Thread: Which is a better way to get to Johor airport?

Default Which is a better way to get to Johor airport?

Need some advice to get to Johor Bahru aiport and take a domestic flight. Hope to collect some opinions regarding transportation. I got a few choices:

1. Take a cab from Bugis directly to the airport, fast and convenient, S$60;
    2. Take public transport (say 193) to 2nd link and then take a cab to airport, not sure about the price. But I can shoot some landscape shots of the bridge, quite nice.
    3. Take a coach, but timing seems not good.
    4. ??

Anyone can share some experience regarding transportation? Flight will be at night around 9:40pm.

thx

Default Re: Which is a better way to get to Johor airport?

Hi tepanyaki master

Since you will be saving a substantial amount by flying from the Senai International airport and you'll probably be carrying luggage, I suggest that you take the taxi from Rochor (opposite Bugis). Fats, convenient and more relaxing. Public transport is highly unreliable, especially buses and I don't think you wanna run the risk of missing your flight just so to save a bit on the way to Senai Airport.

BTW, enjoy your holiday

Originally posted by tomshen
    Need some advice to get to Johor Bahru aiport and take a domestic flight. Hope to collect some opinions regarding transportation. I got a few choices:

1. Take a cab from Bugis directly to the airport, fast and convenient, S$60;
    2. Take public transport (say 193) to 2nd link and then take a cab to airport, not sure about the price. But I can shoot some landscape shots of the bridge, quite nice.
    3. Take a coach, but timing seems not good.
    4. ??

Anyone can share some experience regarding transportation? Flight will be at night around 9:40pm.

thx

Blog Entries

Go to Copthorne Orchid Hotel (the one near Newton Circus / Newton MRT - i mention this because there are a number of Orchid Hotels. Easiest if you take cab there and say "Orchid Hotel to take the bus to Malaysia") - Malaysia Airlines run regulars buses from this hotel direct to Senai Airport.

You can even check in for your flight here so there's a margin of safety here.

Blog Entries

Another option :-

Take MRT to Kranji and then from there take Bus 170 to Causeway.

Cross the Causeway and catch a cab from JB City Centre to Senai.

Hi funksoulava and Darren,

Thanks a lot for yr kind advice!!! Seems direct cab is a better choice. But 2nd link not good? The bridge over there is very beautiful and last time I didn't have a tripod with me so missed a very very beautiful sunset around 7pm, thinking of capturing it this round, then i got another 2.5 hrs travelling from 2nd link to airport, is it good or risky? I was told it takes 15mins by cab from 2nd link to airport so seems plenty of time left.

Originally posted by tomshen
    Hi funksoulava and Darren,

Thanks a lot for yr kind advice!!! Seems direct cab is a better choice. But 2nd link not good? The bridge over there is very beautiful and last time I didn't have a tripod with me so missed a very very beautiful sunset around 7pm, thinking of capturing it this round, then i got another 2.5 hrs travelling from 2nd link to airport, is it good or risky? I was told it takes 15mins by cab from 2nd link to airport so seems plenty of time left.
    Just be careful. If you stop to shoot, firstly, you'll obstruct traffic. Secondly, you might be so absorbed in shooting that you forget about the flight you need to rush for and miss it..........