Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 129

Thread: More Tiger Airways saga...

  1. #1

    Default More Tiger Airways saga...

    Sigh.... sitting here at the lousy Budget Terminal (and we are paying the same tax as T1)... it's 8:47am, my flight is scheduled to depart at 7:35am... now it's been delayed to 11am!!! And they gave us a single pack of instant noodles as compensation!!?! And how am I gonna eat it on the spot?

    This is getting ridiculous....

    Hope the bros and sis here don't suffer the same frustrations as I did... first the issue with the tax, then the arrogant stance by Tiger Airways and now this...
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

  2. #2
    Senior Member ricleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    6,551

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    aiyo! instant noodles! like that also can.....
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

  3. #3

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    Sigh.... sitting here at the lousy Budget Terminal (and we are paying the same tax as T1)... it's 8:47am, my flight is scheduled to depart at 7:35am... now it's been delayed to 11am!!! And they gave us a single pack of instant noodles as compensation!!?! And how am I gonna eat it on the spot?

    This is getting ridiculous....

    Hope the bros and sis here don't suffer the same frustrations as I did... first the issue with the tax, then the arrogant stance by Tiger Airways and now this...
    you are lucky, my wife was stranded in manila for more then 24 hrs previously

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lower Seletar Reservoir
    Posts
    1,048

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    hey philip take a picture of that miserable instant noodle... send to the press with the tagline... budget terminal... budget food... budget service....

  5. #5

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    Sigh.... sitting here at the lousy Budget Terminal (and we are paying the same tax as T1)... it's 8:47am, my flight is scheduled to depart at 7:35am... now it's been delayed to 11am!!! And they gave us a single pack of instant noodles as compensation!!?! And how am I gonna eat it on the spot?

    This is getting ridiculous....

    Hope the bros and sis here don't suffer the same frustrations as I did... first the issue with the tax, then the arrogant stance by Tiger Airways and now this...
    Do a Hunger strike pose .... take a photo and post here....
    always the Light, .... always.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    That is why it is call budget...

    You should try the airlines in China, than you will find our budget airline is still blessed...
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  7. #7

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    WAH PIANGZ!!!!!!!

    Now delayed to 1500hrs!!! My whole day gone!!!

    I've already written to the press over Tiger Airways.... Now it seems like I have to take a full page ad to get a reply!!!
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    .....And they gave us a single pack of instant noodles as compensation!!?! And how am I gonna eat it on the spot?
    Instant noodles can be eaten uncooked. I had eaten it before in my boyscout days when the portable stove we brought along didn't work.

    We have survived the uncooked instant noodles. Don't know it's because the instant noodle or not. One of the boyscouts even went on to have two mistresses.

  9. #9

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    So how much is the tax?
    I thought the airport tax is set by CAAS?
    More info leh...

    How did they present u the instant noodle?
    Did they tell u where u can get a bowl + hot water + chopstick?

    Thanks...

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Instant noodles can be eaten uncooked. I had eaten it before in my boyscout days when the portable stove we brought along didn't work.

    We have survived the uncooked instant noodles. Don't know it's because the instant noodle or not. One of the boyscouts even went on to have two mistresses.
    When I was boyscout we actually developed a manual "100 ways to eat instant noodles" , eg u can eat it dry, uncook, cold water, hot soup, curry, microwave, etc etc, all of us are still alive today!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    When I was boyscout we actually developed a manual "100 ways to eat instant noodles" , eg u can eat it dry, uncook, cold water, hot soup, curry, microwave, etc etc, all of us are still alive today!
    We once cooked instant noodles with coconut juice as there are only coconut trees around but no water.

  12. #12

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    WAH PIANGZ!!!!!!!

    Now delayed to 1500hrs!!! My whole day gone!!!

    I've already written to the press over Tiger Airways.... Now it seems like I have to take a full page ad to get a reply!!!
    Go back hm rest 1st loh n can claim fr travel delay if u buy travel insurance.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    you kenna marked is it?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  14. #14

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    Sigh.... sitting here at the lousy Budget Terminal (and we are paying the same tax as T1)... it's 8:47am, my flight is scheduled to depart at 7:35am... now it's been delayed to 11am!!! And they gave us a single pack of instant noodles as compensation!!?! And how am I gonna eat it on the spot?

    This is getting ridiculous....

    Hope the bros and sis here don't suffer the same frustrations as I did... first the issue with the tax, then the arrogant stance by Tiger Airways and now this...

    what happened? i know it is quite normal for them to delay say 1/2 hr to 1 hr. but delay by so many hours, that's terrible. does anyone know whether u can claim compensation from your travel insurance?

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    Quote Originally Posted by Funny
    Go back hm rest 1st loh n can claim fr travel delay if u buy travel insurance.

    good marketing

    hope u got insurance so can claim$$$ buy new toys..
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  16. #16

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    Can claim $100 for each full 8 consecuive hrs of delay for AIA. For other company. I hav no idea!

  17. #17

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    on the plane the noodle is called "local delicacy Tomyam noodle" or something similar which costs i think $8 something

    I'm a poor guy most of the time if time allows i go to airport by train (i stay near mrt). But now the budget terminal is so inaccessible. If u take night flight, bus frequency from T2 to Budget Terminal officially is 30'. I waited for 40' then the bus came. And waited for 20' more before it departs to Budget Terminal. By the time i got there, my friend, arrived on a night flight. Is the only one there except for some cabbies.

    Going to europe in 2 weeks time but by Thaiairway. And i did buy insurance (had to, for the visa). Hopefully won't experience the same thing cost i have to catch another the flight in 3 hr right after i land. Pray pray ....

    Can't help laughing about the noodle, hilarious ...
    Last edited by Andry; 25th May 2006 at 10:49 AM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    good marketing

    hope u got insurance so can claim$$$ buy new toys..
    Hmmm.... new toys!!! Gd idea!!!

  19. #19

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    WAH PIANGZ!!!!!!!

    Now delayed to 1500hrs!!! My whole day gone!!!

    I've already written to the press over Tiger Airways.... Now it seems like I have to take a full page ad to get a reply!!!
    Did they give you a reason for delay?

  20. #20

    Default Re: More Tiger Airways saga...

    If I ca, I try not to fly these discount airlines, anywhere, not jsut from Singapore. Once, I was to fly Tiger out of HK, got delayed and delayed, not explanation. Chatted up one of the ground crew, she told me that the pilot got sick, and they have to fly another pilot in from somewhere, and eta ... tomorrow ...

    The thing that got me was, they knew immediately, how long the delay would be, but still wont tell us.

    Last time I flew Tiger, actually, got myself on another flight out ... forget Tiger.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •