Thread: how to bulit a graphics rendering station rig ?? "is there such a thing??"

Default how to bulit a graphics rendering station rig ?? "is there such a thing??"

i have seen post in HWZ. pple say a seperate system can be set up to act as a rendering system ?

i would like to know how its done also.

i would like to hear from fellow industrial and graphics designers. do you guys do the same ? as in to have a seperate system to run a rendering graphics ?

currently running a few applications like Rhino,Flamingo, 3D Max, PSCS2,Illus CS2,Alias studio pro and sketch book pro.

(when i run 3d Max and aliases programmes system will slow down. so i dun know if a seperate rendering system will help to solve this solution ? )

Default Re: how to bulit a graphics rendering station rig ?? "is there such a thing??"

upzz for this thread..

any solutions ??? i know besides upgrading.... any solutions like seperate graphics renderer ?

if there isnt, i will close this thread later in the evening

Default Re: how to bulit a graphics rendering station rig ?? "is there such a thing??"

Build from ground up. It's always the case unless u have a machine already doing it.

hey glenn,,,dont waste ur time wondering.3d softwares loves ram.watever ur setup is pump it up w/ram u can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    upzz for this thread..

any solutions ??? i know besides upgrading.... any solutions like seperate graphics renderer ?

if there isnt, i will close this thread later in the evening
    These are known as render farms. You get a few barbones PC (no need screen except when you are setting them up) with lots of ram and ok graphics card and you hook em up with gigabyte ethernet hub/switch. The hub/switch then hooks to your LAN. Then you set your 3dmax to render off this farm. It helps to reduce the render time.
    Last edited by Zplus; 23rd May 2006 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    These are known as render farms. You get a few barbones PC (no need screen except when you are setting them up) with lots of ram and ok graphics card and you hook em up with gigabyte ethernet hub/switch. The hub/switch then hooks to your LAN. Then you set your 3dmax to render off this farm. It helps to reduce the render time.
    oooo!! but does it cuts down the rendering time for Rhino and Flamingo since i am primarily using this application thou...

so it means it have to LAN the comps to a workgroup ?

hmmms.. this is interesting....... and must it be a gigabyte hub/switch ?

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    oooo!! but does it cuts down the rendering time for Rhino and Flamingo since i am primarily using this application thou...

so it means it have to LAN the comps to a workgroup ?

hmmms.. this is interesting....... and must it be a gigabyte hub/switch ?
    Not sure about Rhino and Flamingo. The software must be able to handle offloading the rendering to other PCs. 3dmax can do that.

Gigabyte hub/switch is impt coz you want the render nodes to communicate as much and as fast as possible. Next best is the old 100Mbps.

Here... how to build a render farm! =)
    http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1847412,00.asp

If you do build one... .post! Hahaha

Blog Entries

try this

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1815797,00.asp

google is your friend

ooops, same site different page

good luck!
    Last edited by ortega; 24th May 2006 at 01:41 PM.

i know. tried google.. limited success....

sigh. if only all the applications and run off the "Farm" that was mentioned... then life would be simpler and faster......

it seems like forever thou.... and the system is

thinking of giving old computers a new life here.. hahahha... so they can serve the purpose of supporting my computer thou....