Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOTR2: must see (spoiler alert)

Originally posted by Mystix
    since there's a spoiler alert warning in the title i can say this rite?
    --
    i still dun quite get the ending...... gandalf went to look for reinforcements rite...but the king's nephew only had ard 3000 max troops....how to fight 10k orc?? but of coz the gd guys won in the end as usual keke...
    Well let say that the men on horses better since they are on the horse. let say each man take out 3 bad guys. That will mean 9000 bad guys gone. Leaving abt 1K for the "Heros" to take out.... and judging from the way they fight... that shldn't be a pro. (Legolas took out at least 17 and still counting ....... )

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Well let say that the men on horses better since they are on the horse. let say each man take out 3 bad guys. That will mean 9000 bad guys gone. Leaving abt 1K for the "Heros" to take out.... and judging from the way they fight... that shldn't be a pro. (Legolas took out at least 17 and still counting ....... )

And according to the website (I didn't read the book), orcs are supposed to weaken in the sun right? That might be part of the reason too....

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by Mystix
    i still dun quite get the ending...... gandalf went to look for reinforcements rite...but the king's nephew only had ard 3000 max troops....how to fight 10k orc?? but of coz the gd guys won in the end as usual keke...
    in medieval warfare, the attacking force should have a strength of at least 3 times the force of the beseiged party (at least that's my understanding - some tacticians recommended a 10-to-1 ratio if the castle is very well protected), cos the castle/fort will always have the advantage of fortifications, higher ground, etc.

so it's not inconceivable that Eomer's force could have swayed the battle to Helmsdeep. his 3k guys (especially since they're cavalry like what Bluestrike says) would be equiv. of at least 6K fott soldiers....

that's my take anyway.

cavalry is the equiv of today's armour div...
    anyway the magic in LOTR like anti-personnel only... nothing like D&D...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

why can't they summon fireballs and dragons to the castle ... waste of manpower ....

ya how come ah? i tot wizards r best at this sort of things

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Nope. You are right. The tree-beards are know as the Ents.
    Treebeard's only one of the Ents. He's the leader and the eldest as well...

*swoon* Legolas was just so so suave....

And where's the Dark Elves someone was talking about... By the way.. anyone saw me... I was WAAAYYYYYYYYY back among the rows or Archers. Too bad they wrote me off as the first casualty...

And I thought the battle scene was quite nice. Makes you sweat.. though it seemed impossibly long for the Helmsjeepers to defend against so large a force......

Originally posted by Poledra

Treebeard's only one of the Ents. He's the leader and the eldest as well...

*swoon* Legolas was just so so suave....
    poledra in the mood for love...

I thought the elves always looked rather gay..., except for the elf king, who just looks weird...

Originally posted by denizenx

poledra in the mood for love...

I thought the elves always looked rather gay..., except for the elf king, who just looks weird...
    Legolas reminds me of those chinese kungfu movies, where the hero has long neat white hair.... heh.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Legolas reminds me of those chinese kungfu movies, where the hero has long neat white hair.... heh.

Regards
    CK
    huh? which show? I know if he looks like that in kunfu movie, most likely he's the one who kills his master and attempts to molest his fellow disciple, then kena whoopassed by jackie chan...

I kinda like aragorn's design.. cool and grimy knight...

I've to agree... they filmed Legolas as TOOOOO SUAVE!

First was how he got unto the running horse from the front.. then was how he slide down the stairs on a shield.... the enire cinema was OOOooohh... Aaaahhhh....

there are no dark elves in LOTR, perhaps you got them mixed up with forgotten realms' Drizzt? ( when will they make a movie of that? )

Originally posted by shawntim

First was how he got unto the running horse from the front.. then was how he slide down the stairs on a shield.... the enire cinema was OOOooohh... Aaaahhhh....
    Yeah... this distant distant distant distant distant distant to powerof infinity cousin of mine is very showy one....

Anyways I liked the scene where he mounts the horse... got to watch it again to attempt to figure out how they did it.... anybody got a clue?

Originally posted by shawntim

Who'd have guessed legolas invented the skateboard we know of today.... in those medieval times...

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by Silverelf

Yeah... this distant distant distant distant distant distant to powerof infinity cousin of mine is very showy one....

Anyways I liked the scene where he mounts the horse... got to watch it again to attempt to figure out how they did it.... anybody got a clue?
    FX lah... alamak how does one use left arm to grab a horse from the *other* side and then move the body before moving the arm, and have zero effect on the horse bridle or saddle? note the horse already carrying 1 x fat dwarf...

Originally posted by shmott
    there are no dark elves in LOTR, perhaps you got them mixed up with forgotten realms' Drizzt? ( when will they make a movie of that? )
    my dream is to go India and round up all the pretty actresses, give them a hair bleach and film R.A. Salvatore's books...

Originally posted by ckiang

Who'd have guessed legolas invented the skateboard we know of today.... in those medieval times...

Regards
    CK
    since he lives for so long maybe he's the producer of AXN Exxtreme Sports...

Originally posted by denizenx

FX lah... alamak how does one use left arm to grab a horse from the *other* side and then move the body before moving the arm, and have zero effect on the horse bridle or saddle? note the horse already carrying 1 x fat dwarf...
    Definitely Fx lah..... just want to know how they work it into the scene.... and I think he used his right hand. Maybe when he 'disappeared' off the screen that's the trick.. hmm.. must watch and see. ... Tell him to carry handphone... don't want. idiot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast