Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Month of Photography 06 Competition

Default Re: Month of Photography 06 Competition

er does the photo have to be shot in sg? I know that's the whole idea of this competition... but it's not in the terms & conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by schon
    er does the photo have to be shot in sg? I know that's the whole idea of this competition... but it's not in the terms & conditions.
    The rules are rather vague and I think it's meant to be that way to not stifle creativity. Knowing the judge, I think he'll be open to many different ideas. I do however think that location should be within Singapore though.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    The rules are rather vague and I think it's meant to be that way to not stifle creativity. Knowing the judge, I think he'll be open to many different ideas. I do however think that location should be within Singapore though.
    oh man... cuz I do have a photo which suits the theme pretty well but it wasn't shot in sg.

wonder if its worth a try submitting...

oh man... cuz I do have a photo which suits the theme pretty well but it wasn't shot in sg.

worth to throw that $2.50 away....

You won't know till you try... I say go for it.

Does the couple hjave to be human? hehe never mentioned...
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84
    Does the couple hjave to be human? hehe never mentioned...
    you're not gonna manipulate animals are you? since you work with the SPCA... j/k.

terence: yup I'll be giving it a shot. thanks.

NO lah just natural candid poses....
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by unseen
    tsk tsk tsk..
    Issue was that the photographer took the photo, no model release form. IIRC it's a girl sitting on a guy's shoulder bending down/kissing him.
    When the editor was looking for photos to fit an article about youth promiscuity, he came across the photo and published it.
    The papers got sued, and paid a large sum to the couple.

Edit: It's not the photo of a sailor and a girl. That was a photo by henry cartier or something.
    I believe you got the wrong photo or the wrong kiss le...

Its a photo taken by Robert Doisneau and its confirmed a posed shot, the lady of the picture had her identity proven with the original print of the photograph along with the signature of the photographer. She sold the photograph last April.

Can refer to today's Straits Times Life Section for more info on this.

http://www.phish-comms.com/mop06/index_comp.shtml

Upzz this thread ...... get out there and snap that "KISS"

I intend to submit 1 entry, but after printing out at Cathay, I find that the print out is less than satisfactory. It's a 8MP pic.

I have also developed this photo in S8R and it's flawless, so I don't think it's a problem with the pic.

What should I do? Should I submit both the Epson print and the S8R (just to show that there's nothing wrong with my pic, problem lies with printing)?

Last edited by clicknick; 27th June 2006 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clicknick
    I intend to submit 1 entry, but after printing out at Cathay, I find that the print out is less than satisfactory. It's a 8MP pic.

I have also developed this photo in S8R and it's flawless, so I don't think it's a problem with the pic.

What should I do? Should I submit both the Epson print and the S8R (just to show that there's nothing wrong with my pic, problem lies with printing)?

Bro, safer you send in the epson print cos it specifically state...print on epson paper...i fear if you send in others, might get disqualified...good luck

Quote Originally Posted by sigg
    Bro, safer you send in the epson print cos it specifically state...print on epson paper...i fear if you send in others, might get disqualified...good luck
    Ya, I know, no choice. But the color is totally out and got a greenish tone somemore. Makes my pic look like shot using a HP camera.

Thinking of converting to B&W now, but I purposely took this shot to be colorful, so converting to B&W just so that can hide the flaws of the Epson printing seems to defeat the purpose of my intended shot.
    Last edited by clicknick; 27th June 2006 at 10:45 PM.

Did the image look ok on the monitor? I would think their workflow would be color calibrated all the way to the printout, considering they are the distributors of the Spyder range of calibration products!

Well, I suppose the point of using the same medium (paper/ink) is to standardize. The batches printed using CP's Epson printer will suffer the same output.

Yes, the quality of the print-out really cmi.

Did the image look ok on the monitor? I would think their workflow would be color calibrated all the way to the printout, considering they are the distributors of the Spyder range of calibration products!
    the printing is done direct from Card Media with small printer lcd to preview.

I think the small little tiny lcd should be calibrated and pictures appear very, very sharp. LOL!

I never see my pic on their monitor (looks fine on my monitor), only the printout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclesiasm
    Well, I suppose the point of using the same medium (paper/ink) is to standardize. The batches printed using CP's Epson printer will suffer the same output.

Yes, the quality of the print-out really cmi.
    Now those who print using their own Epson printer will have an advantage, can test print and tweak the colors until perfect, so I don't really consider this as standardize.

Anyway, printed liao and don't intend to keep this lousy print-out, so going to send in anyway. Maybe can even shock Epson with that print-out into rethinking their contest rules next time.
    Last edited by clicknick; 27th June 2006 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclesiasm
    the printing is done direct from Card Media with small printer lcd to preview.

I think the small little tiny lcd should be calibrated and pictures appear very, very sharp. LOL!
    I see all kinds of color calibration issues if this is the way they're going to do it.

I have the same greenish cast (I think) as clicknick has mentioned.

well, let's hope judging is based on image content and not print-out appeal. They really shouldn't fault those who play by their rules.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast