Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: More Tiger Airways saga...

Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

I would use another airline if there were any cheaper. But Tiger happens to be the cheapest. Maybe I should just swim instead.
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    I would use another airline if there were any cheaper. But Tiger happens to be the cheapest. Maybe I should just swim instead.
    What about Jetstar asia, prices range from $58-$199 and tiger airways price is around $60-$90 from what ive just checked, so actually, you could fly even cheaper with Jetstar!!!

And swiming to Bangkok, be realistic!

I had an enjoyable flight to darwin in april with my family. My only grouse was having to wait standing in a line in the budget terminal while waiting to board the plane. For the price of 50 dollars two way (airport tax and surcharge another two hundred) i cannot complain.
    http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com

How long did you waited in the queue for your Darwin flight?

I am going there in July.. $50x2 for return tickets.

I hate the return flight timing, which is at 5am in the morning!!! How to wake up!!!!

just came back from a phuket shoot and the company booked tiger airways. oh gawd~

1. must check in by 6am in sg. so had to take a midnight cab (my house is really far) and it amounted to $33.50. right. talk about money saving

2. boss bought us food from airport to takeout. went up airplane and they immediately announced that we couldnt eat food that wasnt bought from the plane itself.

3. pressure control in the plane was very bad. every one got their ears hurting and mine made worse because i was having the flu.

4. stewardess were neither pretty (throw ur photoshoot dreams of them outta the window) nor friendly.. and not very polite either. one even proceeded to argue with me about eating my own food on the plane.

now, i have to go to krabi in july and guess what.. the only airline that flies there from singapore is..... TIGER....

screw this man. the airline really needs to get its act together

Quote Originally Posted by silverfrond
    4. stewardess were neither pretty (throw ur photoshoot dreams of them outta the window) nor friendly.. and not very polite either
    Seems like Tiger stewardess attitude is like 'so all you passengers are cheap-skate customers, so don't expect good service from us. Just sit down, eat our food, keep quiet and leave when we land."

Or it's like, 'We are a budget low-cost airline. We don't waste money training our staff to give good service. So don't expect to fly on time, or be given good and friendly service."

Quote Originally Posted by honda
    I had an enjoyable flight to darwin in april with my family. My only grouse was having to wait standing in a line in the budget terminal while waiting to board the plane. For the price of 50 dollars two way (airport tax and surcharge another two hundred) i cannot complain.
    http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com
    sorri of the OT.
    is it true that the airport tax at darwin is $300?
    wanting to go but was told of such high taxes

mmmm I think Philip has his rights to grouse about the matter, I mean a delay from 7plus morning to 3 plus afternoon?? Even if your suppliers do that to you at work, you also will get pissed off right?

Althought must say that if the airline has rules to say cannot bring outside food, then they are right in enforcing it.

To those who think that since its cheap, one shouldnt complain.. mmmm that's very wrong. These are service providers, what are important are not your one off customer especially when your rates are so low but heavy volume of return business and referrals. You cannot afford million dollar advertising campaigns so you depend on satisfied customers to advertise for you. The moment you think $%#&$ you pay peanuts, you expect SQ service??? That's the start of your biz's downfall. I will say I give you no more than 3 years to survive esp when the big airlines find ways to bring down costs and in turn offer cheaper rates. They will kill you.

Although fares are cheap, hence no frills in the sense of comforts like TV screens etc. Basic needs have to be fufill, the first one being courtesy. If you forget that your pay comes from that customer sitting in his or her seat. then you are really foolish. When you are polite but firm, people will be more respectful of you rather than if you scream and shout.

One good example would be this incident I encountered yesterday. I went to order guo tie (Fried dumplings) from this supposely famous stall. I said to take away and I will be back to collect it. After ten minutes, I came back and saw the cook having an arguement with the order taking an old man. He was saying something about... I need time to cook, dont keep hurrying me. When he old man saw me... he pointed to me and said to the cook. His is guo tie... the cook gave me a look that if looks could kill, I would be dead and shouted in mandarin.. NOT YET NOT YET!!! HAVENT READY!! I ALREADY SAID DONT KEEP HURRYING ME!! what I did was I just stared at him back and said.... its okay I dont want it anymore and walk away. and its your loss not mine..... To me I dont mind waiting but I dont like to be shouted at......

just came back from a phuket shoot and the company booked tiger airways. oh gawd~

1. must check in by 6am in sg. so had to take a midnight cab (my house is really far) and it amounted to $33.50. right. talk about money saving
    maybe take a bus to the airport around midnite to save $30 sleep at the airport, air-con, music,toilet, free PUB water, etc..

2. boss bought us food from airport to takeout. went up airplane and they immediately announced that we couldnt eat food that wasnt bought from the plane itself.
    eat at 6am after checking in and before boarding .... toilet got drinkable water ...

3. pressure control in the plane was very bad. every one got their ears hurting and mine made worse because i was having the flu.
    keep talking or singing so that you dont get this problem...

4. stewardess were neither pretty (throw ur photoshoot dreams of them outta the window) nor friendly.. and not very polite either. one even proceeded to argue with me about eating my own food on the plane.
    budget airline only got budget stewardess ...
    u r lucky that she didnt check or argue whether you swallow your own saliva ..

now, i have to go to krabi in july and guess what.. the only airline that flies there from singapore is..... TIGER....
    unfortunately there is no VIRGIN around ....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    mmmm I think Philip has his rights to grouse about the matter, I mean a delay from 7plus morning to 3 plus afternoon?? Even if your suppliers do that to you at work, you also will get pissed off right?

To those who think that since its cheap, one shouldnt complain.. mmmm that's very wrong.

Although fares are cheap, hence no frills in the sense of comforts like TV screens etc. Basic needs have to be fufill, the first one being courtesy. If you forget that your pay comes from that customer sitting in his or her seat. then you are really foolish. When you are polite but firm, people will be more respectful of you rather than if you scream and shout.
    Ok, you may be pissed, but look at what your paying, $50 dollars for a return flight. That is outragously cheap. Convert that to where Iam from and that barely buys you 2 CD's or even a dinner for 2. You cannot complain about delays and bad manners from a service like this that flies you where u want to go for basically nothing. If you are lucky enough to be able to afford the 'better' carriers which charge alot of money then they do have to deliver as the customers will be even more pissed off as they have spent 500+++ on a ticket!

I agree with you in the fact that it is foolish to forget that the person sitting in that seat is a paying customer, but in this case you are barely a paying customer.

IMHO, you cannot complain about a service that in the end benefits you as a customer. My advice, pay the cheap fare, and shut up about the delays and rude employees. Or dont pay the fare and dont fly with an airline people know is ****.
    Last edited by wildstallion; 4th June 2006 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    Ok, you may be pissed, but look at what your paying, $50 dollars for a return flight. That is outragously cheap. Convert that to where Iam from and that barely buys you 2 CD's or even a dinner for 2. You cannot complain about delays and bad manners from a service like this that flies you where u want to go for basically nothing. If you are lucky enough to be able to afford the 'better' carriers which charge alot of money then they do have to deliver as the customers will be even more pissed off as they have spent 500+++ on a ticket!

I agree with you in the fact that it is foolish to forget that the person sitting in that seat is a paying customer, but in this case you are barely a paying customer.

IMHO, you cannot complain about a service that in the end benefits you as a customer. My advice, pay the cheap fare, and shut up about the delays and rude employees. Or dont pay the fare and dont fly with an airline people know is ****.

you are right! i cannot pay 50 bucks and expect SIA 1st class service where they even know yr name once you get to yr seat.

however, having said that, it is also wrong to said this passanger pay only 50 bucks. so who cares ?!

you offered be it 50$ or 5000$,this is a fair trade. u offer and i take up base our trading agreement.

ofcoz, as a customer, be reasonable abt yr asking. with $50, understand that there are certain limitation. and as a service provider it is yr responsibility to offer me the best you could within yr limits.

therefore, i strongly disgaree that a budget carrier can provide louzy service and juz beoz i'm paying 50$ i have to juz acccept what ever that happen.

I must first say that well, i kinda agree that "u pay peanuts, u get monkeys". But wait, there is some basic things that we need to get it fixed. Just some basic things that my neighbourhood kid knows better than the tigresses.

Do u actually think that just becos u pay low = entitle u to be scolded and being stared at and being treated as a kindergarten kid?
    and
    One question for u:
    How much does it cost to anyone to be at least be a little mere courteous towards others?

Does it take a person more saliva and use more facial muscle to be just that little bit more gentle when talking. Do u mean that for the so called "prestigious" flight like SIA, the stewardesses had attended courses so that they will know how to exhibit basic courtesy? Then for the tiger airways, they never take courtesy courses and thus they can be rude?

This is BASIC courtesy we are talking about here and what has been exhibited by them are not deemed to be courtesy, thats absurb rudeness!
    [And i believe that no one will disagree with me that standing there and staring and yelling at u to keep ur food away is an act of a newborn?]
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    I must first say that well, i kinda agree that "u pay peanuts, u get monkeys". But wait, there is some basic things that we need to get it fixed. Just some basic things that my neighbourhood kid knows better than the tigresses.

Do u actually think that just becos u pay low = entitle u to be scolded and being stared at and being treated as a kindergarten kid?
    and
    One question for u:
    How much does it cost to anyone to be at least be a little mere courteous towards others?

Does it take a person more saliva and use more facial muscle to be just that little bit more gentle when talking. Do u mean that for the so called "prestigious" flight like SIA, the stewardesses had attended courses so that they will know how to exhibit basic courtesy? Then for the tiger airways, they never take courtesy courses and thus they can be rude?

This is BASIC courtesy we are talking about here and what has been exhibited by them are not deemed to be courtesy, thats absurb rudeness!
    [And i believe that no one will disagree with me that standing there and staring and yelling at u to keep ur food away is an act of a newborn?]
    I actually do believe that the SIA crew will go through more hospitality training than the Tiger crew, simply because their passangers are paying more money and are seen to be more prestigous (high up businessmen etc).
    (Now before anyone starts flaming about being rich and poor etc bullshit i do realise that this is wrong, but it is most probably the case)

I know that people expect common courtesy, i know i would even with Tiger, but maybe, most customers are not nice and pleasant to the crew? Maybe the crew have had bad experiences with most of the customers? Or maybe they are paid peanuts for what they do and hate their jobs?

Just bear it, your saving money, lots of money, who cares if they are nice, im sure you will get over it.

If you want to be treated well then it looks like money counts with Tiger VS SIA

And if you dont like it, you could always learn how to fly!

Quote Originally Posted by jtnet
    sorri of the OT.
    is it true that the airport tax at darwin is $300?
    wanting to go but was told of such high taxes

The Tax is $220++, more Ex than air ticket. I have just book my trip in July.

Whether it is a budget airline or not, Customer service level must meet.

And if you dont like it, you could always learn how to fly!
    A kite?

Remembering in 2003 when the budget airline concept took flight in Singapore, they referred to the need that passengers need no additional frills, just something like a bus to transport them from point A to B, therefore allowing cheaper fares. Well, I'm personally quite surprised at the standards of Tiger Airways judging from the replies in this thread which I think should be more suited to Air Asia (No offence).

Since there are talks that you have to be prepared for such delays since you are paying peanuts for it, and going back to the original concept of budget airlines, I doubt that SBS Transit as a public bus provider provides such terrible service as the bus captains are normally quite friendly and buses run punctually almost all the time. Also the fact that many other budget carriers as mentioned, are very punctual.

Giving a packet of instant noodles as compensation without any hot water/means to prepare it just shows that the management isn't thinking, as its basically useless as a form of compensation, unless as some forum members had mentioned, budget airline means budget (token) compensation.

Its true that some passengers, not necessary Asians but I had seen many a few expats exhibiting such uncouth behaviour and equally guilty as well, are very demanding and fierce whilst forgetting that they are travelling on a flying bus, literally. However, its on the onus of the stewardess to exhibit personal pride in their job despite the pay and flight allowance (does this means that NSFs can be rude and haphazard in their work? Some are, but I, as well as many others definitely do not believe in that!).

Afterall, the air stewardess have to remember that they are still representing the company and as a Singaporean carrier as well, which would make a first impression on foreign visitors of what Singaporeans would be like generally.

Just like public/private transport operators enforce the no food no drink policy on board their vehicles, I agree that they have every right to ensure that nobody consumes their own food on board the aircraft. But as mentioned in the previous paragraph, I believe that there are much better ways to enforce the rules, including saying "Please" and "Thank You". Its just some basic courtesy on their part and I'm sure they wouldn't wish to be snapped at if they are the passenger instead. I think most carriers do give allowances for certain things, such as drinking from your own water bottle instead of buying from them. However, I would personally accidentally spill a fair bit of water on her uniform if the stewardess concerned snaps at me for not buying their overpriced bottle of Evian. Even restaurants allows this basic right.

Lastly, some full service carriers can be cheaper than budget carriers (tax inclusive) during certain seasons, so I don't think budget airline fares are outrageously cheap. Its just creative accounting from the way I view it. For example, Finnair's return ticket to Bangkok is $130 during the off peak season, with $67 tax (yes I got it before last year) and its very comparable to Tiger or Jetstar Asia's with their tax of $100++ but with cheap fares. As far as I know, the insurance and fuel tax which comprise the main bulk of the total taxes, are set by the airline itself and not the destination/departure airports.

Just my few cents worth on this issue.
    Last edited by dolphinworkz; 4th June 2006 at 11:30 PM.

What are you all complaining about. That's why it's called a budget carrier. You pay peanuts, you get peanuts! if you want more, pay more!! you cheap Buggers!!!

Did he come back already?

Quote Originally Posted by sierra5
    What are you all complaining about. That's why it's called a budget carrier. You pay peanuts, you get peanuts! if you want more, pay more!! you cheap Buggers!!!
    So you means pay peanuts will get peanuts. Same as pay less so no good customer service and pay more will have good customer service.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast