Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: More Tiger Airways saga...

Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    There is too much moaning here, you know tiger airways is a budget airline, you have complained about their service before, why do u choose to fly with them? My guess isnt the 5 star food but the cheap price, if u want a cheap price expect the wait, if u dont want to wait, pay for 'better' carrier such as SIA

Have a nice flight!
    I remember a time when Singaporeans just quietly accept everything, very gua-gua (obedient) and don't complain, other people describe us as "obedient robots". Now we complain when there's a reason to, people call us "moaners". We can't win, can we?

Just because I pay budget fares doesn't mean I can't complain. Even at budget prices, there is a service level they must meet. Wait til you are the one affected.
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by maleman
    Just wondering, if we are caught eating our own food (personal sandwich), and the stewardess caught us and told us off, and we just ignore them and continue eating it quietly, what will happen? They can't throw throw us out of the plane. Will they have us arrested when we land , just over a sandwich?
    To be fair, that is their terms and conditions, and selling food on board is one of their way to boost their income, so personally I don't think it's fair to the airline if you bring your own food.......

Just wondering, if we are caught eating our own food (personal sandwich), and the stewardess caught us and told us off, and we just ignore them and continue eating it quietly, what will happen? They can't throw throw us out of the plane. Will they have us arrested when we land , just over a sandwich?
    You can do whatever things you want to do just don't let them see you lor. They have their duty to do and we also can have our way to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Constitutionally no law has been passed banning eating your own food in a plane.

If you are arrested after landing, they have to prove in court that the food you chewed was not the food you regugitated.

I think the budget airlines also look unfavourably upon you if you pass motions from the food you eat prior boarding as the toilet facility onboard is meant only for discharge from food and drink bought onboard.

By the way I am not a lawyer.
    Is the air free to breathe inside the Tiger aeroplane?

Confiscate your food & drinks on the spot then you know!
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonnew
    To be fair, that is their terms and conditions, and selling food on board is one of their way to boost their income, so personally I don't think it's fair to the airline if you bring your own food.......
    Yes, I understand that it is in their terms and conditions. But my point is not whether I can break the rules or not. What I'd really like to know, is the consequences for flaunting this particular rule.

We all have heard how passengers have been arrested and charged for air-rage, molest of attendants, being a nuisance etc etc.

But if we sit quietly in our seat, eating our own food, what can they do to us? Yes, we are breaking the rule, while quietly sitting down buckled in our seats, will they use enforce their rule and forcibly confiscate our food and water bottle ?

But if we sit quietly in our seat, eating our own food, what can they do to us? Yes, we are breaking the rule, while quietly sitting down buckled in our seats, will they use enforce their rule and forcibly confiscate our food and water bottle ?
    Legally if you start a fight and hammer the waitress who confiscates your food and drink, you will have to prove in court that she is a robber and you are defending your rights as a citizen of this proud nation.

Again I am no lawyer.

Now, confiscating the things u bought might not be possible. After all, confiscating something means taking away things that you own. They may not be empowered to do that. It really depends on what you signed off on the terms and condition.

Lets say on the terms and condition, they stated that they can throw u off the plane for infringement of any term, example no eating of outside food on the plane, and u accepted that term. Than they might be able to throw u off the plane mid-flight. Provided that they are reasonablily sure that you will not die on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by Ren_Hao
    Lets say on the terms and condition, they stated that they can throw u off the plane for infringement of any term, example no eating of outside food on the plane, and u accepted that term. Than they might be able to throw u off the plane mid-flight. Provided that they are reasonablily sure that you will not die on the way down
    I think it's best to read the fine prints of the terms and conditions you sign whether there'll be an insurance policy for you taken by the airline in the event that you're thrown from the plane mid air. And also any stipulation that a safety protection will be provided for your safe landing e.g. parachute, hot-air baloon etc.

And also seek clarification that should you incur loss of life in such enfored free air landing, who will inherit your dslr and L lenses left on the airplane seat? The air hostress who pushes you down or the captain of the plane or would they be sold via CS Buy and Sell?

Again I am not a lawyer.

I guess the fine prints of the terms and conditions will say something like this:
    "For safety reasons dangerous goods shall not be carried as part of passenger's baggage..."
    I am also not a lawyer, so I dont know the definition of dangerous goods, maybe yr own food and water is classified as dangerous goods?

Dun forget that you're dealing with a Tiger, not a pussy cat.....

Tigers are supposed to be very fierce... and BTW, their stewardess wear tiger strip uniform so that they look a wee bit fierce.....
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Yes, I understand that it is in their terms and conditions. But my point is not whether I can break the rules or not. What I'd really like to know, is the consequences for flaunting this particular rule.

We all have heard how passengers have been arrested and charged for air-rage, molest of attendants, being a nuisance etc etc.

I don't think they can arrest you but I have seen them request to people that they hold on to their food until they touch down, much like the early days of the cinemas in Bugis Junction.

Not saying you are lke that, but if one is really hungry,just buy food from them and get on with your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I think it's best to read the fine prints of the terms and conditions you sign whether there'll be an insurance policy for you taken by the airline in the event that you're thrown from the plane mid air. And also any stipulation that a safety protection will be provided for your safe landing e.g. parachute, hot-air baloon etc.

And also seek clarification that should you incur loss of life in such enfored free air landing, who will inherit your dslr and L lenses left on the airplane seat? The air hostress who pushes you down or the captain of the plane or would they be sold via CS Buy and Sell?

Again I am not a lawyer.

Too bad I have got no L lense for them to inherit..........yet.............haahaa

example:

i booked a flight from singapore 09:50 to macau 13:30. by right, I can have breakfast before 9am, and have lunch after 2pm.

but what if they delayed the flight for 1.5 hours? meaning fly at 11:20 and land at 15:00. means must board the plane before around 11. 10am is too early for lunch, and 15:30 is too late... and nothing much to eat at the terminal somemore

so can we request them to give us hot water in the plane to cook the instant noodles they compansated (if any)? or must buy the hot water from them? even the instant noodles is not enough to fill someone's stomach... so we are forced to buy lunch from them, and u know their menu is so limited

Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    I remember a time when Singaporeans just quietly accept everything, very gua-gua (obedient) and don't complain, other people describe us as "obedient robots". Now we complain when there's a reason to, people call us "moaners". We can't win, can we?

Just because I pay budget fares doesn't mean I can't complain. Even at budget prices, there is a service level they must meet. Wait til you are the one affected.
    You have personally complained about Tiger before and yet you still fly with them, this is why i used the comment "moaning", you have other options, you know tiger is bad yet u still fly with them and expect a certain standard level. They have a standard level, they got u from place A to place B, eventually, if you know how bad they are and you still fly with them then you brought it on yourself and I have absolutly no sympathy, maybe if it was your first encounter with them, but it is not.

I wont be the one affected, i wont fly tiger, id rather pay for SIA and then i get great service and they have a bigger obligation to please customers. If you pay alot for the type of service SIA or BA etc offer and then you get treated like s*** then u can moan away!

You get what you pay for and im not saying singaporeans cant win, i dunno where the hell you got that from!
    Last edited by wildstallion; 31st May 2006 at 08:11 PM.

You have personally complained about Tiger before and yet you still fly with them, this is why i used the comment "moaning", you have other options, you know tiger is bad yet u still fly with them and expect a certain standard level. They have a standard level, they got u from place A to place B, eventually, if you know how bad they are and you still fly with them then you brought it on yourself and I have absolutly no sympathy, maybe if it was your first encounter with them, but it is not.

I wont be the one affected, i wont fly tiger, id rather pay for SIA and then i get great service and they have a bigger obligation to please customers. If you pay alot for the type of service SIA or BA etc offer and then you get treated like s*** then u can moan away!

You get what you pay for and im not saying singaporeans cant win, i dunno where the hell you got that from!
    Ya man, beside tiger there are Jet@Asia, AirAsia and valueAir to choose.. Can choose SIA or Thai Airline and ..... more ...

Yes, I know you won't fly Tiger... You're an expat... You earn the big bucks. Unfortunately, us locals with our little bit of pay will have to look out for the cheapest deals, like it or not.

So only the rich are allowed to moan? Us cheapos just sit there and take it as it comes, huh?

Money talks.
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

I guess if folk want to post a moan in public they have to be prepared to take the brickbats and naysayers. For the internet to work as a self-regulated medium it needs to be a 2-way street, not merely people posting their complaints. Just read today's papers Home section for some insights.

Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    Yes, I know you won't fly Tiger... You're an expat... You earn the big bucks. Unfortunately, us locals with our little bit of pay will have to look out for the cheapest deals, like it or not.

So only the rich are allowed to moan? Us cheapos just sit there and take it as it comes, huh?

Money talks.
    Where are you getting all this from? Where, in any of my statements have i said that "poor" people cannot moan but the "rich" can? Stop changing my words round to mean something else! What iam saying is that if you know the service is absolute shite (which you do) and u still continue to use it then you are not helping yourself at all. There are many other 'cheaper' carries other than tiger airways, why not use them? why do u continue to give tiger airways your hard earned money if they continuesly dont deliver what u expect? You know how bad they were before you booked your ticket. You knew how bad they were when u arrived at the airport. Yet knowing all this you still fly with them and you still moan about it. Stop giving them you business and use another airline! Its not that challenging.

whoa~ getting very heated~!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast