Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: eadwine has joined the dark side muharharhar!

Originally posted by denizenx

haha next time go with any piece or printout lor.. auto discount coupon..

Time to type your "E-Quotes"

err think they have a record of the quotes they give out lah coz they guy asked me for paper and went back to check i think...
    if u're feeling especially garang that day u can try though keke

btw on a side note...i noticed that the lens had one or two specks of dust inside the lens and the guy said its normal one can't have a 100% clean lens is that true or juz a load of bull? i didn't think it would affect the image quality that much so i went ahead with it.
    Last edited by Mystix; 18th December 2002 at 06:34 PM.

Santa Claus, where are you when I need you?

On the subject of CompactFlash, you do need to take note 1 thing. It might not be important to some camera but others do. All CompactFlash is not make alike. There is a speed issue. Price generally differ in brand and speed(Read/Write). For example, Sandisk has 2 models for same capacity, normal and Ultra series for better read/write performace to the Flash. I read somewhere certain SLR to shoot 8fps, you need a fast Compactflash such as Lexar. Since you own a D60, visit this website for CompactFlash performance on various brand.
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/media/co...on_eosd60.html

Shop carefully for tripod, you might attract alot of attention again.

Originally posted by yllow
    On the subject of CompactFlash, you do need to take note 1 thing. It might not be important to some camera but others do. All CompactFlash is not make alike. There is a speed issue. Price generally differ in brand and speed(Read/Write). For example, Sandisk has 2 models for same capacity, normal and Ultra series for better read/write performace to the Flash. I read somewhere certain SLR to shoot 8fps, you need a fast Compactflash such as Lexar. Since you own a D60, visit this website for CompactFlash performance on various brand.

erm... he already got 2 x 256MB....

but your link is really useful...it shows u the perfomance of different CF on different camera

Originally posted by yllow

I've never managed to fill the buffer. It all depends on shooting style. 256Mb CF is on the smallish side once you realise the usefulness of RAW (again depends on shooting style)

haha.. you don't have to keep quiet on such contructive information sharing. This is good information worth a read.

Anyway, I guess both people buy the 70-300mm for its longer focus length, not so much as to use it to take protraiture. I bought the lens solely for the purpose of taking wildlife. So in this case, a flash is not necessary. I do agree on the usefulness under bright sunlight to get a good picture. Otherwise I'll use a faster film which then again, may appear not having the color that I desired. I do like the f4.5 at the 300mm side though. It's still ok clear to look through the viewfinder. Only problem I faced is the overall picture tend to be on the soft side, as compared to the other focus length. WOnder do you have this problem too?

Originally posted by Wai
    ]

ya lor..i think i better keep my mouth shut... sorry

P.S. one more thing abt the 75-300...the f4.5 at 300mm end is quite unusable cos it is too slow....flash may not be able to reach that far so your 75-300 is only useful under bright sun light

i have seen a few pple who bought the 75-300....sold away in less than a month

ok..time for me to keep quiet

hey, good purchase eadwine!

now no excuses for not producing more creative shots!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234