Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More Tiger Airways saga...

Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

You get what you pay for, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Funny
    Can claim $100 for each full 8 consecuive hrs of delay for AIA. For other company. I hav no idea!
    Promoting your service?
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    True, I do not expect 3 course meals, freshly squeezed orange juice, feather pillows nor wool blankets ... none of the luxury we are so accustomed to SQ. However, I do expect the flying bus to leave on time!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

just like the saying goes. 'you pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys' you just got expect the best services from this kind of cheap stuff. you win some and yes you'll loose some.

Go back hm rest 1st loh n can claim fr travel delay if u buy travel insurance.
    i thought you neighbour with him..never ask him to buy huh..

the last time i take tiger, not bad leh. only delay 10 min for take off and prompt on return. maybe you need some prayer before going..

Take care and enjoy your trip..

My home-studio is very near airport, next time got such delay can invite the air stewardess to come over for a photo shoot before flying off. (apology for the cheap advertising )

Usually for these budget carriers, their planes are fully utilised everyday. So if one of the planes is down because of technical fault, it is very difficult for them to find a replacement. It is also not likely that they will be able to transfer you to another airlines cos of the low fare that you have paid.

Can claim $100 for each full 8 consecuive hrs of delay for AIA. For other company. I hav no idea!
    Not sure if you can claim for local delays ... I know this is the "going market rate" for delays if you are overseas ... And in order to claim, you also need a statement or an admission from the airlines that the flight was delayed ... Quite a tedious procedure to get your $100 ... but i m not saying don't do it ... BEcause the $100 would have effectively covered the amount that you paid for the insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    My home-studio is very near airport, next time got such delay can invite the air stewardess to come over for a photo shoot before flying off. (apology for the cheap advertising )
    Next time I got delayed, will call you with the stewardesses in tow
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    The thing that got me was, they knew immediately, how long the delay would be, but still wont tell us.
    Usually in cases of such delays, the airlines will never tell you how long is the delay ... even when they know it already. This "delay for half hour" and then "delay another 3 hours" tactics is just to buy time for them to find alternatives ...

For full fledge carriers, they can negotiate with other carriers to take their passengers or to find an alternative route for the passengers or to arrange for hotels for the passengers. Keeping them in the "greys" (i wouldn't call it the dark) gives the airlines time to work and also hopes to pacify the passengers; so that they are not so aggressive and demanding ...

Wah die liao, i bought a ticket 2 bangkok, evening flight... Hopefully no delay... If not maybe hav 2 stay there overnite liao....

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean
    Not sure if you can claim for local delays ... I know this is the "going market rate" for delays if you are overseas ... And in order to claim, you also need a statement or an admission from the airlines that the flight was delayed ... Quite a tedious procedure to get your $100 ... but i m not saying don't do it ... BEcause the $100 would have effectively covered the amount that you paid for the insurance.
    Nt veri sure! I only state wat is in the brochure I had on hand nw. Is up to individual if u find it is nt worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    WAH PIANGZ!!!!!!!

Now delayed to 1500hrs!!! My whole day gone!!!

I've already written to the press over Tiger Airways.... Now it seems like I have to take a full page ad to get a reply!!!
    Probably you will get a free ticket after this ... or maybe why dont you ask for the stewardess and take a cab to Loyang's studio ... should be enough time to come back by 1500 (or maybe another delay to 2355?) I will go buy the Changi famous nasi lemak and meet you there if you want to..... Astin, get ready!
    always the Light, .... always.

[QUOTE=bumortic]just like the saying goes. 'you pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys' ........QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Next time I got delayed, will call you with the stewardesses in tow
    hope u don't tow a monkey along....

Oh no.. sounds like Tiger Airways is really lousy.. I'm gonna use their service soon..
    but the last few times when i use Tiger they seemed okie... hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Jacq
    Did they give you a reason for delay?

if you go to the website, you will realise there is absolutely no way for you to contact Tigerairways, the only person you could talk to is the ticketing agent, and they will give you a standard answer "I don't know". I hope it's not another contract issue, or else be prepared to get on the flight tonight or tomorrow........

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    I agree, but i don't think they have claimed that we will be expecting delays and sorts. the basic service is to leave and arrive on time, I believe this is what everybody is made to believe that they are paying for.

Actually I have also noticed that the stewardess are more rude in the way they talk to passengers........Question: Does speaking in a rude way makes the cost lower??????

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonnew
    I agree, but i don't think they have claimed that we will be expecting delays and sorts. the basic service is to leave and arrive on time, I believe this is what everybody is made to believe that they are paying for.

Actually I have also noticed that the stewardess are more rude in the way they talk to passengers........Question: Does speaking in a rude way makes the cost lower??????
    just like my posting above.. you pay peanuts you get monkeys.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by bumortic
    just like the saying goes. 'you pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys' you just got expect the best services from this kind of cheap stuff. you win some and yes you'll loose some.
    In Singapore One Peanut is equal to $600K.....of course I want the best monkey available by paying A Peanut.
    W204FL

budget airline...the budget is refering to the airline, not consumer.

They have a budget for everything...including noodles...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast