Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bad experience at CP...or did i asked the wrong salesperson?

Blog Entries

Default Re: bad experience at CP...or did i asked the wrong salesperson?

CP has many mouths to feed .....that's why more expensive. Moreover the sales people are also on commission.

Quote Originally Posted by dr34mc4st3r
    relax dude...the 45 cents part wasn't the part where i judge their attitude like i said, i was trying my luck only. its like when u feel u r not valued as a customer that turned me off. (p.s. my EQ is ok thank you very much )

in the end i didn't get the bag...
    which part of your encounter tells you that you were not valued as a customer?

take it easy, life still goes on

if you want others to treat you nicely...be pro active...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Quote Originally Posted by Kho King
    take it easy, life still goes on

if you want others to treat you nicely...be pro active...
    I like it.

But I have just make them order a new lowepro bag for me.

Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    I like it.

But I have just make them order a new lowepro bag for me.
    right. try make friends with the sales person, and be friendly to them. I am sure they will treat back nicely

(sales person can be quite stressful sometimes... )
    DR KOH KHO KING

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten
    CP has many mouths to feed .....that's why more expensive. Moreover the sales people are also on commission.
    Everywhere sales person are on commission lor.

Your experience is one of the many bad experiences we all may have gone thru. So, I usually figure out the stuffs I wanna buy without any salesperson. If a person wants to serve me, I would usually say, "its okay, see see first". Dun like to be followed around and dun wanna them to waste time on me. It is only when I decide to get the product, then I look for a salesperson.

Quote Originally Posted by Kho King
    right. try make friends with the sales person, and be friendly to them. I am sure they will treat back nicely

(sales person can be quite stressful sometimes... )
    A personal experience of mine at CP quite a while ago, when buying a camera bag as well.

I got an equote for a crumpler budgie smuggler, the nikon edition, which was a nicer design and 20-30 dollars cheaper than the normal crumpler. Went on down 2 days later, a middle aged lady with short hair served me, looked at the e-quote, and told me they don't carry this "nikon" crumpler, only have the original crumpler. I asked her how is this possible when i have an e-quote from 2 days ago, and my friend had purchased one a week ago. She asked a colleague beside her, and to her surprise, he said yes, we have a few of those, kept in the storeroom behind. She looked genuinely surprised, so i gave her the benefit of the doubt. She went in for a while and came out again, told me. "no more already, sold out" and asked me to buy the normal, more expensive crumpler one. This time it was the guy colleague's turn to look surprised that there was "no stock". He even asked, did you look properly, there were still stocks yesterday, and the lady insisted no stock, and that she looked thru the room le.

It was clear to me that the lady was trying to earn more $$$$ selling the normal crumpler bag, instead of the Nikon crumpler, too bad for her that she didn't get her colleague to act along in advance.....Never bought anything from CP ever since.
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

I had a similar experience. Few years ago I when to buy a Nikon Coolpix 885. I ask for the black colur version the guy said that colur was selling only oveseas. however one of his colleague said they had the black one. it seems to me you have to press them to check before they dod anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui
    i guess you need to build certain customer-staff relation to enjoy good service. i get most of my stuff from MS Color. whenever i'm in the vicinity, i'll pop in just to have a chat with the people there. i don't usually buy on impulse. when i'm there, i have no problems getting them to bring out stuff for me to play and test (without any hints of buying).

for me, if the staff know you by name and not face alone, that is a good thing.
    I agree with that.

But I tried that and the salesmen told me the shop was not my home and so please don't come in everyday to enjoy air-con.

it seem that they had miscommunication with each other. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten
    which sales people don't have commission for making a sale?
    if no commission, sales people will simply tell you this: if you want, take it. don't want? take a hike!

I think I know which lady you guys are talking abt Anyone seen the young lady before? Think it's their manager or supervisor - quite pretty . Anyway, I normally approach the same gentleman when I go there - middle aged uncle - so I roughly know him quite well.

she take care of account and stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dr34mc4st3r
    i went to CP yest to get a lowepro bag for my camera. i asked one of the old ladies (because she was the only one nearest to me) there for help on the bag.
    i asked is there any warranty for the bag, the lady told me dun have, but can bring back and they can suggest places where the bag can be repaired. only usa got warranty.
    Never had a problem with Lowepro bags. Considering the budget, they've got one of the best bags around.

after some testing and deciding that the bag is sufficient for my needs, i brought out my equote for the bag.
    the price with gst was $xx.45. i asked the lady can forego the 45cents? (trying my luck) the lady replied by saying, the price can't be lower, can only be higher (wow, like you need to tell someone that).
    Aiyoyo... 0.45c oso hiam? Chin chai abit lahz bro.

expecting some more tricks, i asked can i get a new wrapped lowepro bag (because i brought out the display set for test), the lady asked another male salesperson whether there's any new bag, the guy gestured no, and thus the lady told me only left display set and that new stocks only coming in early june, so why not get this bag (in a non-chalant attitude).
    ohoho... dis one I gotten used to it. dat time wanna buy an Orion Mini beltpack the person at first over the phone say got stock (maybe forget to check, think have) and when I went over cannot find, the person said "Stocks coming next month." The 2nd time I went, the person said, "Hard to say." Maybe its becos different guy.

damn jia lat...like as though whether i buy the bag, will not affect cathay photo in any way. last few pleasant encounters with CP salespersons was wiped out by this experience...oh well
    So far, my experience with CP has been reasonably good. Be it when I'm in super dress down casual or when I'm in my office attire.

Maybe u're sway dat day. There are always one of those days u really feel that the whole world owes u $1m never return like dat u noe? Chill bro.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Never had a problem with Lowepro bags. Considering the budget, they've got one of the best bags around.
    no lah for me buying anything it's good to ask about warranty , and ya i trust lowepro that's why im going for one of their bags...

Aiyoyo... 0.45c oso hiam? Chin chai abit lahz bro.
    like i explained in one of the previous post, just trying my luck lah, it's ok that i didn't get the discount.

ohoho... dis one I gotten used to it. dat time wanna buy an Orion Mini beltpack the person at first over the phone say got stock (maybe forget to check, think have) and when I went over cannot find, the person said "Stocks coming next month." The 2nd time I went, the person said, "Hard to say." Maybe its becos different guy.
    just find it weird that is it that difficult for everyone to be slightly more consistent in what they say?
    anyway i guess this is the same for many other shops...so lan lan ...haha

So far, my experience with CP has been reasonably good. Be it when I'm in super dress down casual or when I'm in my office attire.

Maybe u're sway dat day. There are always one of those days u really feel that the whole world owes u $1m never return like dat u noe? Chill bro.
    i guess i might be a bit hot headed when i posted the topic...feeling better now no prob no worries haha....think it's time to go out and take some more photos to chill
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

Try to avoid depressing/pessimistic themes ok? Makes u feel worse instead.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Yah man.. chill is good.

No point getting worked up on things beyond your contol.

Photo shops are aplenty around town

I usually will approach the gentlemans, few of them are very helpfull.

Eh... I find that they are more friendly with the younger customers (coz they are the real money spender). The previous time I was there, the guy commented that the kids now buy things with their eyes closed... People like me, try this or test that then make that little purchase and still want to bargain some more. Whereas the younger customers tend to come in buy the top of the range and just say bye bye....

And that's really true. During my recent purchase of my new dSLR, the other salesman had chalked up to 4 times the amount of sales to only 2 other young customers.

My style is, if they don't want my business, I'll go other place... Unless, of course, they are the sole distributor...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast