Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MAC vs PC

Default Re: MAC vs PC

For people who value time, just get a mac.
    It lets you concentrate on your work more without having to troubleshoot stuff that plague PC users.

I'm a user of both PC and Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by cableguy55
    I sell Mac computer and just to cool things off
    U cannot run Mac OS on just any dual core processor like those on PC
    The Duo Core on Mac is solely on partnership with Apple
    As for speed, being a Mac user for the last odd 20 yrs, I can safely say my Quad-Core G5 will blow any PC out on the market
    As for those who intent to seek out cheaper Macbook Pro, those that are on sale are the older 1.83 which was overstocked by dealers
    But it from outside Apple Resellers and u end up with problems later on
    I have used the Duo Core and running windows xp is faster than a normal 2.4Pentium running windows
    Hope that clear the myth of Apple and Windows
    Ideally run Linux on a Mac and u have the best of both world
    Cheers
    That's the thing, Mac Quad-Core G5 will probably blow away any PC on the market, but thing is, the most powerful PCs are not on the market, they are custom built...with PCs you can hand pick components and match them to your needs and price line, and still come up with a solution much cheaper than a Mac of similar capability...provided you have someone who can build a system for you...

in my workplace (we handle large, 100MB-1GB, PSDs), PCs (custom) and Macs (Dual G5) seem to have similar failure rates in terms of hardware and crashing...not very often, but once in a while...

but even the PCs on the market should satisfy the everyday or even enthusiast users...not everyone needs a G5 or equivalent

I sell Mac computer and just to cool things off
    U cannot run Mac OS on just any dual core processor like those on PC
    The Duo Core on Mac is solely on partnership with Apple
    Because of the TPM chip. They purposely disallow it as Apple earns a lot of money from the hardware margins.
    As for speed, being a Mac user for the last odd 20 yrs, I can safely say my Quad-Core G5 will blow any PC out on the market
    Verse a Quad CPU Opterion 4-series system? Strange that when the machines with the new Intel processor came out, everyone was saying that it ran so much faster than the older G5s, with a general benchmark by many sites inclusive of pro-Apple sites. How would you rectify this contradiction if G5s are faster?

BTW, there isn't a single commercial quad-core chip available before. Quad CPU yes, quad core no. Quad Core =/= Quad CPU. If you don't know the difference, please find out first before trying to talk.
    I have used the Duo Core and running windows xp is faster than a normal 2.4Pentium running windows
    You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Duo Cores are the latest release. The micro instruction is much different from the Pentium4s,a 5 year old design, (your "normal 2.4Pentium") that you might as well compare a Corolla and a F1 Ferrari. BTW, when the Duo Cores (ie Core 2) comes on the PC, which do you think will run faster?
    Last edited by Watcher; 9th June 2006 at 11:09 AM.

Deregistered

The opterons are Can't wait for the new AMD Opteron to ship to my office... then I can play with it...

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK
    in my workplace (we handle large, 100MB-1GB, PSDs), PCs (custom) and Macs (Dual G5) seem to have similar failure rates in terms of hardware and crashing...not very often, but once in a while...
    I 2nd that, its hype that Macs doesn't crash n stuff..BULL!!
    Using QuadG5/4GB Ram & also crashes just like PCs...

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    The opterons are Can't wait for the new AMD Opteron to ship to my office... then I can play with it...
    Get 4way Opteron with 64GB of RAM...

And then we only need to wait for the apps BTW, all the processors on the new Macs are only 32-bits and not with x64 IIRC...

Deregistered

Wahaha... no lah!!! This server 2 way will be already overkill, 4 way my boss will murder me

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234