Went to JB with family once. Father U-turned on a road, that happened to lead to a police station. There was no sign of the road being a protected place at all, as the police station was some distance down the road.

Then the two guards nearby at a guard-post stopped the car while we were u-turning and pointed their rifles at us to demand a bribe.

After an hour of talking, they finally let us go, 'cause we claimed that we had no money.
    Luckily we didn't get shot or hurt.

After that incident, I'll never ever go to JB by car again. And so far, I've only passed by JB on the way to Kuantan by bus.
    Why should I shop in JB if the police won't behave?

Quote Originally Posted by xray
    Then the two guards nearby at a guard-post stopped the car while we were u-turning and pointed their rifles at us to demand a bribe.
    I think what they were trying to tell you was, "Selamat Datang!".

Quote Originally Posted by dominator
    Not safe la...as long as you on the road it is not safe already.
    For myself i agreed JB is not a safe place to be around too. Don't say i haolian ok?...i been around the majority of west malaysia already, mostly on 2 wheel...only JB i feel unsafe, just too happening la this place.
    What happened to the other two wheels?

If you drive a car "mostly on two wheels" it's never safe in any part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    according to recent report in the newpapers, a politician there claimed that dr. m is discrediting the current malaysian govt. never spoil malaysian image?
    I think it will take a very long times for them to change their image to be a better one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    What happened to the other two wheels?

If you drive a car "mostly on two wheels" it's never safe in any part of the world.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by dominator
    Myself...i kana XXX by malaysian police before on NSHW. "you all singapore orang think malaysia highway machiam racing track huh?" Yeah to think, it is quite true. Just imagine on the weekend at NSHW near JB stretch, majority of those speeding at very high speed are singaporean if you noticed.
    No wonder malaysian side uncle want to aim us...
    U shld see those sg cars racing at 180 - 200 km/h along NSHW.... kaoz.

Sinagpore road are restricted to 90km/h only. Once they have chance to run at higher speed they tend to drive fast. But i will not pity them if they met an accident or caught by MY police.

Too bad now a day car are getting better and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k
    Sinagpore road are restricted to 90km/h only. Once they have chance to run at higher speed they tend to drive fast. But i will not pity them if they met an accident or caught by MY police.

Too bad now a day car are getting better and powerful.
    What they are doing not only endangering their own livesbut others as well .... call me 'osim' but they can race all the way to hell and I'll send them some peh kim on the way.

everyone (in the business) knows that the organisers of such races pay off the top Police inspectors to "clear" the highway for such events for both the malaysian and sg drivers .... when there is a green flag, suddenly all the police disappear for coffee break, this is one way to allow the top ppl getting a piece of the cake. ....

So do you think if you complain to these inspectors, they bother to look into the small cases where the junior staff were involved?
    always the Light, .... always.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast