Thread: The Esplanade

Default The Esplanade

Has this angle been shot before?
    Feel this is a keeper for me for a 'hard to shoot' building...

c&c welcome...

Default Re: The Esplanade

not bad .. there was something similar but yours is more engaging and captivating.

one thing in my mind: to crop away the top, ie a straight cutting off the top without any indication of roof or sky, and another thciok black border like the bottom - to create a more abstract feel to the whole pic. Just a thot.

(can preview the effect by scrolling up the window until u dont see the sky. I think it will be a more intiguing pic.)
    Last edited by espion; 28th May 2006 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by espion
    not bad .. there was something similar but yours is more engaging and captivating.

one thing in my mind: to crop away the top, ie a straight cutting off the top without any indication of roof or sky, and another thciok black border like the bottom - to create a more abstract feel to the whole pic. Just a thot.

(can preview the effect by scrolling up the window until u dont see the sky. I think it will be a more intiguing pic.)
    thanks alot, I like that word 'captivating' alot...

hmm, u're right, a tighter crop will make the durian seem less durianish & more diamondish.... thanks again

anyone else? Was hoping to hear more comments...

Deregistered

When the top is cropped off, the "unbalance" caused by the doors or whatever light coloured panels on the left side will be noticed, and that takes away the beauty of the image.

But I like the door smack in the centre... just that the light coloured panels on the left (to the right of the centre door) is too distracting.

Can try fixing that in post.

thanks plastic. will retry with a polariser... I only saw the door after I took the foto....heh

Good shot - perhaps improve the sky by making it blue?

Very nice! I wouldn't crop away too much at the top -- I like the curve. Maybe just crop a little of the sky away, but leave the curve

very nice angle you have captured!

I like it. Was that as much of Esplanade that you could get? Anyway, nice framing, perhaps you could go back another day when the weather is nicer.

thanks for the feedback guys...

heh cliffy, I'm a bigger fan or your architecture work than my building shots, thanks =)

Ah, Thanks!!!!

I'm sure you are referring to my architecture photos right? Cos' I have yet to design a real building, hehe.

Good perspective.. but maybe alternate selection of colors will stand out.