Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National Runway cycling

Default Re: National Runway cycling

Quote Originally Posted by forward
    You certainly know how to give detail instruction. I am grateful for your kind input. Will go and register at TP Safra to get the boarding pass. Will be glad to meet up and have lots of fun. Thank you Redstorm.

I already have a helmet which is one of the most important accessories when you are cycling.
    No worries, that's the least I could do for u. Though I work in PLAB, I won't be taking part in the cycling. See too much of the runway everyday. Also, I don't own a bike. Hope you enjoy your ride.

PS. Just discovered today that they have already put in place sign posting giving direction along Airport Rd to the final destination.
    Last edited by redstorm; 24th May 2006 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    Ok, take Bartley Road, Braddell Rd and at the junction of Bartley Rd and Paya Lebar Rd/Upp Paya Lebar Rd, turn right. About 1km down the road, u will come to the main junction of Paya Lebar Rd/MacPherson Rd/Ubi Rd/Airport Rd, turn left into Airport Rd. You will come to the main junction of Airport Rd, Hougang Ave 3 and Eunos Rd, proceed straight ahead. About 500 metres ahead is PLAB on your right.

From Balestier area?

Head Serangoon Road, go straight up, pass Jackson Foodcourt along MacPherson Road, all the way straight up pass many traffic lights and you are at PLAB.

Are there any aircrafts on static display this yr?

let mi check then i post again here.
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by jetspeed818
    From Balestier area?

Head Serangoon Road, go straight up, pass Jackson Foodcourt along MacPherson Road, all the way straight up pass many traffic lights and you are at PLAB.
    Thanks Jetspeed818, will be going via Serangoon Road, MacPherson Road and then straight up to PLAB. Are you going too?

Quote Originally Posted by sheldrake
    Are there any aircrafts on static display this yr?
    Yes. Every year, the runway cycling do comes with static display. However, I urged you to go for the airforce open house.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayschampion
    Yes. Every year, the runway cycling do comes with static display. However, I urged you to go for the airforce open house.

Erm, you sure every year it comes with static display? I have seen the website and should I not miss anything, I am sure there is not a single thing mentioned about static display. I remember last year there is something mentioned about static display and there is even a clause saying that cameras are not allowed, but then everyone brought camera and the RP don't seem to stop them too.

As for RSAF open house, hehe, I am there everytime. Any idea when the next one will be?

open house is coming soon within these few months....

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    No worries, that's the least I could do for u. Though I work in PLAB, I won't be taking part in the cycling. See too much of the runway everyday. Also, I don't own a bike. Hope you enjoy your ride.

PS. Just discovered today that they have already put in place sign posting giving direction along Airport Rd to the final destination.
    so where do you work in PLAB? i'm in the medical center.

i really really really think i don't know how to go there lehs. hahahaha. though i'm staying so near there =P but i'd most probably be meeting foward aka jason around macpherson before we head down to PLAB. anyway what time is it opened to the public? 7:30am?
    I Love You :)

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    i really really really think i don't know how to go there lehs. hahahaha. though i'm staying so near there =P but i'd most probably be meeting foward aka jason around macpherson before we head down to PLAB. anyway what time is it opened to the public? 7:30am?
    Admission is only by Broading Pass and make sure you bring it along.
    Eunos MRT station will be a good meeting place instead of MacPherson Road.

Anyone keen to join us before heading down to PLAB should be at the Eunos MRT station with or without your bike (as you can rent one there).

Time to meet will be 6.45am and those with bike can come along for a cup of hot morning coffee nearby. Come early as traffic congestion might delay your entry into the Air Base.

I definitely second the coming early part. The area is under construction, roads are narrow 2-lanes. You'll take about half an hour just to get in there via bus 90. Traffic jam expected so be careful if you do decide to cycle there.

Quote Originally Posted by forward
    Admission is only by Broading Pass and make sure you bring it along.
    Eunos MRT station will be a good meeting place instead of MacPherson Road.

Anyone keen to join us before heading down to PLAB should be at the Eunos MRT station with or without your bike (as you can rent one there).

Time to meet will be 6.45am and those with bike can come along for a cup of hot morning coffee nearby. Come early as traffic congestion might delay your entry into the Air Base.
    Eh i really think there won't be any bikes there for us to rent. Please check on that. those that rented have booked like because a certain date i remember. and i don't remember say anything about a boarding pass is for entrance but only for lucky draw and goodie bag.

Yup bikes must be pre booked as they need to transport it there.

Quote Originally Posted by leonwithphotos
    i think a lot of people will not bring helmat....i think they will be too busy to check also ...so many people... i still have not registered...how to register?

i remember last year at AXS station but this year like different
    leon use the safra online.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayschampion
    leon use the safra online.
    we went down to various safra to register and collect our "boarding pass" =)

CooL guy, knock yourselves out tmr, and remember to take some pictures!

not bringing camera lehs =\ can bring in mehs? hmmm

Can as long as the lens does not exceed 135mm on the zoom end.
    just try to bring something not TOO BIG. cause the RP can't tell the difference. haha.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by SianZronG
    really ah? but i'm very sure they dun care one lo dun have helmet also like that haha.

actually i work at the base but i don't know how to help my friends to register.

any idea?
    Which unit are you in?

Sian 28th May is not my ICT period.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast