Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Night Shoot Camera?

  1. #1

    Default Night Shoot Camera?

    Hi there,
    I am looking for a relative compact digital camera which can that pretty well night shoot. Any recommendation? Is it the bigger the len, the better the camera can take night shoot?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default Re: Night Shoot Camera?

    Originally posted by bimmer
    Hi there,
    I am looking for a relative compact digital camera which can that pretty well night shoot. Any recommendation? Is it the bigger the len, the better the camera can take night shoot?
    night shoot doesn't relate to len size, u just need to have bulb mode(longer exposure) in ur cam to do night shot. even not bulb mode but 3 sec to 10 sec will do.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Night Shoot Camera?

    Originally posted by bimmer
    Hi there,
    I am looking for a relative compact digital camera which can that pretty well night shoot. Any recommendation? Is it the bigger the len, the better the camera can take night shoot?
    Bigger doesn't means better night shot.. AT least not in this case.

    In order to take night shot, teh shutter speed must be able to set to at least 4 sec or above. I think most digital camera nowadays will be able to do that. A tripod or stable support is need to keep the camera stable during the exposure.

    If u think compact, there is a few model than is realtively small.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default Re: Re: Night Shoot Camera?

    Originally posted by binbeto


    Bigger doesn't means better night shot.. AT least not in this case.

    In order to take night shot, teh shutter speed must be able to set to at least 4 sec or above. I think most digital camera nowadays will be able to do that. A tripod or stable support is need to keep the camera stable during the exposure.

    If u think compact, there is a few model than is realtively small.
    ya, minolta F100 seem like not bad.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Night Shoot Camera?

    Originally posted by bimmer
    Hi there,
    I am looking for a relative compact digital camera which can that pretty well night shoot. Any recommendation? Is it the bigger the len, the better the camera can take night shoot?
    some requirement for camera are as follows :
    1. able to exposure > 1 sec in manual mode
    2. zero noise CCD or noise reduction
    3. a stable tripod
    4. support timer mode or shutter cable release ( optional )

    there are many digital cameras tt able to take pretty well night shots in the market ... refer to

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/

    for the review and detail ...

    btw , what is ur budget ?
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  6. #6

    Default

    Tks guys for the feedback! I am thinking to get the Canon S45 as I prefer auto type of camera(Not very good in manual adjusting). Do not know whether this camera will take good night shoot or not?

  7. #7

    Default

    S45 can take night shots

  8. #8

    Default I am a s40 User

    hi,

    i have the older cousin of the S45, the S40. takes pretty decent nite shots, but needs a stable hand or a tripod. High exposure + wide aperture setting (2.8 on the s40) on AE mode can give nice shots too. Otherwise, just play with the manual mode.

    ^_^~ hee

  9. #9
    koonzyawn
    Guests

    Default

    Hi,

    I am a canon s30 users.
    The nite shots is okay but i think i should mention about the Auto AiAF focus deature which sometimes choose between 3 boxes in it.
    Do compare it with Minolta F100 cos i am torn between the 2 for nite shots but after buying i still duno which is better.
    Any F100 users care to comment?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    South
    Posts
    490

    Default Re: Night Shoot Camera?

    Originally posted by bimmer
    Hi there,
    I am looking for a relative compact digital camera which can that pretty well night shoot. Any recommendation? Is it the bigger the len, the better the camera can take night shoot?
    I Think maybe Sony F717, it got Night shoot & Night frame function even in no light enviroment......But never use before....

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by bimmer
    Tks guys for the feedback! I am thinking to get the Canon S45 as I prefer auto type of camera(Not very good in manual adjusting). Do not know whether this camera will take good night shoot or not?
    Auto Mode and night shots do not usually go well together, you may need to adjust the shutter speed and the aperture in Manual.

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by koonzyawn
    Hi,

    I am a canon s30 users.
    The nite shots is okay but i think i should mention about the Auto AiAF focus deature which sometimes choose between 3 boxes in it.
    Do compare it with Minolta F100 cos i am torn between the 2 for nite shots but after buying i still duno which is better.
    Any F100 users care to comment?
    I'm a F100 user

    For night shots you gotta to adjust the shutter mode

    So far F100 night shots are pretty decent

    I'm very satisfied

    Get a minolta F100

    Highly Recommended

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •