Thread: Beauty is in the EYE of the Beholder

Default Beauty is in the EYE of the Beholder

Trying out my newly acquired Metz 32-Z1 flash, tilted -13 degree for macrophotography to prevent parallax error.
    Heres a pic of my fiancee's eye in macro with a +4 closeup, converted to B&W, retaining the pupil's colour and superimpose a portrait of her taken earlier.

Beauty is in the EYE of the Beholder.

"Forever aspiring for inspirations"
    Stevick
    Singapore
    Pbase Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/stevick_lee
    PhotoSIG: http://www1.photosig.com/viewuser.php?id=72595
    Sony DSC F717
    Fujifilm S304
    Canon Ixus V2
    Ricoh RDC6000
    Nikon F601M
    Last edited by Stevick_Lee; 21st December 2002 at 02:23 AM.

Creatively done. Wonder how u get the reflection of the lady in the picture. Any digital work done other than the colour changes?
    Canon Lover :)

Originally posted by Klause
    Creatively done. Wonder how u get the reflection of the lady in the picture. Any digital work done other than the colour changes?
    Thanks Klause, yes, the superimposition was done in PS, well nowadays darkroom photography is something of the past (Its sad though).

Stevick, creative shot you got there.

By the way, I hope you don't cross post the same image in the 2 sections.

amazing shot. but too much of the bottom right portion is out of focus.

I like the shot, for it's creativity and the way it comes across.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

You might want to PS out the flash before superimposing her image.

Can also try making the iris (the pupil is the black dot in the centre) B&W, so that the only colour is the superimposed image, to see what it's like (although it works well like this).

Originally posted by Goondu
    Stevick, creative shot you got there.

By the way, I hope you don't cross post the same image in the 2 sections.
    Thanks.

Sorry Goondu, I bodoh mah! . I didnt noe which category this pic should sit in. Hoping u guys can enlighten me. Anyway since this has got comments goin on, Ive already deleted the other. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
    You might want to PS out the flash before superimposing her image.

Can also try making the iris (the pupil is the black dot in the centre) B&W, so that the only colour is the superimposed image, to see what it's like (although it works well like this).
    Yo Street, thanks for the idea. Sorry bout the lack of anatomy knowledge of the human eye (me no bio grad) . Anyway, the purpose of me retaining the flash spot, is to hopefully not make this image to PSed, keeping some fundamentals of the actual shot.

Originally posted by Stevick_Lee

Thanks.

Sorry Goondu, I bodoh mah! I didnt noe which category this pic should sit in. Hoping u guys can enlighten me. Anyway since this has got comments goin on, Ive already deleted the other. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    It's okay, and thanks for following up.

the idea is good. Wouldn't it be more appropriate if you have taken your eye instead, and superimpose your fiancee's image? I mean, beauty in the eye of the beholder, so it should be your eye right?

One big spoiler is that flash in the pupil, that should be taken out. It looks as if your fiancee (in the pupil) is standing under a large ceiling light. Oh just curious huh, u tilted -13 degrees flash at her eye, wouldn't she be blinded??

on the whole, good effort!

Originally posted by maddog
    amazing shot. but too much of the bottom right portion is out of focus.
    Yo MadWoof, thanks for the pointer, guess my DOF too shallow, and also the disadvantage od a closeup filter, bad periphery.
    Last edited by Stevick_Lee; 21st December 2002 at 11:15 AM.

Originally posted by Tweek
    the idea is good. Wouldn't it be more appropriate if you have taken your eye instead, and superimpose your fiancee's image? I mean, beauty in the eye of the beholder, so it should be your eye right?

One big spoiler is that flash in the pupil, that should be taken out. It looks as if your fiancee (in the pupil) is standing under a large ceiling light. Oh just curious huh, u tilted -13 degrees flash at her eye, wouldn't she be blinded??

on the whole, good effort!

Simple and straight forward answer, coz me dun have nice eyes. Well, she's rather confident of herself, so u can be the beauty of your own eyes too, u noe.

Nope. she says that its fine, as her pupil is focus directly into the lens at close range and I m using an omnibounce its not that bad at all, no aftereffect of blind spots at all.
    Last edited by Stevick_Lee; 22nd December 2002 at 12:17 AM.

wah nice nice...

Hi Stevick,

There must be so many posts here that I missed this one. Very creatively done. I really admire you guys with great photoshop skills.