Thread: sky and clouds

puffyfish
    Guests

Talking sky and clouds

I like to take pictures of blue sky with different types of nicely formed clouds.

color constrast, sharpness, brightness, cropping were adjusted a little in photoshop.

no metering done for this batch of photos, but a bit of framing in put into consideration. ^^;

btw, i would wish to know if polarize filter will help enhanse the sky colors or not? is it important if i like to take pictures like these. or any other filters that i should get?
    Last edited by puffyfish; 19th December 2002 at 03:28 AM.

Default yes!

"btw, i would wish to know if polarize filter will help enhanse the sky colors or not? is it important if i like to take pictures like these. "

Yes definitely a PL filter will help you out in your type of photo-taking and to reduce flare.

Yup it'll definitely enhance the sky colors. I'm not saying it'll make your pics look like magic but from your point of view, you can significantly see the difference once you start using it. Can be adjusted to your taste. For example, if you want to darken the sky to suite your taste if it's too bright.

BTW, there's two types of PL. Linear & Circular. I'm having the circular one where you can adjust by rotating it.

Another use of PL :

1) When you take pics of waves at the beach, sometimes the sun rays are reflected at the water surface, you can reduce it by using a PL so that you can see through the water surface(rocks/stones/etc).

2) When taking shots of motorsports, sometimes the glare is reflected on the windscreen thus eliminating the driver,and this can be overcome by using a PL.

Sorry I'm speaking from layman's term but it's like using a pair of adjustable sunglasses. Hehe..

I'll get one if I'm doing the kinda photog. you're doing.

Cheers,
    Allan

puffyfish
    Guests

thank you allanphang! that's quite a lot of information. Now I do really wanna get one PL filter. thank you very much again.

How I wish I had the PL filter too to cut the glare when I was at langkawi....

For a moment, I though EvonLim(c)2002 is the block number in your last picture.

Originally posted by Goondu
    For a moment, I though EvonLim(c)2002 is the block number in your last picture.
    Misleading.

puffyfish
    Guests

hehehe... yeah, now that you guys mention.. does look a bit like part of block. hahaha.. how nice to have the block name after me. :P <BHB

i wish that i have all those filters right now, but will have to wait. -_-