Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 135

Thread: Why shoot models?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central, Northern
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Many will blindly defend, but the truth is staring us in the face, there are CSers who are among us just for the skin. I hope one ore two will make a stand here and face up to some scrutiny.

  2. #22
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    I'm not talking about TFCD. I like honestly, and so far, no one has admitted that guys are just horny. What i don't understand is why must a model subject be a sexy babe? Can't it be the kachang puteh man? Or the can-smashing-recycling old lady? Why not pay them? I only see bikini shoots, nude shoots etc.

    You can see naked girls anytime you want, if you know where to go. Why pay them by the hour and masquerade it as a "photo shoot"?
    OIC, now you are talking about nude shoot,
    Ok, people like to see naked woman and willing to paying money to photography them, is thier business, and also organizer's and models making money from it, this is also business, what wrong with that?

    well, if you know go batam can get better deal for this kind of shoots, you can organize it, why not?

    and also, if you like to shoot a kachang puteh man? Or the can-smashing-recycling old lady, think that also have a market for this kind of shoot, go ahead and organize it, why not?

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central, Northern
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    OIC, now you are talking about nude shoot,
    Ok, people like to see naked woman and willing to paying money to photography them, is thier business, and also organizer's and models making money from it, this is also business, what wrong with that?

    well, if you know go batam can get better deal for this kind of shoots, you can organize it, why not?

    and also, if you like to shoot a kachang puteh man? Or the can-smashing-recycling old lady, think that also have a market for this kind of shoot, go ahead and organize it, why not?

    Do you understand my point or are you just dense? It is NOT about the demand and supply. It is a question of ethics. Will you allow yourself to be called among the same people who attend these shoots?

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by Splutter
    I've been shooting mainly friends or ppl I know. Too poor to get model all the time unless I really have some very interesting concept I want to pull off.
    after seeing your works, you sure got alot of pretty friends hor?!
    I Love You :)

  5. #25

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    If its for the babes? Then why not go to a pub? It's cheaper too

    Jose.

    Go pub do wat ? find wat?

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central, Northern
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by simon80
    Go pub do wat ? find wat?
    Must i spell it out? Heh.
    Last edited by Jose; 31st May 2006 at 01:17 AM.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central, Northern
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by astroboy
    Oh and your avatar is a pix of a sexy gal. Why? (sorry no offence... just using something as an example).

    Why not a pix of a pet dog or goldfish?


    PS: i m not for nor against u, just think that u raised an interesting point

    It is an interesting point and i'm glad you brought it up. Yes it is a pic of a sexy gal, and yes i like to look at it. It turns me on. And i would like everyone to be as bluntly honest as my last sentence was.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Gim Boon Tai
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    after seeing your works, you sure got alot of pretty friends hor?!
    I did say ppl I know mah. So when I see someone pretty I try to know her
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    then shooting models make some photographers feel good inside? and maybe by shooting good models and with some good skills and equipment, they might make them look good which makes the models happy also? it works for all of them involved. they pay and they get money. everyone is happy so whats the fuss here about?
    I Love You :)

  10. #30
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    Do you understand my point or are you just dense? It is NOT about the demand and supply. It is a question of ethics. Will you allow yourself to be called among the same people who attend these shoots?
    So, if someone genuine want to study figure form of female and shooting nude, what would you suggest?

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central, Northern
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    then shooting models make some photographers feel good inside? and maybe by shooting good models and with some good skills and equipment, they might make them look good which makes the models happy also? it works for all of them involved. they pay and they get money. everyone is happy so whats the fuss here about?

    No fuss! Just remarking on the ethical climate that this little community is precipitating.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central, Northern
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    So, if someone genuine want to study figure form of female and shooting nude, what would you suggest?
    Go do it. I'm not stopping you. If you're genuine, it will show! If you are not, it's also plainly obvious! And i see many are not....

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    so what if some photographers are just there to see the ladies nude or in bikinis but produce crappy photos? it's their own business, are we talking about enthics of the models or the photographers here? either way, it's their business if they wanna shoot what they want.

    when theres a market, there's bound to be buyers. so whatever the reason, whether you are rich or poor, you go to this market and buy your stuff. does it matter where you stay or what you wanna buy?
    I Love You :)

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central, Northern
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    so what if some photographers are just there to see the ladies nude or in bikinis but produce crappy photos? it's their own business, are we talking about enthics of the models or the photographers here? either way, it's their business if they wanna shoot what they want.

    when theres a market, there's bound to be buyers. so whatever the reason, whether you are rich or poor, you go to this market and buy your stuff. does it matter where you stay or what you wanna buy?

    Thats exactly what i'm not talking about. Im not talking about the market, the demand, or the supply. I'm talking about ethics.

  15. #35
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    Go do it. I'm not stopping you. If you're genuine, it will show! If you are not, it's also plainly obvious! And i see many are not....
    Of course genuine, but I hardly join pay shoot, most of the time I being paid to shoot, and only offer TFCD.

  16. #36
    Porcubus Rex
    Guests

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Go do it. I'm not stopping you. If you're genuine, it will show! If you are not, it's also plainly obvious! And i see many are not....
    I doubt many pple are as blunt as you, or has as many naked frens with which you may fulfil your "artistic" appettite. I think we should respect their privacy, what happens between the photographers, organisers and models is of no concern to the rest of us.

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central, Northern
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Once again, before anyone else asks for the umpteenth time. Not Demand//Supply. Ethics.

    Will you count yourself among the CSers who join private nude/bikini/etc shoots for the skin-fest, but are unwilling to admit it? Intead they blemish the good name of clubsnap by calling themselves photographers, when they truly just want to see flesh?

    Do you want these people to continue to use the word Clubsnap as an excuse? Is that the purpose of your forum?

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    ethics? so how about companys paying a photographer to shoot a model?

    so if their ethic is bad, may i ask, how are you planning to change their life? =) i personally feel that this is a subjective issue once again. nothing can stop a guy from shooting nude models if they want to. ppls need money, they do it, they happy can liao
    I Love You :)

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    Once again, before anyone else asks for the umpteenth time. Not Demand//Supply. Ethics.

    Will you count yourself among the CSers who join private nude/bikini/etc shoots for the skin-fest, but are unwilling to admit it? Intead they blemish the good name of clubsnap by calling themselves photographers, when they truly just want to see flesh?

    Do you want these people to continue to use the word Clubsnap as an excuse? Is that the purpose of your forum?
    firstly, i don't own any cameras, so can i be considered a photographer? and for skin-fest? sentosa got so many too. hais. i is going to bed.
    I Love You :)

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central, Northern
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Why shoot models?

    Quote Originally Posted by Porcubus Rex
    I doubt many pple are as blunt as you, or has as many naked frens with which you may fulfil your "artistic" appettite. I think we should respect their privacy, what happens between the photographers, organisers and models is of no concern to the rest of us.

    Is it truly of no concern to us? Will you call yourself a part of this community when there are those who choose to abuse the priveleges it gives you?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •