An open letter to all my fellow CS'rs
My time in Singapore is coming to an end. I moved to Singapore two years ago from Seattle, Washington. Seattle is an absolutely beautiful part of the country, but I wanted to see more of the world. My wife and I are chronically addicted to travel, but couldn’t afford to keep traveling. So, we decided to make our living ‘on the road’. It’s been the best two years of our life.
Thanks to the friendly attitude around ClubSnap I’ve made a number of new friends. It’s a bittersweet goodbye. We are off to a new adventure in Taiwan and then after that who knows what will happen.
What am I going to miss?
• Easy public transportation
• A multi-lingual society (much of the USA barely speaks one language)
• Being able to get great food at 2AM
• The greatest airport ever
• Regionally centered for great travel
• The harmony such a diverse group of people living/working and having fun together
• Watermelon Sago
• The great thunderstorms
• Goldclass Movies – they may have this in the US, but I’ve never seen them
Things I won’t miss.
• Cars are way too expensive (for me anyway)
• The HEAT (I know it’s been two years, but I just can’t seem to adjust)
• Canon’s way of pricing its merchandise higher than in other parts of the world
• Pushing each month’s budget to see what I can buy in the Buy/Sell section of CS
• Getting caught in one of those great thunderstorms without an umbrella
I’ve been hanging around CS for the last year and half and I’ll really miss it. Being a part of PhotoAid was the most rewarding charitable activity I have been a part of. There is a lot of talent and friendly photographers in Singapore and I’ll miss that. Of all the forums I participate in, CS by far has the friendliest atmosphere for newcomers and the veterans.
Cheers and best wishes to all,