Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on tripod(Manfrotto 055CLB or 190CLB)

Default Re: Advice on tripod(Manfrotto 055CLB or 190CLB)

Thanks for all the advices guys! I think its either a 055 or 190 for me liao.. Going home to do some more research..
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

might consider slik 330dx or 340dx, pretty stable for me cost ard 120-135 from CP. weight is quite nice to bring around

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    haha... thanks hor LKM... but, i think i won't sell it liao. kinda hard to find a good replacement for it, i realised...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

That is a very good deal.

Shucks man... Anyway if u intend to sell it again, pls pm me k.. I need a good tripod..

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    haha... thanks hor LKM... but, i think i won't sell it liao. kinda hard to find a good replacement for it, i realised...

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80
    Thanks for all the advices guys! I think its either a 055 or 190 for me liao.. Going home to do some more research..
    humm... 055 is indeed a good tripod ,
    however juz sold it recently as it's too heavy to carry around

Ya its a gd tripod..I was thinking of getting a 055 but after hearing so many ppl here said its too heavy to carry around, I abit scared liao.. Coz I not the very muscular type, think the camera and the tripod combined weight will kill me man.. 190 will be a better choice for me as it is lighter.. Any1 here with 190 to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by ivan
    humm... 055 is indeed a good tripod ,
    however juz sold it recently as it's too heavy to carry around

Blog Entries

Shucks man... Anyway if u intend to sell it again, pls pm me k.. I need a good tripod..
    haha... sorry man... was comparing the feisols (@ EG) and benros (fm the jack006's MO), and discovered dat, except for the weight, the models dat i was comparing with are more or less the same in terms of features. for some of the CF tripods, i need to get a separate center column so dat i can shoot low-angles, which my 190D can already do without the separate center column.

if the news is right, just wait for a while for the new batch of manfrottos to come in?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Note that it's only slightly lighter than the 055....

2.3kg for the 055
    1.9kg for the 190

and dun forget to add the weight for the ballhead or 3-way head.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Haha ok loh, if really cant get at B&S, may have to wait till July when shops have stocks.. Anyway thanks alot for the info about the tripod, really appreciated it..

haha... sorry man... was comparing the feisols (@ EG) and benros (fm the jack006's MO), and discovered dat, except for the weight, the models dat i was comparing with are more or less the same in terms of features. for some of the CF tripods, i need to get a separate center column so dat i can shoot low-angles, which my 190D can already do without the separate center column.

if the news is right, just wait for a while for the new batch of manfrottos to come in?

Blog Entries

Haha ok loh, if really cant get at B&S, may have to wait till July when shops have stocks.. Anyway thanks alot for the info about the tripod, really appreciated it..
    no sweat!

just remember to check the parts dat i was telling u abt, when someone offers his/her's for sale, yah?

Ya, but I guess when the load is very heavy, u will be happy even if it can be abit lighter.. I am thinking how long I can last walking around outside with the 2.3kg of the 055 plus head and my camera.. Thanks for the info zac08..

Quote Originally Posted by zac08
    Note that it's only slightly lighter than the 055....

2.3kg for the 055
    1.9kg for the 190

and dun forget to add the weight for the ballhead or 3-way head.

Ok I will take note.. Thanks bro..

no sweat!

just remember to check the parts dat i was telling u abt, when someone offers his/her's for sale, yah?

Look at your height. If you are tall, go for the 055, don't bother too much about the 400g different. Without the 400g, it is still too heavy to carry the 190 around for the whole day.

The tripod must be able to raise the camera to your eyes level without extending the center column. Raising the center column too high might reduce the stability of your setup.

Either you guys haven't gone through NS or have forgotten how heavy your equipment and weapons used to weigh.

Once you have carried an 055 or 190 out for a few outings, their weight becomes less of an issue. And you will find your general fitness improving with each outing.

Having said that, I wouldn't lug either on a holiday overseas. A monopod or smaller/lighter tripod would be a better alternative.

I know of a lady pro wedding Photog in her 50s who carries a 055 with 032 head, S3pro/70-200VR/SB800 and another S3pro/17-55 AFS/SB800 on her being while shooting - constantly switching between cameras and mounting them on the tripod. So all it takes is some exercise and fitness training and these tripods will not be such a burden.
    Last edited by Tetrode; 31st May 2006 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode
    Either you guys haven't gone through NS or have forgotten how heavy your equipment and weapons used to weigh.

Once you have carried an 055 or 190 out for a few outings, their weight becomes less of an issue. And you will find your general fitness improving with each outing.

Having said that, I wouldn't lug either on a holiday overseas. A monopod or smaller/lighter tripod would be a better alternative.

I know of a lady pro wedding Photog in her 50s who carries a 055 with 032 head, S3pro/70-200VR/SB800 and another S3pro/17-55 AFS/SB800 on her being while shooting - constantly switching between cameras and mounting them on the tripod. So all it takes is some exercise and fitness training and these tripods will not be such a burden.
    Eh... I carried one along for quite a few trips... and on quite a few, it was more of an extra (just in case piece of equipment) and while I may have increased my fitness slightly, I have since gave up and just bought myself a piece of monopod instead...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08
    Eh... I carried one along for quite a few trips... and on quite a few, it was more of an extra (just in case piece of equipment) and while I may have increased my fitness slightly, I have since gave up and just bought myself a piece of monopod instead...
    Like I said, for overseas holidays (where the general aim is to R & R), a monopod is a better alternative to lugging a heavy tripod. But for photo outings, a stable tripod should be standard equipment.

p.s. Manfrotto makes a self standing monopod which is only slightly heavier than their regular three piece monopod.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12