Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it safe to drive to JB?

Default Re: Is it safe to drive to JB?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    If he goes to the Police Station, and he insists he's innocent, and the Policeman insists he is guilty, which do you think the Police Station/Court/Judge will believe? Especially when its one person's word against another.

After staying at the station for X hours, would the time have been better spent?

Can we call you next time any of us gets into a mess with the MY policeman and you speak to him in Malay for us??
    You want to call me, sure no problem. The amount of money you are charging your clients will be the same as me going down to the police staiton to bail you out of trouble. You
    want an invoice? I accept cash only. Singapore or US Dollars only.

And you should know better than a lawyer, if you have not done anything wrong why be afraid. Sure you need to spend X number of hours to proof your innocent but do you have a choice when you are in a situation like that?

Why not organise a mass drive up to JB. The last tim eI went we had 4 cars and 20 people! Feel much safer that way!

vince123123
    Guests

Have to spend time and money to defend oneself against a corrupt system, now that's a new revelation.

When the police are corrupt, blame the victims!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Come come you can also make $$ in New York.

BUt you can't tell us that at the bottom of your heart there isn't any room left for some affection for this island?

We know you are looking around for more bungalows in MY with the S$.
    Soon....making plans now......for STATES. Oh there is always room in my heart for this country. Always.....haha.

vince123123
    Guests

The same reason why it is not worthwhile or cost effective to sue to reclaim a debt of S$10. You are in the right, but is it worth the expenses in a cost benefit analysis?

When there is a perception that the policeman is corrupt, there will also be one that the associated system isn't very far off. As a foreigner in their country, your ability to resist is limited. If the police hold you for XX hours, do you think you can do anything about it? Maybe you can advise as MY is a foreign place to us Singaporeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    You want to call me, sure no problem. The amount of money you are charging your clients will be the same as me going down to the police staiton to bail you out of trouble. You
    want an invoice? I accept cash only. Singapore or US Dollars only.

And you should know better than a lawyer, if you have not done anything wrong why be afraid. Sure you need to spend X number of hours to proof your innocent but do you have a choice when you are in a situation like that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Kal
    Why not organise a mass drive up to JB. The last tim eI went we had 4 cars and 20 people! Feel much safer that way!
    YA why not and see what happend after that.....hoho

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    If you are really so loyal to MY then I would advise you to quit your Singapore Job and stay put in MY.
    He did that. But his clients in Singapore begged him to come back.

So he is now where he was.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    The same reason why it is not worthwhile or cost effective to sue to reclaim a debt of S$10. You are in the right, but is it worth the expenses in a cost benefit analysis?

When there is a perception that the policeman is corrupt, there will also be one that the associated system isn't very far off. As a foreigner in their country, your ability to resist is limited. If the police hold you for XX hours, do you think you can do anything about it? Maybe you can advise as MY is a foreign place to us Singaporeans.
    Ok speaking from my personnal experience when I had to bail a Singaporean friend of mine.
    My friend insisted he did not commited any crime (just stop at a double yellow line for 30 seconds) at all which I believe him. Policeman wanted to "SETTLE with kopi money"
    but my friend says it was just a mere few seconds he stayed to pick me up. So I told the him to insist on a summon as since he wanted bribe money.

As usual the police officer was not happy about it but at the end of the day he LL had issue a ticket which we went to pay at the police station for a discounted price as we paid immediately which was only MYR$30 instead of the MYR$150 as we explain to them about it on what happend. If we were to give the kopi money, first it would have been against the law. Second we would have pay much more. The only hassle is to wait inline to pay the summon.

vince123123
    Guests

If there's no crime, why even pay the summons? Challenge all the way as you have suggested.

Thats a bit dumb though. Imagine having to queue up and explain to the authority when they obviously maligned you in the first place.

Easier said than done, when you are in not a favourable position (traveling with wife and 2 year old toddler OR old folks for example), it is not as convenient liao.

Ok speaking from my personnal experience when I had to bail a Singaporean friend of mine.
    My friend insisted he did not commited any crime (just stop at a double yellow line for 30 seconds) at all which I believe him. Policeman wanted to "SETTLE with kopi money"
    but my friend says it was just a mere few seconds he stayed to pick me up. So I told the him to insist on a summon as since he wanted bribe money.

As usual the police officer was not happy about it but at the end of the day he LL had issue a ticket which we went to pay at the police station for a discounted price as we paid immediately which was only MYR$30 instead of the MYR$150 as we explain to them about it on what happend. If we were to give the kopi money, first it would have been against the law. Second we would have pay much more. The only hassle is to wait inline to pay the summon.

vince123123
    Guests

My point exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by melcheong72
    Thats a bit dumb though. Imagine having to queue up and explain to the authority when they obviously maligned you in the first place.

Easier said than done, when you are in not a favourable position (traveling with wife and 2 year old toddler OR old folks for example), it is not as convenient liao.

Hey, Pro Image.
    I think it's best you don't reply or try to rebut any further. You are only going to make yourself sound naive and childish. You have your comments, keep it to yourself. Let's have a good weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by syke
    Hey, Pro Image.
    I think it's best you don't reply or try to rebut any further. You are only going to make yourself sound naive and childish. You have your comments, keep it to yourself. Let's have a good weekend.
    I will have a good weekend. Don't worry about it.

Of course I will stand by it. Yes this is a Singapore based website and majority here are Singaporeans. Obviously they will try their best to defend their statements. Singapore style mar.....

I am not rebutting but speaking from my own point of view. You can't just stand there and be blown away by some of this stories which has been told. Any TOM, DICK and HARRY can say what they want. True or not is another thing......I do believe some of the incidents that has happen but not all. So if someone were to talk nonsense about your country, would you be happy about it? I am not proud of some incidents which has occur in Malaysia.

Sooner or later I know this thread is going to turn into a war zone which the MODS will shut down. As mentioned before, why can't we have a more civilized conversation and debate about it. How much do one know about the actual situation in both countries.

Just don't be too upset over it. What has happend, has happend. Instead of looking back the incident which occur, why not try to find ways to counter it.

Century Egg has said, "Don't go into Malaysia lor". So is that really going to happend?

PLEASE Pro image.... we are not sprouting nonsense and neither are the incidents one off. Yes Singaporeans are cheap want to go for cheap things but how come things are cheap?? Because the Singapore's dollar's value is almost double that of Ringgit and why? Ask yourself why.

We are not Singaporeans bashing malaysia, and please dont start telling us now when you have no more excuses to use that its a bashing session. When one denies the truth and insist that there is nothing wrong and everything is one off incident... please how many freaking one off incidents can there be?

When one's police force is so corrupt that police officers stop one to get kopi money and its still not wrong???

And how do you explain all the experiences I and my friends had? again nonsense and legends sprouted by some tom dick and harry? Well the experience of seeing my uncle locked up without trial, suitcases of hard cash handed over to POLICE INSPECTORS, the experience of a policeman asking me in the middle of the NE highway... how you want to settle. Are this figments of my imagination?

Call us Malaysia bashers or what have you.... but Im speaking from a fair point of view. Its people like you that made Malaysia the place it is today.
    Last edited by centuryegg; 3rd June 2006 at 02:36 PM.

YA why not and see what happend after that.....hoho
    we roughly know what type of person you are

There is only one thing he can do and if he is smart (which obviously he is not) "Let's go to the POLICE STATION and settle this". After giving him the money to the policeman and he starts complaining to the Anti Corruption Unit. Who would believe if the policeman is really asking the money from him? I hope this reporter has some eye witness.
    "Let's go to the POLICE STATION and settle this". Please lah, the whole system is corrupted go where is still the same one lah!

Unhappy Re: Is it safe to drive to JB?

'
    'MALAYSIA BOLEH'

Just some tips someone advised me of when driving into malaysia........
    try to look for parking lots or space with a wall, pillar or something stationary beside. Park your car head in close (real close) to the wall or pillar and steer your steerling to the extreme left or right depending which side the wall or pillar is on, such that when someone tries to tow your car, it will hit the wall or pillar. At least this will make they job abit tougher to tow away your car

Exclamation Re: Is it safe to drive to JB?

[B[/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpose
    Just some tips someone advised me of when driving into malaysia........
    try to look for parking lots or space with a wall, pillar or something stationary beside. Park your car head in close (real close) to the wall or pillar and steer your steerling to the extreme left or right depending which side the wall or pillar is on, such that when someone tries to tow your car, it will hit the wall or pillar. At least this will make they job abit tougher to tow away your car

Yeah! once they can't tow your car,they will damange your car!! u think u r smart!!!If i don't get it, I will destroy it!!

Hey guys ~! Stop all this bashing lah ... pls lah ..... ProImage has his own opinion and although some may not agreed to it , no need for name calling leh ..... aiyo relax leh .... If ask u all go do charity? all so on the ball meh ? Relac lah ....

Now for my 2 cents.....

1) I'm born in JB , but came over sg since young. Now Singaporean. But most of the family members in malaysia. So don't doubt my nationality.

2) It's true that crime do happen and it's not like they are targeting sg or what .... come on..... if u the robber , u choose 20 year proton sage or brand new Toyota Harrier ? Just happen so singapore drivers are the ones driving into JB. Anyway .... most of the time , robbers themselves are not malaysia also. (dun ask me to quote source, just based on own observation and hearsay, strictly personal opinon.)

3) They are singaporeans committing serious offences , drug-trafficking etc etc .... Why not all spend energy condemn them better ?? U ever hear other people condemn the way some people do here ?

4) Personlly, most of the time , again from my own observation. Some(not all, just in case flame coming at me) of the singaporean visitor to JB are actually digging their own graves. They will come in Big big thick thick gold necklance or chain, drive brand new big big BMW 7 series , The aunties will shout at each other in a mall " Cheap cheap , here beri Cheap 1/2 prices onli" even though they are standing beside each other. Come one lah ...... It's macham U STICK A BIG NOTE ON THE FORE HEAD AND IT SAYS " COME ROB ME , IF U DON"T U SURE LUGI" ....... Some can dispute my observation , but anyway next time got go City Square, JUSCO , whatever , wherever got MEGA SALE , try to spot the Singaporean lor.

5) Peace ~!! and stop all the bashing. Make love not war ~!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast