Thread: Time to Change Battery??

Default Time to Change Battery??

is it time to change battery if u found out that your battery starts leaking.. and white crystals starts forming out of your battery???

but.. it's still workable~ lol

Default Re: Time to Change Battery??

hmmmm, i am not sure... but depends on wat equipment you are using ba, as in the price.

i remember seeing a thread of someone's SB600 flash gone becos of leaking batts. and the flash cost about 300 2nd hand?

wont risk my 300 bucks flash for something i can replace with less than 20 bucks.

thats how i see it
    D70s-er Since 2005

Time to discard it.

Quote Originally Posted by zcwnfx
    hmmmm, i am not sure... but depends on wat equipment you are using ba, as in the price.

i remember seeing a thread of someone's SB600 flash gone becos of leaking batts. and the flash cost about 300 2nd hand?

wont risk my 300 bucks flash for something i can replace with less than 20 bucks.

thats how i see it
    i think i jus use it for my shaver instead
    after shave halfway explode! BOOM!

Hmmm.... Usually the seal of NiMH is better than alkaline battery. How can it leakage ? Did you drop it? How about the rest (usually you buy battery in pair or package of 4)? How long since you buy it, and how often you charge it?

Regards,
    Arto.

Time to change, not safe anymore.... may corrode your appliance.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Hmmm.... Usually the seal of NiMH is better than alkaline battery. How can it leakage ?
    Usually caused by overcharging or too rapid charging. The cells release pressure via a safety valve, leaking electrolyte. The valve may not seal properly once activated, and leakage may continue.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf
    Usually caused by overcharging or too rapid charging. The cells release pressure via a safety valve, leaking electrolyte. The valve may not seal properly once activated, and leakage may continue.
    Hmmm.... make sense .

So, slow charger is better than fast charger.

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Hmmm.... Usually the seal of NiMH is better than alkaline battery. How can it leakage ? Did you drop it? How about the rest (usually you buy battery in pair or package of 4)? How long since you buy it, and how often you charge it?

Regards,
    Arto.
    yep it's in a package of 4, this is the only one which leaked n corroded so badly..

i think i dropped tat battery very long ago.. lol... maybe tat one drop damage it to leak...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf
    yea man, it makes sense... but cant wait 16-20hours just to charge 4 batterys... will go crazy man

Better to change it. Lucky you caught the leak before you used it in your equipment.