Thread: Wildlife

Default Wildlife

Hi, New to photography. Would appreciate C & C. Thanks.

Default Re: Wildlife

snap shot, ie a straightforward capture of a scene without deliberate compostion to say something or to generate viewing pleasure arising from aesthetics. I think that what people means when they say, "Its just a snap shot."

All it says is, "A bird." It begs the question, "So, what about this bird?"

I think this is a very tame bird at the zoo for photo taking. A couple of things, just as espion mentioned, it is snap shot without much thought in technical & composition of a photo. When taking a photo of an animal, it does not always have to take the whole body, for this bird, if you zoom in on the head and crown, you can get a very good contrast and colorful photo of the bird. Also, you can play with DOF to make the photo more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by fotoboy
    I think this is a very tame bird at the zoo for photo taking. A couple of things, just as espion mentioned, it is snap shot without much thought in technical & composition of a photo. When taking a photo of an animal, it does not always have to take the whole body, for this bird, if you zoom in on the head and crown, you can get a very good contrast and colorful photo of the bird. Also, you can play with DOF to make the photo more interesting.
    Gee!...thanks for the tips. Just getting to know the cam so there's much work to do.

For the fz-10 try as much as possible to shoot at ISO 100 and make full use of your 35-420mm f/2.8 lens. Like what was mentuoned earlier try thinking of what you wish to convey before pressing he shutter..
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet