Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PC show.... any good buys??

Default Re: PC show.... any good buys??

The PC show is really sucky. Not much to see at all. The walkways are narrow, the vendor mix is not focused.

I did a quick comparision of HDD prices with those at Sim Lim this week, and I found it to be about the same. I did see some rather good deals on DVD writers and CF cards but nothing to really shout about.

Ironically, I picked up a rather good card reader at the Book fair for 9 bucks instead.

So IMO, unless you've already decided what you want to buy, no point going to this show. The previous one earlier this year was much much better.

Wah that bad ah ... still yet to yet to find one single good feedback about the show from anyone ... well in that case... will rather stay at home and sleep ... think Singapore exhibition has become soooo boring ... unlike Tokyo, Taipei and Seoul ...

Wow that bad. Iwas thinking of going during the weekend.

So disappointing... Thot I could get some good deals.

I tink organisers know Sporeans are ever ready to spend spend spend. So not giving away any good deals?

I also think there are too many such PC shows, IT shows, Comex?, etc in a year. Sometimes I get mixed up which is which!

Quote Originally Posted by smtan24
    Wow that bad. Iwas thinking of going during the weekend.
    Good luck bro.
    Today was already damn jam packed. I'll be keeping clear of suntec this weekend.

Forgot to mention. The PC show closes at 8pm, and not 9pm as most people think.

The left most lane[when u enter] and the back lane damn friggin crowded. Do not enter those lanes unless u wish to spend 10mins in the lane....

And the little microphone/speaker war by the cannon and epson printer promotors at one of the junctions... OMG what were these idiots thinking? I couldnt hear myself think when i had to pass that junction...

overall cameras wise, only saw Panasonic, Sony have a significant presence there...
    Sony Nex 6 MILC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    The PC show is really sucky. Not much to see at all. The walkways are narrow, the vendor mix is not focused.

I did a quick comparision of HDD prices with those at Sim Lim this week, and I found it to be about the same. I did see some rather good deals on DVD writers and CF cards but nothing to really shout about.

Ironically, I picked up a rather good card reader at the Book fair for 9 bucks instead.

So IMO, unless you've already decided what you want to buy, no point going to this show. The previous one earlier this year was much much better.
    Card reader from which booth at the Book Fair?

As usual, PC show only re-location for a while for SimLim Square and Funan .

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Card reader from which booth at the Book Fair?
    Booth #4D26. It on the left side of the hall as you enter. Its the only booth selling memory cards iirc.

the highlight of this PC Fair ---> LCD.

Quote Originally Posted by SoToNgMaN
    With approval from MSD .. u r allowed to PDAs or even laptops to yr camps ..
    Used to bring my laptop into camp. Only needed a LOA signed by my CO.

Anyway, OT aside, aren't there any deals on CF cards? Isn't Eastgear there?

Quote Originally Posted by Denosha
    Used to bring my laptop into camp. Only needed a LOA signed by my CO.

Anyway, OT aside, aren't there any deals on CF cards? Isn't Eastgear there?
    From what I can remember, only Kingston CF. This time round, Eastgear seems only interested in pushing their GPS, smart phones and batteries + chargers... There is some SD and other stuff but mostly the 3 things listed above.

I can say that Epson very agressive with their printers... R250 selling for S$169? About $80-100 from what you get out there. Same with the R350. The semi-pro/pro printers like R800, R1800 and R2400 no change in price from the last computer show, but they have 6 months interest-free installments with UOB cards...

Samsung monochrome laser Printer at $99 only

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    As usual, PC show only re-location for a while for SimLim Square and Funan .

Regards,
    Arto.
    and more money for organizers...

Some good deals i saw today.

1) Viewsonic 20inch widescreen (same as the one in the recent MO) at $639 with free 1GB thumbdrive (after some bargaining)

2) Viewsonic 19inch widescreen LCD, $399

3) Lexar 2GB 133x professional SD card, $99 (got it from Eastgear)

4) Some DVD RW writers at only $50! (can't remember which store)

5) Many many LCD monitors and printers.
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    I cant seem to find a good phone that comes without a camera. All the models without one are normally the most basic and crap in features....
    depends on what u define as good. i use a xphone 2m with the camera removed by O2. so its considered as non camera phone and i get to have BT, IR, Calendar, wordpad, syn with ccomputer etc. but I met many pple who cannot get use to smartphone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123