Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: More Tiger Airways saga...

Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

Quote Originally Posted by maleman
    Yes, I understand that it is in their terms and conditions. But my point is not whether I can break the rules or not. What I'd really like to know, is the consequences for flaunting this particular rule.

We all have heard how passengers have been arrested and charged for air-rage, molest of attendants, being a nuisance etc etc.

But if we sit quietly in our seat, eating our own food, what can they do to us? Yes, we are breaking the rule, while quietly sitting down buckled in our seats, will they use enforce their rule and forcibly confiscate our food and water bottle ?
    If you insist on eating your food, there is nothing much the crew can do. No laws are broken, only the airline's terms and conditions. All they can do is keep bugging you until you get tired or embarrassed. They can't resort to violence. But maybe they will tag you as an undesired passenger and you may be refused boarding on your return or next flight!

Jetstarasia previously allows passengers to bring their own food. I don't know why their website now says you can only consume food bought from them. Probably they had no business up in the air.

On seating, I much prefer Jetstarsia's allocated seating. Free seating is a nightmare for those going in groups, especially those with young children. I thought even for Tiger, they will allow those with children to board first.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra5
    What are you all complaining about. That's why it's called a budget carrier. You pay peanuts, you get peanuts! if you want more, pay more!! you cheap Buggers!!!
    waaahh powerrrr!!!!not too sure abt cheap tickets..i got a ticket to clark for 380sgd.is that cheap?i wouldnt take it if not for the convinience of 30 min drive from my place.
    and ull be surprise the tiger employees in clark are lot helpful than here.ooh minus e aircrew.

Just received email from Tiger Airways that my july flight to Darwin is brought forward by 2 hours..... Sian man, I am gonna do in Darwin at 2am.....

My departure time from Darwin also change to 3 am.

Quote Originally Posted by tofie
    The Tax is $220++, more Ex than air ticket. I have just book my trip in July.
    er....i think budget airline got to paid more fuel and tax than others..

going bangkok with Finnair tax and fuel charge is $55, if go by tiger tax and fuel is $90
    Finnair bigger plane, t1.. tiger much smaller plane, budget terminal..

wtf... a first class fuel and tax on a budget airline..pui..knn..

personally i dont see the rationale in taking budget airline(s) if im going on a holiday meaning i'll have quite abit of extra cash lor. there to relax n unwind and probably opting for a less hassle way to travel dont blast me ........just my personal views.

of course if going there on biz trips and on tight budget, it'll be a different story. but hey.. sometimes it does pay to fork out a bit more money.
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Quote Originally Posted by silverfrond
    just came back from a phuket shoot and the company booked tiger airways. oh gawd~

3. pressure control in the plane was very bad. every one got their ears hurting and mine made worse because i was having the flu.

no wonder the last time i took the plane ears are painful.. thought something is wrong with me.

Quote Originally Posted by tks
    Jetstarasia previously allows passengers to bring their own food. I don't know why their website now says you can only consume food bought from them. Probably they had no business up in the air.
    I just travelled to HK between 17th to 24th July on Jetstar.
    Yes, en-route to HK, Jetstar announced on the plane cannot eat outside food.
    One flight attended requested a maid & child seated next to me cannot eat their burger.

But, returning from HK, there wasn't such an announcement. Saw a guy eating his
    outside bread, and a stewardess walking pass did not say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    no wonder the last time i took the plane ears are painful.. thought something is wrong with me.
    CMI lar you, i took Tiger Airways to and fro, no problem leh

If you think Tiger Airways is out of line try AirAsia, then you will know the difference. AirAsia do not give anything when they are delayed. You are not even allowed to complain. Next time you fly LCCs, compare the net price (they normally publish the basic cost) with the regular carriers, the amount you save sometimes is not worth the cost if there is a delay which is the usual case with LCCs. Read the fine lines and you will know.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567