Thread: Coming: Bladerunner Final Cut DVD

Default Coming: Bladerunner Final Cut DVD

fresh from digitalbits:

This coming September, there will be a new limited DVD release (HD-DVD & Blu-ray Disc are also planned) of the restored 1992 Director's Cut (you know... the one that isn't really a director's cut). This will be available for just four months. We believe this is basically the 2-disc release that Warner had originally planned to bow LAST year.

Then next year, just in time for the film's 25th anniversary, Ridley Scott's ultimate Blade Runner: The Final Cut will hit theaters for a limited run. This will be a REAL director's cut, with restored scenes and more - all the stuff that Ridley's always wanted to do with the film but hasn't really been given the chance to do before. That will be followed later in the year by an Ultimate Blade Runner DVD release. You can expect a multi-disc box set (again, likely with a simultaneous HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc release) that will contain at least four different versions of the film... ALL in full anamorphic widescreen, we might add. You'll get the film's original U.S. theatrical cut, you'll get the expanded international theatrical cut, you'll get the 1992 Director's Cut and you'll get the new Final Cut as well. Now... we realize at this point, you may have questions. Keep in mind, there's a TON of additional material that's going to be included in this set that hasn't been announced and can't be talked about yet - all-new material that you've never seen before. The set is pretty early in the planning and production stage, so it's way too early to talk details, but trust us... some very cool stuff is in the works. These extras will likely be different from the September '06 release, so if you buy both you'll at least be getting your money's worth.

Imagine that... anamorphic widescreen AND real value in a DVD release! Hey... are we being punked?

Default Re: Coming: Bladerunner Final Cut DVD

cool!

I watched the 1992 version in the cinema.... that was quite a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrus
    I watched the 1992 version in the cinema.... that was quite a while back.
    imagine the original one is even further ago when harrison ford was kinda young...

its a classic... i love the city scene... those flying billboards and stuff...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    imagine the original one is even further ago when harrison ford was kinda young...

its a classic... i love the city scene... those flying billboards and stuff...
    Yeah, I was a bit too young to watch the original I do have the soundtrack, its beautiful.

hmm, wonder which ending for the final directers cut..

definitely will go and watch this though, i never saw it on the widescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    hmm, wonder which ending for the final directers cut..

definitely will go and watch this though, i never saw it on the widescreen.
    ye, and i wonder if they can finally put to rest whether han solo or greedo shoot first....
    o wait, i got confused..

Then when all the scifi fans have bought this latest greatest ultimate director's cut, they'll release the original uncut movie shown in the cinema in 1982, for the hardcore fans (just like they've done for the original Star Wars movie). Pay more for less.

I watched the original way back in 1982 (man, am I THAT old?). I thought the coolest scene was the voice-activated image-manipulation device hooked up to the TV. "Zoom in to the right upper corner. Stop. Enhance."

Hmm, I'm still doing that nowadays, except with a mouse and keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Then when all the scifi fans have bought this latest greatest ultimate director's cut, they'll release the original uncut movie shown in the cinema in 1982, for the hardcore fans (just like they've done for the original Star Wars movie). Pay more for less.

I watched the original way back in 1982 (man, am I THAT old?). I thought the coolest scene was the voice-activated image-manipulation device hooked up to the TV. "Zoom in to the right upper corner. Stop. Enhance."

Hmm, I'm still doing that nowadays, except with a mouse and keyboard.
    imagine it auto sharpen the picture everytime it zooms in, now we zoom in liddat all still blur lor...

btw, i think i gotta watch it again on dvd... i think it can change angle as well rite?

oh ya.. anybody played the game as well? cool game too...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

oh ya.. anybody played the game as well? cool game too...
    i'm still hunting around for that game.... its not sold, nor on *ahem*.

any leads to clue me in?

Quote Originally Posted by leews2001

any leads to clue me in?
    its a very very old game, think i played while in poly or something... damn old game...

its a very very old game, think i played while in poly or something... damn old game...
    wow... i remember playing that game... was pretty cool.. but i think even if you could get hold of a copy... it was a dos game if im not mistaken... how to run!

Quote Originally Posted by leews2001

any leads to clue me in?
    Its a 1997 game. Released by Westwood Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard
    It was actually released in 1982. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083658/

BTW, the original sci-fi novel on which the movie is based makes for some very good reading.
    Philip K Dick's "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" a.k.a Blade Runner.

Talking about this version.

Yeah, read that book and most of Dick's novels.

wow... i remember playing that game... was pretty cool.. but i think even if you could get hold of a copy... it was a dos game if im not mistaken... how to run!
    no problem. Mac have dos emulator. another old game that really have the feel of BR is Flashback

its abandonware now. so u know where to get it

i remember got about 3 or 4 alternate ending to the game, and u have to do different things to get different endings... a new concept in that era of gaming... esp the 3D graphics... top notch that time... think about few CDs.

i remember got about 3 or 4 alternate ending to the game, and u have to do different things to get different endings... a new concept in that era of gaming... esp the 3D graphics... top notch that time... think about few CDs.
    Yeah, also some of the replicants in the game changed everytime you started a new game. You could end the game either finding out if your a replicant or not.

Huh? Why a final cut? What's different about it?