Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NDP 2006 happenings

Deregistered

Default Re: NDP 2006 happenings

It's a personal call then. Would you want to be a non-attending person, and people show you shots from the show before you go? It's as close as reading spoilers of movies online - you know what to expect, but you risk ruining scrutinizing the show for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    It's a personal call then. Would you want to be a non-attending person, and people show you shots from the show before you go? It's as close as reading spoilers of movies online - you know what to expect, but you risk ruining scrutinizing the show for yourself.
    yah, good point.

hmmm.... so no posting until after 9 of August?

Deregistered

If you really want to post up as a non-working party, you could add something like [SPOILER ALERT] to the subject title

hahah...might as well post past year's NDP pictures held at the stadium

If I want to go and expect surprises, then I simply dont go and see people's photos loh!

This "media embargo" applies every year, and every year, tonnes of photos gets leaked out. And here I am speaking from the perspective of someone involved in the parade for about six times liao in various aspects: twice with the SAF (while serving NS), once with the SPF, and three times as a performer. I am sure my collection of photos didnt make a major impact in spoling the party for others!
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

Gosh... I wonder why some of you need to make such a big deal out of such a small issue. Get back on topic! Or are you just out to satisfy your ego and prove that you've got some really big guts? Sheez... *Shake head*

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyftk
    Gosh... I wonder why some of you need to make such a big deal out of such a small issue. Get back on topic! Or are you just out to satisfy your ego and prove that you've got some really big guts? Sheez... *Shake head*
    The topic is on NDP happenings, and I would think most people here are chiefly concerned about whether they can shoot away and post, so I doubt it can be considered a "small issue". A discussion on the ability to take photos for this event and post them is relevant and on topic as far as I am concerned. You have every liberty to disagree and ignore.

Deregistered

Or shall I try my best try to use another example:

If everyone had posted shots and had permission to move all over to place to shoot; then a lot of photographers on official duty at the event can go home already.

Or shall I try my best try to use another example:

If everyone had posted shots and had permission to move all over to place to shoot; then a lot of photographers on official duty at the event can go home already.
    I was an official photographer before, and no, my boss didnt tell me to go home despite all kinds of photos flying all over the place...I wish he had!

Anyway it hasent reached an extreme whereby everyone has "permission to move all over to place to shoot"...official photographers stilll have greatest liberty to move anywhere, and afterall, their output isnt always for general publicity. Organisers, participants, companies, etc do use them for their own purposes as well, so I am quite sure they will still be very much around.
    Last edited by huaiwei; 10th July 2006 at 11:16 PM.

I Agree with HuaiWei's view...

As an official of certain organisation or committee, u have your own tasking. U won't want to be an official and Committe "A", "B", "C" to ask u for different photos where u have your own task to complete... it will be like the old pharse, "paying peanuts for monkey"...

As for posting of photos, if the official photographer wanted to SHOW off their work, by all means, it just show that they are not professional to keep their work for their clients. Whose client wants to see the effort or what they have pay for see on the net without their permission or even they have not used it... They pay for u to post on the net and let it run wild??

U can make one person happy, but can u make everyone happy??
    Last edited by photo_kbc; 11th July 2006 at 12:29 AM.

Heard from news that this coming saturday got fireworks. Anyone can verify?
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Deregistered

Definitely yes, but to what extent, this is not known. The Primary 5 kids will be at the Stadium for the NE Show this Saturday. 29th is the Preview, so you can expect to see even more fireworks.

Definitely yes, but to what extent, this is not known. The Primary 5 kids will be at the Stadium for the NE Show this Saturday. 29th is the Preview, so you can expect to see even more fireworks.
    That's the prob, but i'll still go and standby.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

hi,

anyone knows if it's possible to enter the staduim to view the rehearsal tiz coming 22 and 29/7 as i was thinking of bringing my kids down to experience it as we haven't got tickets to the actual event. thnx

29th is definitely out as it's the Preview show. 22nd not too sure you can get in as the access control may be in place.

Access is restricted to passholders from the NE show onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by tca27
    hi,

anyone knows if it's possible to enter the staduim to view the rehearsal tiz coming 22 and 29/7 as i was thinking of bringing my kids down to experience it as we haven't got tickets to the actual event. thnx
    So this coming saturday (22nd) also got fireworks???

if there's no full fireworks then maybe i'm giving it a miss. run down all the way just for low level fireworks that lasts only for few mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy
    if there's no full fireworks then maybe i'm giving it a miss. run down all the way just for low level fireworks that lasts only for few mins.
    This saturday's rehearsal is not a costumed one. So I doubt there wil be big fireworks.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast